It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edmonton Canada UFO August 2 2014

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Nope, it's just a phantom vision plus with an extra LED lamp.

I don't believe LED lights are that big or bright, maybe if the people were videoing much closer.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

In front of branches? or just pixelation?

When you have a bright light and small tree limbs the light will appear to be in front due to the brightness of the light.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Well upon looking at the footage closer, it may be that the beam was bright enough and close enough to "wrap around" the first tree branches as it descends. Because if you watch as it gets further away behind the second tree, it goes BEHIND the tree branches like it should. Wish you would have mentioned that, voidhawk. Now I'm not so sure after closer review. Need more opinions please.

That's because some of the branches are closer than others and smaller so it will give that appearance.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I saw a video recently where someone attached their own LED to the phantom, was very bright and a good idea cause it's hard to tell what direction it's facing.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
One red flag I can see is that it seems to be "performing" for the camera. The footage starts before the thing shows up, as if the camera operator knows that it's going to appear in that spot, and then it conveniently does its little show just in the open space between the two groups of trees. Good thing the camera operator was in just the right spot to capture it. Imagine the luck.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: VoidHawk

In front of branches? or just pixelation?

When you have a bright light and small tree limbs the light will appear to be in front due to the brightness of the light.

I agree, but for those few frames it did seem to be in front rather than just being light spreading to neighbouring pixels. I've messed with video editing myself, and I know that when attempting to make something appear to be behind another object, the software often misses little bits, so I watched it in slow motion, and I saw the frame that I posted.
But as you said, light can spread and look like its in front.
If you're able to, watch it again in slowmo, I'm 50/50 as to whether its in front or behind.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't believe this is cgi...but it definitely looks and acts like a quad copter. The green and red flashing lighting, plus it's style in landing is a dead give away. I have seen alot of these flying across the street from my home in Michigan. There is a gated rv resort and the tourists seem to compete with all the latest techno gadgets. When we have guests over on our back deck, they often get excited about seeing 'ufos' above our house, until we take them out to the front yard and they see them landing at the resort across the street.

It is still fun to watch the aerial skills of these toys operators. I can only imagine how they would be viewed from a different perspective down the street or from someone beyond the woods north of the resort.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I definitely believe the lights are shining too brightly from too far a distance to be LEDs. As the object 'descends' it does not appear larger in vision. (Hinting it may be travelling across the sky at immense speed, rather than descending)

This is just my 2¢ !

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Chainz

I would attribute the object wrapping around the branch to pixel distortion as well. Normal behavior. Usually what makes CGI stand out is the destabilization of the object, and the irregular focus with other objects in frame.

This is an impressive video. I feel like the object moves intelligently, and descends too fast to be a quadcopter.

Thanks for the awesome post! I give this video my humble opinion of authenticity.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I don't believe this is cgi...but it definitely looks and acts like a quad copter. The green and red flashing lighting, plus it's style in landing is a dead give away. I have seen alot of these flying across the street from my home in Michigan. There is a gated rv resort and the tourists seem to compete with all the latest techno gadgets. When we have guests over on our back deck, they often get excited about seeing 'ufos' above our house, until we take them out to the front yard and they see them landing at the resort across the street.

It is still fun to watch the aerial skills of these toys operators. I can only imagine how they would be viewed from a different perspective down the street or from someone beyond the woods north of the resort.

I agree with you CynConcepts ,it defintely does not look like CGI to me either.

The flashing multi-colored lights are a facet of lots of UFO sightings in Alberta,Canada.There are vids poted online showing these multi-colored anomolys.

We all are excited to be seeing this anomoly on video from where the witnesses are standing because that alone is intriguing,I can only imagine how they would have viewed it from a different perspective , say the front yards or roofs of the buildings these UFOs seem to be dropping in on.

Definately time to add Edmonton to the list of interesting places where these things tend to frequent.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

We all are excited to be seeing this anomoly on video from where the witnesses are standing because that alone is intriguing,I can only imagine how they would have viewed it from a different perspective , say the front yards or roofs of the buildings these UFOs seem to be dropping in on.

:

What part about 'Quadcopter' don't you understand?

This is not an "anomoly"(sic), so get used to it.

Every hoaxster out there can buy one of these things.

Again, we will see these false reports more and more frequently for a long time to come. Are we going to have multi-page discussions about EACH one?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: one4all

:

What part about 'Quadcopter' don't you understand?

This is not an "anomoly"(sic), so get used to it.

Every hoaxster out there can buy one of these things.

Again, we will see these false reports more and more frequently for a long time to come. Are we going to have multi-page discussions about EACH one?

MMmmm....Naaa.... you are wrong,it cannot be called a toy or otherwise definitively . It is an anomoly.Which means it COULD be anything including craft/UFO/toy,or anyhing else for that matter.

We know people can buy toys,but this alone does not support toy as a definitive answer as to what we see on the video.

Yes we will see more and more reports of these craft/anomolys/UFOs as time progresses,because more and more people like the good ones who took the video are LOOKING FOR THEM,ha ha ha .

I am sure whenever these reports are brought forward we will see lots of discussions about them,as it should be,the more questions we ask the more answers we will find through our GroupSpeak.

Look how it works,you say it is a toy,when obviously it is an anomoly,so people QUESTION things even more, you catalysed more questions with your inaccurate observation,observations which we all have a way to prove are biased by your toy fetish,ha ha ha, we all have TWO EYES.

You could have said "it looks like a toy,but it could be anything" but this leaves the door open to it also being a craft/anomoly/UFo and you are willing to abandon reason to force your unsubstanciated perspective forward over all others,with the primry impct being to dis-enfranchise ALL OTHER POSSIBILITYS which by proxy eliminates craft/anomoly/UFO from the menu,now why would you wnt to do this?MMmmm.

Either you are afraid of the implications of this being craft/anomoly.UFO OR you in fact believe it is and wish to dis-enfranchise that possibility.

One thing we can be sure of is that you DO NOT KNOW IT IS A TOY.Your efforts to force this idea forward to the exclusion of all other makes your efforts stand out.

You are not defending anything tangible,you are simply trying to dis-enfranchise other possibilitys.

Now if we consider the historical sightings in the area which I googled,and anyone can Google we see paralell examples going back to the 60s and continuing to today in this area,pal I would say the Cat is out of the bag and "someone" will soon be doing a lot more paperwork in that particular area of the World.

There is peripheral evidence supporting ANYTHING BUT a toy,this is why it is so interesting how you are approaching the issue in its entirity.

Unless you think these "toys" were being played with in the 60s,when multi-colored craft/anomolys/UFOs were being sighted and recorded.

See,now you have me asking more questions,the process is working well.

I wonder how many Crop Circles have been reported in the Edmonton,Alberta,Canada area,and how many Cattle mutilations or Alien Abductions have been reported in those areas?

Because the idea of "toys" is so outlandish, we must dig even deeper I guess,MMmm thanks for the food for thought.

edit on 1-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Didn't see this one posted yet, although it would be a miracle if it hasn't been:

The object appears to move strangely quickly, which seems to negate any of the usual explanations...

Looks so obviously like drone/quad copter footage. I'm sure there is plenty more like it if you search through You-tube.

Here is a recent drone footage taken from someone's apartment in Vancouver.

edit on 1-9-2014 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2014 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

It's a phantom. No need to get twisted out of shape, there are better anomalies but this is just an RC. You can tell by the way it moves.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
He said 'its over south Edmonton', like it was another town over, so it must not be close.

I would guess its too high to be an RC quad copter, especially if it were distant, but I guess its possible.

Wonder what funny noise she was referring to?

Also like other person mentioned, does not look like LED from this great distance (like LED's on quad-copter posted here).

More promising as genuine footage than other footage I've seen here.
edit on 2-9-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
So that's it then. There will never be another credible UFO filmed ever again as long as all these toys are flying around up there. They will always be explained away as drones or quadcopters.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Wonder what funny noise she was referring to?

Whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Doesn't look like a "great distance" to me. Nothing to say its just beyond the trees in the video. And I agree that the person posting it as a UFO probably knew it was a quad copter. The sound should have been a good indication. If not, they are simply ignorant of what is out there in the skies -- just like all those people who post videos of Chinese lanterns on You-tube and claim they are TR3Bs.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Reason I'm not buying the toy theory in this case is that the winds are quite strong and the LEDs appear too bright, especially when the sky is not even dark yet.

This does seem to be a problem when these lights all appear to be something quite mundane when on film , stars, toys or lanterns, to the naked eye though they appear to be something else.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

At first I thought it was a UFO like we have seen in videos passed.

And then it started to descend but the light never changed its size when moving "away" from camera.

It therefore struck me this could be a homemade DRONE with lights attached to it and staged a distance from the camera recorder.

This is a hoax.

Thanks for posting anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join