It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What may be really bothering Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Perhaps you should peruse the religious and political forums here on ATS to see how the attacks are flying both ways...

Take off those rose colored glasses and see what is true.

My opinion stands. I'm old enough to have tossed rose colored glasses years ago.

The left doesn't come anywhere near the aggression and attacks from the right.

As said, I was Republican for 40 years. And I voted for Bush his first term.

Religion? What does religion have to do with this? Unless you mean the Christian Right. We are a secular government.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Nevertheless, the left attacks christians constantly, particularly the Christian Right.

Glad you tossed those glasses, btw.

I am not republican, and have not been for many years. I am an odd mix of libertarian, fiscal conservative, social liberal/conservative. lol There is no party for me so I have to pick as I see em, so to speak. I have not voted for a President since Clinton... when the choice is between bad and bad...I just stay out of it and I have been particularly disappointed in the candidate pool these last 15 years.

The attacks on Bush were particularly heinous at times. I was never a Bush fan, but I did begin to feel a bit sorry for him. He was over his head haha. Obama I lump in the class of Carter.. difference being that at least Carter had some experience running something (Georgia) whereas Obama had none. Another one over his head...

Being a hybrid, I do notice, perhaps, more of the back and forth. I also see how the lib side tends to adopt the "I am better than conservatives by virtue of (pick one) education, atheism, patronism, I know how you should live your life better than you-ism (although the Christian Right has that down pat as well), and otherisms.

Perhaps you mean or are using the right's lead in talk radio as the indicator? In which case, yep...you are right. They do have that pretty much under total control right now. I used to watch Fox for a day or 3, and then watch MSNBC for a similar period, just to get the right and left of it... but that whole thing started to really grate on my nerves. Pretty bad when you sit there and call people who are obviously supposed to be smart (and likely are) idiots for being so closed minded.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'd say he's realized what a moron he and his cabinet is. Wishful thinking aside, hopefully he's realized just how deep in the # he really is.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I see what you guys are saying and we're not out of the woods yet, but...

The numbers lie...any side with any agenda and skew some numbers to make it seem like they are right.

The only proof that I have is that. my business is booming. It wouldn't be if we were still in a recession. I don't cater to millionaires or the upper middle class and yet I'm still making money. I only take money, I don't barter in food stamps or anything like that. so people do have money to spend on my services. That's the proof right there.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

For sure we are not in a recession... but we just do not have the manufacturing and exports to balance the trade imbalance. Which means that, as a nation, our economy is destined to be poorer. We have imported more than we have exported something like 15 trillion dollars in the last 20 or so years. That means we have 15 trillion (trillion, not billion) dollars less in our economy.

The only thing holding us up right now is the trillions of dollars the Obama Fed is printing up.. that is going to backfire sooner or later and when it does... Let's just say that, historically speaking, countries that have tried that did not fare well.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

-- snip --
I am not republican, and have not been for many years. I am an odd mix of libertarian, fiscal conservative, social liberal/conservative. lol There is no party for me so I have to pick as I see em, so to speak. I have not voted for a President since Clinton... when the choice is between bad and bad...I just stay out of it and I have been particularly disappointed in the candidate pool these last 15 years.
-- snip --

Ah, a kindred spirit... Far too many people that know me out here in the physical world (most likely quite a few on ATS, as well) make the mistake of assuming that I am a Republican. How I'm registered in my home state is by no means evidence that you can use against me, it relates to certain things about the state I live in only. (Now that I know Obamacare requiring you to check a box as to political affiliation, I may have to re-think that...)

To stay on-topic, I'll just say that The Big O's handicap on the golf course may not be at the top of the list but is likely one of the top three...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Kennedy wasn't "fooled" by the CIA. He knew the way things were, just his brothers and him thought they could do better and differently. THAT is why he was great. Not because he was this noble people person. He was just more mindful of the common man as he worked to keep our empire running. Thats all. He wanted a strong people not just a strong ruling class.

Obama is NO KENNEDY. In fact he is nothing like him. Obama is fully culpable of everything he has done since he has done exactly what he promised to those that got him into power. He is a team player who doesn't stick his neck out for anyone. NOT EVEN the common man who backed him. WHY? Because the common man isn't part if the elite that got him the job.

I DOUBT that he will risk his life and that of his family for his principles. I doubt he will shed a single drop of blood or tears for the common man. That is what Kennedy did.

How dare you compare him to Kennedy.

Cheap. Really low man.

edit on 9 2 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

The numbers lie...any side with any agenda and skew some numbers to make it seem like they are right.

The only proof that I have is that. my business is booming. It wouldn't be if we were still in a recession. I don't cater to millionaires or the upper middle class and yet I'm still making money. I only take money, I don't barter in food stamps or anything like that. so people do have money to spend on my services. That's the proof right there.

And there are some areas in the country that are doing well while others are not. If you are in the right place, then you are not feeling the pain as much as others are. Clearly, you are not in West Virginia. You may be in the DC area or its surrounding environs. You might be in the Dakota currently experiencing an energy boom. You may be my husband's employer's small town. His company and the local small college keep it afloat and it's thriving, or you may be in any one of the other towns like that.

It's not a monolithic country of fail, but the places and people struggling outweigh the people who are doing well. Be very thankful you are floating. Most of us are not.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

Most people assume I'm a Republican, too. I'm not and never have been. I refuse to play the party game. I won't give my loyalty to either side. A party can change drastically over time into something you don't recognize. Why get caught up in that to begin with? I'll vote with the one who follows my aims best.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Gotta say I disagree.

All signs point to something bigger brewing. ISIS is a distraction, designed to lure western powers into a meaningless commitment and take their eyes off the ball.

Obama could wipe out ISIS with a click of his fingers anytime he wants to, but as long as they are contained, which currently they are, there is no rush. (geo politically speaking)

However, look at the situation in Libya, with the Gulf States becoming involved along with Egypt for the first time, the missing airliners from Tripoli and the looming anniversary of 9/11 I suspect he's holding back in order to deal with something else that we are not seeing.

There's an old poker expression, "when your position is strong, look weak, when your position is weak look strong."

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: amazing

And there are some areas in the country that are doing well while others are not. If you are in the right place, then you are not feeling the pain as much as others are. Clearly, you are not in West Virginia. You may be in the DC area or its surrounding environs. You might be in the Dakota currently experiencing an energy boom. You may be my husband's employer's small town. His company and the local small college keep it afloat and it's thriving, or you may be in any one of the other towns like that.

It's not a monolithic country of fail, but the places and people struggling outweigh the people who are doing well. Be very thankful you are floating. Most of us are not.

I hear you and feel your pain. I only wonder if most of us are doing okay? Not to put your plight down at all, but is most of the country doing okay? 60% ? or 70% doing more than scraping by...or is that number 80%? So hard to read the numbers when the administration or our other elected officials can twist them to suit their needs.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Texas is doing well. Even during the recession you would never have known it to look at restaurant lines and people at malls.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Kennedy was an Irish blue blood, or at least that’s what his father instilled in them.
Therefore when he became president he thought he could do things his way. He thought he was one of the boys…the elite. His old man would tell him to tell those snnoty Anglos to kiss my Irish arse. And that’s just what Kennedy in so many words did to the elite
And that’s what cost him his life

Obama like Bill Clinton is the new breed of president…trash, one white trash the other black trash.

I don’t mean anything racially pejorative by those appellations all they mean is that they are poor and hungry not rich and arrogant like Kennedy was. They’re poor and hungry so the elite can control them.

They won’t allow anymore like Kennedy

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Neocons want Obama to attack ISIS and Assad at the same time!

Here may be the fly in the ointment folks...

So now the cats out the bag.

The horror of ISIS just may be all a con just to destroy Assad after all

I just heard a neocon, of course on fox news, say the most absurd thing I heard in all of this.

He said that Obama should go after ISIS in Syria and at the same time go after Assad’s forces:

That would be an unmitigated disaster

It would make Syria another Iraq and just drag this on and on and on, not to mention bring Russia and Iran in to fight on Assads side.

The worst is that it might make Assad and ISIS allies!

We would have IRAQ x 10

It loooks like the zionist and neocons are doing their usual evil sinistes slinkling devil routine folks

So even if Obama does the right thing they will have him create more mischief in the process

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The NeoLibs just want him to attack ISIS. I have the feeling they wouldn't mind a misplaced bomb or 3.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Maybe, but the neolibs actually may have gone in with the neocons and also desire Obama does the stupid strategy of attacking ISIS AND Assad.

If Obama does that then we are in for HELL ON EARTH
IMO
It has to be ISIS only or Obama is being tricked

edit on 2-9-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Nevertheless, the left attacks christians constantly, particularly the Christian Right.

Secular government. Separation of church and state. Pretty straight forward.

When I became of voting age (21), the state required registering with a party, at least to vote in the primary. Too many years to remember exact details. There was no "none of the above" at that time. A California Republican is a social liberal, fiscal conservative. Or, at least, was back then.

I am now un affiliated, and in my state can vote the primaries.

Times change.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I see, so that makes it a-ok, eh? It's not like I was talking about the govt attacking religion or the Christian Right.

I could argue that there is no such thing as a secular govt based on the constitution, but that has nothing to do with the OP..

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I see, so that makes it a-ok, eh? It's not like I was talking about the govt attacking religion or the Christian Right.

I grew up Christian. I considered myself Christian most of my life. I KNOW they have a persecution complex. Not agreeing with them is persecution in their thought process.

I grew up in the 50s. People could be fired for not being Christian. Jewish children in public school were forced to recite Christian prayers and participate in Christmas festivities.

Christians are not being persecuted in this country (USA). They are just losing the grip they've had on this country, which is a secular government.

It is only in the last several years I've stepped completely out of the "god circle". Best thing I ever did. It was like clarity of thought was muddled in dogma.

Don't preach Christian persecution to this atheist.

edit on 3-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Were did you get persecution from what I posted?

I can link a multitude of personal attacks from people posting here on ATS towards people of faith. They are called everything from stupid to..other names which I will not post here. That is what I have been talking about.

I have no idea where "persecution" came from.

This is in relation to the beginning where we were discussing the left attacking the right and vice versa. My point was illustrative of that. I do not have a dog in the religion race, but I have open eyes and ears.

The OP is about Obama... Do you feel that he is doing a great job and is not deserving of the whipping he is taking? Initially, at the beginning of his first term and even into his second term the MSM gave him a blanket pass on everything as if he could do no wrong.

Never mind the fact that he covered up the whole Benghazi thing until after the election for nothing more than political gain. Something the Media should have slammed him for. It wasn't until recently that the blinders have come off and they are seeing him for what he is. Even MSNBC has been critical of some of the things he has done, and that is saying something. CNN is openly critical...

He has no experience leading any kind of organization except the community thing. He only had one term as Senator. For the life of me I could not understand why people thought he was qualified. To quote Clinton, who put it rather bluntly, Obama was, and is, an amateur.

Oh, and never... not once in my life have I seen anyone get fired for not being Christian or not Christian. Never even heard of it happening, even though I can believe that in a country of 300 million plus that it might happen.

edit on 3-9-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join