It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What may be really bothering Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Willtell

No matter how he is defended, excused and pampered, it can't hide the fact he is incompetent. Nothing but a community organizer with no real experience for the top office. This is what his fans have been doing all along, making excuses for him, blaming everyone else except him for his own failures. Even he believes it.

The CIA/NATO created IS is going along just as planned. It takes time to build something as large as IS and it takes time to take action. What action the US have planned for is unkown. The goal With IS might not even be to take out IS, but to use them so that the US can take out other objectives, Or to make other objectives "Nations" submissive to the US in some political way.

The ceation of IS is actually brilant. It already have you fooled. You want the US/NATO to take action no mater what asap. The US intelligence and the US government is a lot smarter than it seams to be.

The American empire is not built on stupidity by stupid People. They are way abowe you and way a head of you.

I always felt that the early terrorists were funded by Arab nations in order to fight a war against the West, and the US in particular without direct engagement and maintain their own security.

If the above is true, one may suspect that ISIS is the US's counterattack. A way to fight the Arab nations without direct engagement and maintain our own security.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
After a while the droning on about I'llbombya's incompetence is a background noise I find offensive.

I don't even like the guy. I honestly think that he is a corpserist (sic) shill. I think he is firmly mounted as a hood ornament on their Bentley.

What I find to be wholly amazing about his critics is that he isn't doing the WORSE job possible. The opponents that he faces in Congress have ham strung every effort to modify some of the most stupid policies practiced. Abraham Lincoln would have those miscreants dispatched. Their blind opposition to every proposed measure that gets us out of our current morass can only be considered traitorous. When they force him to do something extra-legal (such as resolving the kiddie barbarians at our gates) they hound his steps and invent spurious charges which they precipitated by THEIR gross incompetence.

The kettle and pot here are tarnished beyond belief but the pot is unusable. Full of flaws and holes (in their (HA!) reasoning) contorted to fit a political enfranchisement consisting of bigotry, gerrymandering, ignorance based on 'moral' principles and an inability to understand how a democracy works.

They are the standard issue nut-bags that come in the two ton assortment with every other extremist element who KNOW HOW IT SHOULD BE.

I've actually become curious as to what this Presidency would have been if the craven Congress had managed to be rational.

So yeah, the POTUS isn't great but Congress is so full of used toilet tissue, it could be Super Fund site.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

No matter how he is defended, excused and pampered, it can't hide the fact he is incompetent. Nothing but a community organizer with no real experience for the top office. This is what his fans have been doing all along, making excuses for him, blaming everyone else except him for his own failures. Even he believes it.

Perhaps, but you could say the same thing about Bush, Clinton, Reagon, Ford and Carter. Definitely Obama is better than Romney would have been.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I always pondered how a President would act if he knew that a massive catastrophe such as a Asteroid collision with earth were coming, or maybe an alien invasion that we could do nothing about. I would think he would be detached and not willing to do the normal things you might expect in world crisis. After all, if the world is going to end and you know it, then why would you worry about short term things like ISIS, Russia.

He does seem very stressed and he is definitely detached if not on purpose for his ideology then why else?

Maybe he is aware of certain doom and these normal matters don't matter.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Not really. My career began during the Nixon admin. Carter was, by far, the worst president of the latter half of the 20th century. Double digit inflation, unemployment and interest rates. The whole country was depressed.

Unfortunately Obama has been pretty much no different, the main difference being the lack of double digit inflation and interest rates. There has not been quite the depressed feeling as a whole as it was during the Carter admin. Therefore, just by results I would say that Obama was moderately better than Carter. But there is the same sense of incompetence as with Carter.

However, also in terms of results, Bush 2 and Obama fall beneath/below the rest of the presidents since Nixon.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My point of the op here is a nuanced one; trying to go a little deeper than the usual rhetoric of partisanship and dogmatic certainty that comes out of people

Exploring other possibilities than: Obama is incompetent or too liberal.

Both seem unlikely on its face.

But I am not one to always be into I know what is really going on, since were not in those meetings, none of us really do but have strong opinions…that’s fine and what a forum is all about. But here I want to explore other possibilities such as Obama may actually have realized he was deceived by the CIA and is kind of in minor shock.
It’s not a ridiculous proposition because other presidents have faced the same experience, as I reminded about JFK.

So even if Obama is a corporatist, too liberal, or somewhat dense after all, which all may have their degrees of truth, nonetheless it doesn’t mean he has totally forgot to think or have a conscience.

We have to realize two things that are pertinent:
One, the PTB wanted to get into Syria when the US tried to frame Assad on the chemical weapons. The people and congress AND Obama, too, prevented that. Obama could have been stronger and didn’t have to bring it to congress.

So people who say Obama is a puppet have to explain WHY he didn’t follow their desires during that time and just go and bomb Syria without taking it to Congress.

The second point is that it may not be a coincidence that ISIS quickly stormed into Iraq, as I recall, AFTER the Bomb Syria fiasco. Maybe that's coincidental but I have my doubts it is and am conjecturing that this may have been ordered by the secret masters behind ISIS( many speculate NATO and US and Israel intelligence).

Remember at the time of the Syria debate ISIS wasn’t even in the discussion, it wasn’t a big thing at the time...then all of a sudden ISIS gets all powerful and successful which resulted in a back door way to to going into Syria

My premise here then is that Obama gets daily intelligence briefings from the CIA, and if he wasn’t informed of the ISIS threat like he should have been then he may now smell a rat...and is tentative about what to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Or as Jimmy Carter said,,"Hamas really are a bunch of nice guys , given a chance",,
Americans want too give everyone a chance too be really nice guys,,
So Hamas formed a Govt.

Pres. Obama,,"Muslims really are a bunch of nice guys, given a chance"
So Morisi became Pharoe of Egypt.
And formed a Govt.

Now its,,

edit on 9/1/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I agree with the OP on this one. Lets not forget that Hillary was SUPPOSED to be president. Stealing an election from a black man in the USA with the hype that Obama had is not option LOL. So TPTB sucked it up and used Obama the best they could. How do I separate Obama from the rest of America's military/industrial complex you ask? He doesn't like Israel. Spoke on behalf of the Palestinians and suggested the 1967 borders. With Syria, he basically backed off and never said anything against Putin that was close to as bad as western corporate media did. Obama seems very disconnected from the ME sweep that general Westley Clark claimed the pentagon was working on ( the pentagon that supplies Israel without even notifying Obama)

For the first few years of Obama I was all over his *snip* because I didn't like the way he talked while getting nothing done. The more time has gone by the more I see a man tied down and using what little movement he has to try and do something that makes a difference. Talking with Turkey for example. Was that in the pentagons deck of cards?

Obamacare was a flop but so would be not following through on his campaign promises and at least trying. Don't forget that a president elect does not have a clue what is going on the white house or all the departments and agencies until he gets briefed after winning the election. Lets not pretend like he didn't meet any resistance trying to achieve what his voters expected.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Talking with Turkey for example. Was that in the pentagons deck of cards?

TURKEY????

LOL

biggest Foreign Policy blunder after Egypt,,

The Pes. of Turkey even said he no longer even talks to Obama.

and then he banned u tube and facebook, and ,,yeah
and now there arming Kurds,, Turkeys enemy,,, lol

Talking with Turkey for example. Was that in the pentagons deck of cards? ,, maybe the White House should have listened on that one.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: amazing

Not really. My career began during the Nixon admin. Carter was, by far, the worst president of the latter half of the 20th century. Double digit inflation, unemployment and interest rates. The whole country was depressed.

Unfortunately Obama has been pretty much no different, the main difference being the lack of double digit inflation and interest rates. There has not been quite the depressed feeling as a whole as it was during the Carter admin. Therefore, just by results I would say that Obama was moderately better than Carter. But there is the same sense of incompetence as with Carter.

However, also in terms of results, Bush 2 and Obama fall beneath/below the rest of the presidents since Nixon.

It is pretty easy to make the "worst president" these days isn't it. How does a president control inflation and interest rates? The central bank controls those and if the bank does not like your policies then they tighten the money, raise the rates and sink the economy while the president stands on the mic trying to explain with pictures of Kennedy's assassinated face stuck in brain.

Something similar happened here in B.C Canada. We had the NDP (pro union, very liberal, a third party) and they finally got elected. Worst years this province has ever seen. Was it the NDP's fault? I don't know. All I know is I was in construction and there wasn't a material delivery truck on the road for 4 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Talking with Turkey for example. Was that in the pentagons deck of cards?

TURKEY????

LOL

biggest Foreign Policy blunder after Egypt,,

The Pes. of Turkey even said he no longer even talks to Obama.

and then he banned u tube and facebook, and ,,yeah
and now there arming Kurds,, Turkeys enemy,,, lol

Talking with Turkey for example. Was that in the pentagons deck of cards? ,, maybe the White House should have listened on that one.

Yeah I read something like what you are saying in the corporate tabloids.

You wonder why you are laughing? stop reading the funnies.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's so easy to blame things on the President because he's the one that's always speaking. You can say he's the 'worst President ever,' but I'm sure you'll be saying that again when the next person gets elected. Nothing changes.

I don't agree with a lot of what Obama has done, but I also agree with a lot that he's done.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the U.S. is basically like a giant corporation, and that the President is just the spokesperson. Every President has been a puppet, and the ones who wanted to 'cut their strings' were killed. *coughKennedycough*

But again, he's easy to blame because he's the one we hear talking. I for one, blame Congress. They're the ones that can't reach a decision on anything, leading to shutdowns and the like. At this point, I really think Obama regrets his decision in running and becoming a puppet, because he gets hated on FOR EVERYTHING. There were people hating on him for wearing a beige suit. A SUIT COLOR, GUYS.

Ending thought here? I still think we're better with Obama than we were with Bush. And we're still better than we would have been under Romney.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Just the spokesperson? Nope...

The President can affect, through his personality, through his works, through his nature the way the country feels about itself.

When people have confidence, that is earned, in their leader you see a whole different dynamic than you have when people have zippo confidence.

I agree with Malbosia when he stated or questioned what Carter had to do with the economy...but when one's perception is that he is not doing a thing to turn things around, then the confidence drops and perceptions are negative regarding the future. Funny how when Reagan took over, even though the economy still sucked at first, people had a "can do" attitude and a better outlook re the future.

More than just a spokesperson.. Anyone who has actually been a leader knows there is more to leading than standing there. Obama just stands there.

He has no experience doing anything long term and particularly no experience being a leader or you would not hear this constant whining about everything being Bush's fault.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Simply put, imo, his hands are tied because of the up-in-the-air November elections. He doesn't want to do anything to sabotage any of the Dems. All he does is fund raise. That is where his focus is right now (other than golfing).

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Simply put, imo, his hands are tied because of the up-in-the-air November elections. He doesn't want to do anything to sabotage any of the Dems. All he does is fund raise. That is where his focus is right now (other than golfing).

Because golfing is a crime.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Just the spokesperson? Nope...

The President can affect, through his personality, through his works, through his nature the way the country feels about itself.

When people have confidence, that is earned, in their leader you see a whole different dynamic than you have when people have zippo confidence.

I agree with Malbosia when he stated or questioned what Carter had to do with the economy...but when one's perception is that he is not doing a thing to turn things around, then the confidence drops and perceptions are negative regarding the future. Funny how when Reagan took over, even though the economy still sucked at first, people had a "can do" attitude and a better outlook re the future.

More than just a spokesperson.. Anyone who has actually been a leader knows there is more to leading than standing there. Obama just stands there.

He has no experience doing anything long term and particularly no experience being a leader or you would not hear this constant whining about everything being Bush's fault.

I agree that inspiration is key to being a good leader and you have to agree that up until he took office Obama gave a lot of inspiration. Maybe the most since Kennedy.

The inspiration that Reagan gave was that wall street and central banks were singing his tune (or vice versa) Reagan stayed away from certain policies and and helps usher in favourable new ones and he was rewarded with happy voters.

Andrew Jackson is a good reference to show how the central banking cartel can make or break a nation depending on it's relationship with a president.

Carter has some good speeches. I still watch his videos as inspiration. Reagan?... lol. Not so much.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude
I think it more likely he's waiting for the EU to initiate a coalition. America doesn't always have to be the first to always go up against a threat. Europe needs to get off it's ass and do something, regardless of the political ramifications. Isis is more a threat to the EU than it is to America.

. a reply to: Willtell

The problem with that is that the EU countries don't have much in the way of military might of their own because they've mostly always let the US do the heavy lifting for them in that department.

I'm not saying they have NO military or that what they do have is bad, but their budgets are mostly tied up in social welfare programs, not in defense spending. We have mostly subsidized the defense of the Western world except for Britain for a long time now. Why do you think the US still has so many bases in Europe?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth
Honeslty, obama is sending our bad ass private contracting and special ops to take care of stuff out there. We won't here about anything but the wins and accomplishments here on out. I can put some money on that. And it's not that he doesn't know what he is going to do, its he knows but is not going to say. Why would you boast your plan of attack on national tv? He may be an idiot, but he's not that big of an idiot......you guys are idiots if you think we are going to give everyone our plan of action lol. U make me really lol

And if that's really what's happening because it's Obama that's doing it, we can count on the press to hold its silence. If Obama wore the "other" letter after his name, they'd spoil that news as soon as someone came up with it because if that's what's happening, it means we are fighting a "dirty" war, the kind of war that was talked about a time or two as a necessity during the Bush years, but as soon as someone in the press got a sniff of black ops of ANY kind, they outed it.

So, is Obama playing the "wrong" kind of war, too, or is he just incompetent or is he actually sympathetic to ISIS and using inaction to take action on their behalf?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You're working with the assumption that Obama is a lackey for someone or something.

Obama is in charge.

He is just incompetent and a failure.

It's just like Bush only in reverse.

The president is the smartest man in the room until it's better for him to be the idiot.

Bush was always the idiot until they wanted him to the Evil Genius.

Obama is always the smartest man in the room until it makes them feel better to believe he's the poor, manipulated dupe. How does the smartest man in the room get to be the poor, manipulated dupe?
... The exact same way the Evil Genius is actually an idiot.

edit on 1-9-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So, is Obama playing the "wrong" kind of war, too, or is he just incompetent or is he actually sympathetic to ISIS and using inaction to take action on their behalf?

Maybe like a lot of people here, Obama suspects or even knows that ISIL is a trap. I don't know if the spec-ops will avoid the inevitable which is drawing the US into another open ended war. He knew Syria was a trap...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join