It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns, Mobiles and Valuables.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Know who IS is anyone? Radical Jihadists? the Elder extinct Mr Baghdadi to the extant younger Baghdadi if either existed at all, at all?
Thing is I just watched a BBC special report from Iraq and it clearly states, "the most radical jihadist group yet known" in regard to IS, yet one of the interviews is of a villager who escaped from a mass grave. Firstly he says when the IS came they told him he would be safe if they surrendered any guns they had to them. Then they came again another day and gathered everyone in the village together and called for the surrender of Gold, Mobiles and valuables, as if another guarantee of safety. Once that was done the men were taken to the outskirts and shot en masse and buried.
Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but to me this sounds more like the actions of soldiers of fortune, real mercenaries and nothing to do with any religion in any way shape or form.
Yes, all has been done before in the name of religion, never in the spirit...always political, always with radicalised lackies who know nothing more, (time may tell a tale there) or just plain plunderers. To me, and so far, IS is no different and certainly not the most radical Jihadist group ever, since it has nothing to do with any philosophy other than kill and steal. Yet again in the report an American government rep talks about how well funded they are, (which they certainly are) without one iota of a hint as to where the funds come from. In fact in the whole report there is no counter to anything, just a fairly young reporter who understands the language, not even a background to IS as if we all know who IS is. There is not much doubt that people are disappearing and dying, just ordinary people.
There is no video of that report as yet as it is today, but someone may have recorded it.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yeah.
Sounds like desert pirates.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I found an interesting article on Huffington Post
Shows the beginnings of Ibn Saud's dynasty looked just like ISIS.
edit on b000000312014-08-31T18:50:51-05:0006America/ChicagoSun, 31 Aug 2014 18:50:51 -0500600000014 by butcherguy because: stupid autocorrwct

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Al Baghdadi and the 40 theives.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Sounds to me like when someone says, "give us your guns, and you will be safe", you shouldn't.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

give us your guns, and you will be safe

Sounds just like someone i know here in the US.

Best to start with giving them the bullets first.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I found an interesting article on Huffington Post
Shows the beginnings of Ibn Saud's dynasty looked just like ISIS.

An excellent link with a lot of the history perverse and perfunctory as it is, much of which I know zilch and thanks for bringing it to the table
however this is not infidel hunting as prostituted for so long that is going on now, it is clearly agenda fear mongering which profits, no matter which way you look at it. Wahabism is not Islam.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Sounds to me like when someone says, "give us your guns, and you will be safe", you shouldn't.

Yes, though you could argue the context in which it was said, as in adding, "Or else"

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

ISIS or IS or whatever their name isis a creation of US/UK/Israel and the Saudis with help from the Qataris.So there are many people involved in orchestrating this satanically deathly project...This is done mostly to counter Iran and Russia and to weaken their influence in the area.The other reason is to divide the ME and unstable it enough to conquer the whole region and install different little puppets who act more like they are British agents in a middle eastern outfit than real Arabs...The other reason for supporting the good looking terror worker fellows is because they all gather in one spot and if they do not destroy themselves from within they will surely be discharged by Western intervention who then take all the credits for destroying the "most notorious terrorist group" in the world...But I am sure they will not go down easily and the remaining of them will make nightmares for a lot of people all around the world ,specially for whom that created and supported them and then stabbed them in the back.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The report is available now on BBCi player at this link,

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Yet again in the report an American government rep talks about how well funded they are, (which they certainly are) without one iota of a hint as to where the funds come from.

The proceeds of crime. Either the desert pirate type you mention or criminal activities including drugs and more lucratively, the grooming, trafficking and enforced prostitution of under-aged girls?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

originally posted by: smurfy

Yet again in the report an American government rep talks about how well funded they are, (which they certainly are) without one iota of a hint as to where the funds come from.

The proceeds of crime. Either the desert pirate type you mention or criminal activities including drugs and more lucratively, the grooming, trafficking and enforced prostitution of under-aged girls?

All that, but the really big money?

top topics

join