It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What is NATO?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
a reply to: MrSpad

are you suggesting Treason is an outdated concept and doesn't occur? SACEUR is American but the political leadership of NATO is often, if not always, European and the deputy SACEUR is British.

Why would any American subject himself to European political leadership or have a British guy as his wingman in a fight?

you guys are revealing how clueless you are to how things work in this world, I think.

I don't know what world you are living in but the British and Nazi's, moreso, are rivals and sometimes enemies and in the case of Nazi's eternal, Rule of War style, enemies of America...plain and simple. and just because we aren't fighting with one another doesn't mean we're friends.

with thinking like yours America's military leaders will be commanding an Army of ISIS in 20 years.

America would be good to lose its bases in Europe by withdrawing from NATO and deport all non-American NATO soldiers and intelligence operatives in America at the same time.

problem with ISIS solved.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:29 PM
a reply to: DJW001

I don't have the strength or patience to manage a thread. but this thread is about What is NATO?

OP, probably doesn't want us to regurgitate the NATO website to him, but is asking a deeper question.

I'm telling you what NATO is...whether you can accept it or not is another issue.

NATO is the device that former and current "royalty" in Europe, the Middle East and Africa have used to keep America engaged in its adventures. Its natural enemies are constitutional democracies and its natural allies are monarchies and theocracies.

it enjoys making things look like things other than what they are.

they are accomplished at hunting and trapping all types of life forms.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM

NATO has always appeared to be nothing more than an extension of the US military, doing the bidding of the US to give the impression of legitimacy of International military conquest for US gain.

a reply to: Britguy

The UK is part of NATO making this comment nonsense. You obviously realise the MIC on both sides of the Atlantic profited from such imperial ventures long before NATO was even formed...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:06 PM

Years of observation of reality, not press soundbites, political talking heads or internet descriptions of what NATO is or what it's role may be.
a reply to: Britguy

Which reality is that then?

top topics
<< 2  3  4   >>