It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian militias to fight ISIS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure on the veracity of the reports, but the idea of Christian militias to form counter-terror groups to the Islamists like Hamas, Boko Haram or ISIS is quite interesting.

Why should Christians stand back while their communities are destroyed?

It was quite engaging watching the South African news last night, because just after they showed pro-Hamas protestors who want to boycott a supermarket chain for selling something like 1 percent Israeli products (from non-occupied territory), they showed Christians protesting against the destruction of ancient communities by Islamists in Iraq and Syria.
The Islamist propaganda war is seriously failing to win hearts and minds this time around.
There's an aura of a looming counter-movement, even from some liberals.

There's talk of Assyrians, but also global people who want to enlist in a Christian-style militia.
Then again it might all be a load of baloney.

If true, I just hope they don't act like the Islamic State, and start engaging in revenge attacks, forced conversions and "moral cleansing" campaigns.

We'll see what happens, although I personally thought the Islamic State might be a good thing, because it could finally be a place to drop all the Islamist hate preachers (in addition to their leftist enablers) and all the rest who want a Sharia law-based state, and who only came to Western and African countries to subvert and exploit them.
It's just a pity that the resumption of Islamic colonialism had to take such a genocidal form against religious minorities already living there.

In any case, here are two links:
shoebat.com...
www.aleteia.org...

edit on 31-8-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The great Christian vs Islam war is being propagandized into being right as we speak.....
Christian Militias were reprehensible in Lebanon where they massacred the Shatilla and Sabra refugee camps....
Look at the crusades for the horror of religious war....unspeakable acts were commonplace.
This will be no war that will be fought under the Geneva convention.....they will take no prisoners on either side....
The world descends into mad chaos if this kicks off....

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yay. Let's bring back Christian terrorism. Because, you know, fighting fire with fire jives so well with what Jesus taught.

These people are trying to bring about TEOTWAWKI so they can install whatever kind of theocratic bull# they've been dreaming of for millennium--be it a New Jerusalem or an Islamic Caliphate.

Or at least that's (part of) what they'd like us to believe. Nevermind that both sides' strings are being pulled by the same master.

Anyway. Christians. What would Jesus do?
edit on 8/31/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just plain wrong. Are we back in the Middle-Age ?

Not because IS are fighting a war THEY think is a religious war, the world should follow.

I hear often; Muslims should take care of ISIS because it's their problem. What difference will there be if those Muslims decide to gang up on another gang of Muslims ? Well, in my opinion those Muslim fighting ISIS would be no different than ISIS themselves. IT'S NOT A RELIGIOUS WAR except for ISIS.

Now if Christians decide to gather a "Christians" militia to fight ISIS, well folks, if we do there is no turning back anymore, we would be no different than ISIS and basically fighting a religious war. We would fall for their trap....

Humans should be fighting ISIS, no matter what the religious background..... Muslims, Christians, Jews, Devil worshippers, Hindus, atheists, buddhists.... Because it's NOT a matter of religion, it is only if you're a religious nut.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Their are Christian militias in Africa but, they are just as bad as ISIS and Boka. The French had to go into CAR last year because they were slaughtering people. Pretty much anytime to you take radicals from any religion and create a miltia it is not going to end well.
edit on 31-8-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As a christian Id join the militia. But I wouldn't fight in the name of Christianity, Id fight in the name of Humanity.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cass1dy09

As a christian Id join the militia. But I wouldn't fight in the name of Christianity, Id fight in the name of Humanity.

Would you kill Muslims for refusing to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior?

Because that's what you'll be forced to do, else you'll share the Muslims' fate.

Make no mistake--neither side has any claim to moral superiority. Or is the ridiculous notion that Christians are kinder, gentler conquerors still being tossed around?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cass1dy09

Here here.

clearly the poster above didnt actually read your post lol

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cass1dy09

You don't even get it do you ?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Here here.

Yeah, I'm sure all militant religious organizations let their members pick and choose what they're fighting for and which orders they'll follow.

Not.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: cass1dy09

Here here.

I think if you join a "Christian" militia, you're basically accepting to fight as a Christian, against "Muslims"... Same problem, different religion.

If my Buddhist Shaolin friend can't join a "Christian" militia that wants to fight for humanity, well that militia are as much as problem as any religious armed group.

Then again, Christians shouldn't fight, turn the other cheek.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good .. maybe then the religous nuts will finish each other off and the world can finally have peace...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Know what's awesome? Jesus, the man who Christians follow, never fought back when he was about to be crucified. (If he even really was.) He let it happen because he knew, you are 100% EXACTLY like the people who are trying to kill you when you try to kill them first. You are no better, and its not justified, in the eyes of their Jesus.

If you get killed for what you believe in, that's great, but you are never justified in retaliation. The world will NEVER know peace until we all understand this concept.

No more eye for an eye. If you haven't noticed, the concept of An eye for an eye has never, in the history of any civilization, ever worked out. Somebody always retaliates. And the war never ends...

You have no right calling yourself a follower of Jesus if you are on board with this sh@$. You can call yourself evil and pathetic though. Look at the bigger picture for once. If you die because you loved your enemy so much, (like jesus would,) you'd let yourself die rather than killing your enemy, you'll end up going "home" anyway. You'd be in better shoes then your enemy if you die. They still have to endure a life of sh#$ and garbage before they get to come home...

We may be in a world that is separated by borders, races, religions, and colors, but we all live on the same planet, and we all want to feel loved and cared for.

Just learn to fu#%in love each other already. God damn

edit on 31-8-2014 by drz400 because: no reason

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's a really difficult topic, and that's speaking from thousands of miles away from this area.
I guess though that the Middle East affects everybody, even if taking sides is really a bit as abstract as supporting your favorite English football team against another.

It's so easy to parade to war with a "raa-raa" song.
The reality of killing, and people screaming for their mothers is quite different.

There's probably a divide and rule conspiracy behind it.

However, communities are being wiped out by all credible sources, and one would be naive to think there won't be similar counter-movements from people who identify with them, unless it ends very fast.

Very troubling really.

On a more practical level, I wonder whether Christian fighters from the West who want to go will face similar restrictions as the Islamists?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Awesome... back to 1096 we go!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why wait for the Christians to do it,it isnt a Christian issue, this is Global Humanitarian issue,it threatens the freedom and safety of everyone in every Country on the Planet and we need to come together to tell ALL organised religons that there WILL BE NO KILLING ON OUR WATCH in the name of their invisible friend.

Religons have OFFICIALLY taken a backseat to Global Humanitarian Security and Well Being concerns.

If the rebel radical Muslims who speak without right for Mohmmad and Allah wish to be the first to test the Global Communitys Mettle and cohesiveness then so be it,they have picked the right time in our History to do so.

The Global Community does NOT have to allow this to be anything religous at all,these madmen are a threat to us all,religons are not threats, crazy people who choose to interpret religons to propogate their own rebel warped interpretations of Mainstream beliefs are a threat.

Everyone no matter what their belief system gets Holidays every year,maybe people need to start taking them together in places that they want to see change in and lets see what happens if Syria gets flooded with 5 million or 10 million people who wnt to learn what is going on there?What happens if the Global Community puts religons aside and simply does what it can to GO TO THESE PLACES ENMASSE to see the things that are going on.We are mobile and can go to these places ENMASSE without any particular Governments permission.

Call it Humanitarian Adventure Tourism and provide para-military training and equipment,no one wants to be unprepared when they are on Holidays in a Country with different rules than they see at home,you know when in Rome... do as the Romans do.

I am no Doctrinal expert,but why dont the good Muslim People call a Jihad against the Rebel Jihad?????

This is the only fair and rightfull way for the Muslim People to show their alligence to the Globl Community,the same would be expected of any Group that spawned this type of negative rebel influnce.Why doesnt a smart Iman simply begin the process of calling on all Muslims Globally in support of Mohmmad and Allah to Jihad the False Prophets who claim to know the word of their holinesses and who act outside of the Realm of Mainstream Muslims,and in doing so also risk Millions of Muslims who have no say in the matter.

Stone cuts Stone.

edit on 31-8-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So Christians should sit back and watch Christians get their head chopped off. lol

They have the right to defend themselves. Christianity have evolve way far ahead of Radical Islam that still lives in the dark ages.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There are many professed Christians I have met that have the attitude that there is a time for turning the other cheek and a time to defend yourself from evil.

However, I don't get that from any New Testament studies or from my overall impression of what Jesus taught. I also have an over whelming feeling that Christ would have considered the idea of a militia as out of the question in regards to his followers.

So in my opinion, the idea of any true follower of Jesus forming a militia is an impossibility, but some misguided, supposed Christians might do so.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
So Christians should sit back and watch Christians get their head chopped off. lol

They have the right to defend themselves. Christianity have evolve way far ahead of Radical Islam that still lives in the dark ages.

Not at all but Christians know very well there is a Global Community which THEY are a part of which MUST ACT BEFORE THEY DO,I agree it is time to act,but NOT in the name of Christians,in case the Christians havent noticed these nut-bars dont pick favorites, so this is a HUMANITARIAN Global Community Security and Well Being issue with a REBEL MUSLIM FACTION which has committed the worst possible infractions of the Koran,this is NOT ABOUT MUSLIMS HATING ON THE WORLD OR ON CHRISTIANS.

These are more than Rebels,I think we all need to review the doctries these Rebels say they are a part of, these guys are trying to break the Muslim World Community in Half because they know if they do not do this they will never see their dreams of killing and murdering while they Falsely Represent and speak over and in place of their religous catalysts Mohmmad and Allah.

The Global Muslim Community is peacefull and not represented by these idolators,but they are responsible for what they are letting them do to the Muslim People Globally,to regress the entire belief System to support their lust for power.

The Global Christian Community is peacefull and not responsible for Global Security but they ARE protected under its auspices,and the have free-will.

I think the Global Community needs to step up first here and everyone not on that Team needs to step back as they are just back-up.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

And the fact that you're saying that, proves the contrary. How ironic.

Some of us simply have not evolved.

"MY RELIGION IS BETTER THAN YOUR RELIGION"

Right... so... we're pretty much in the same state we were in 1096 right? lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join