It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question about a freaky cool dream experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hi.

Last night I had a dream inside a dream.

I’ll briefly explain my experience because I understand how boring it is to hear or read about another person’s dream. I have a roommate who wishes to share her dreams with me at least twice a week. First thing in the morning I listen to stories of another person’s dream world. I smile and nod but it's tiresome.

Anyway my point is I had a bizarre dream about some war. The interesting part is after I awoke I told my dead father about the war dream but I was sleeping. I didn’t view him as being dead in my dream we were just talking. So I was sleeping but then I told someone about the first dream. It reminded me of Inception.

Kinda freaky, huh?

Is this common?!?

I still remember some details but it was all a dream and you know how dreams fade.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Yes, I have had several.

I`m going to top yours with one I had a few months back:

I was dreaming I was dreaming, so far nothing new. But than the dream got lucid, that was a first for me happening while I was dreaming I was dreaming...here comes the kicker, I tried to wake from the dream I was dreaming, so inside my dream...very wrong idea...every electrical energy in my whole body started to short-circuit, literary from my brains to my toes I could feel it happening...I can`t describe how that felt, but really really horrible...I woke up because of it in a very bad manner...safe to say I won`t do that again.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I think it is common. One time i had a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream times 11. I woke up like 11 times in a dream, and every time i woke up it was in my normal room and something bad was happening like i was getting robbed or something. They are called false awakenings in the astral projection community.

Its normal but definitely a cool experience.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It's quite common, although I haven't had any myself.

The one I can remember having was that I woke up (in the dream), set my alarm to go to work, went "back" to sleep, and woke up because I needed to reset the alarm. This went on until I really did wake up, thinking I overslept for work (it was a Sunday, which I don't work on).

The neat part was that with each "inner dream" I "woke up" in, I was becoming more and more lucid (basically, I was catching myself dreaming the dream).

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Yours reminded me about another dream I had :

I hate standing up in the winter...I dreamed waking up, stopping the alarm, stood up, went to the cold bathroom to do my things...beep, beep, beep...my alarm goes off for real...you can`t believe how bad my mood was after that.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

That is very cool if you can 'control' your dreams.

I had an experience but it doesn't happen to me often. Thanks for your input on the topic.

top topics

join