It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Tube warning for 1st Sept..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Interesting thread, and very interesting times. Just commenting so I can keep track, at the moment. S&F OP, thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So nothing happened. Thankfully.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Because it was a hoax. It was someone trying to smart and seeing what sort of reaction they could get. Increased police presence was probably because of this in case it was actually a threat rather than a warning iykwim. They know it's a hoax but think hang on, if something does happen we'd get a massive backlash for not doing anything.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
whats the point of telling people on holiday to catch the next flight back? if its a london based problem i'm sure there would be enough officers available quicker from around the UK than hoping that they can get their way back from a 12 hour flight?

and lets just say that letting everyone know we need our plod back within x days to meet a terrorist threat will tell them to take a break and perhaps make it a few weeks away

Yeah I doubt they did that. It's entirely possible there's a ring of truth to some of it, but some colourful embellishment, also.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This thread should have been placed in the Hoax bin by now as its been proven a hoax and yet it's number two thread on the home page, very strange.....

The Metropolitan police has been forced to quash rumours of an imminent terror attack on London after a hoax message was distributed.
The text, which was widely shared on social media, warned that police were preparing for a major attack on the Underground this week.
The message read: "They think there's a terror threat and that it will happen on the tubes tomorrow around the west end area. So don't go travelling on tubes!! It's better to be safe than sorry. Please share."

The Telegraph

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

Yes, when there is a credible threat, you will be warned through your Facebook buddy.

Not through the media, that would wet their pants for a credible threat.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
wheres the attack

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

I'm London born and bred. I don't recall EVER hearing anyone talk about the tubes, plural.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join