It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola in the ER

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

and no kissing with somebody u just met,,,saliva its a body fluid,,, 21 days,,then a kiss is ok.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ah. So you're saying it's all about healthcare priorities - and the poor -anywhere- aren't on the list? ....Silly buggers. Maybe a pandemic might make them see the light. You know, when they get sick themselves 'cuz there's no pill for it 'cuz it's mutating way too fast to keep up. Yep. That'll show 'em.

/disgusted sarcasm

edit on 31/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

The waiting rooms are full

u start projectile vommiting and uncontroled shiitting in your pants,,, then i dont see,,,The waiting rooms are full as a problem,,,

although i could be wrong.

You're not. That squirting, stinking patient just graduated to a higher tier. The ER is a tiered system was my point. Walkins are bottom rung.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

Ah. So you're saying it's all about healthcare priorities - and the poor -anywhere- aren't on the list? ....Silly buggers. Maybe a pandemic might make them see the light. You know, when they get sick themselves 'cuz there's no pill for it 'cuz it's mutating way too fast to keep up. Yep. That'll show 'em.

Thats a scary scenario. It implies Ebola has broken out on some level at that locality (which it hasn't… yet). By then hospitals will have completely changed their procedures to accommodate. The receiving "room" will be outside in a tent staffed by Zoot suits.

Difficult procedurally since confirmation of Ebola is a culture and wait for days thing (in order to be sure).

Bearing in mind that early onset symptoms of many illnesses emulate Ebola.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

which goes back too,,projectile vommiting and uncontroled shiitting in your pants,

i know its crude but u would have to assume that,,wait for days thing (in order to be sure). is out the window,if patient is projectile vommiting and uncontroled shiitting in your pants

sorry too be crude,, but remember it is medical stuff,,and projectile vommiting and uncontroled shiitting in your pants
is a good place too start,,,
did i mention,,,projectile vommiting and uncontroled shiitting in your pants

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I hope this is on topic. Just a few thoughts…

In the region of outbreak in Africa, when the procedures are working (and thats debatable over there), the search for potential victims from contact with known cases is a difficult matter. Even when found, the "suspect" is guilty until proven innocent. First an examination and blood sample to be cultured are procured. This takes a few days to return a "result". Even then, to be sure, people are quarantined anyway. There is no 100 % guarantee that the culture was done correctly and that the results are sure. What if pronounced clean only to be released into the population with the virus?

The only sure thing with people suspected to have been exposed is to quarantine them for three weeks.

Think about that.

Imagine that sudden interruption in your life. Can you afford to go missing in your life for three whole weeks? What about your job, family, bills?

People are quarantined together, what if you don't have it but then contract it from someone else there in the ward?

Would you volunteer to forsake yourself to spend three weeks with other potential victims who may or may not have it themselves?

If you don't have it and don't get it in quarantine, you are released to go back to your disrupted life. I wonder how many sitting here would submit to that…

…or run from authorities and hide. Thats one reason it is still spreading right now in Africa.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

ohh and if u see,,

projectile vommiting and uncontroled shiitting in your pants

then u can do this,,

P.S ,,projectile vommiting and uncontroled shiitting in your pants applies too all Countries ,,people worldwide.

remember doing this,,

might save u from,,

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

i know its crude but u would have to assume that,,wait for days thing (in order to be sure). is out the window,if patient is projectile vommiting and uncontrolled shiitting in your pants.

Well yah, not sure your point?

Botulism makes you do that, too. Also requires a culture to be taken. Food poisoning is not Ebola.

But you seem adamant of those two symptoms so… (playing along), what color is the "vomit and diarrhea"?

Ebola is hemoraghic (spelling) fever which means (oh yah, fever) that blood is probably present in any excretions.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Lol, thanks for the Humor. Best ending scene in a great movie.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You can be the only person in the Emergency room here and you wind up waiting an hour before a doctor sees you, much of that is spent in the waiting area. Then they come, test you for what they think you might have and send you home with nothing, other than a huge bill. They tell you if it is still bothering you in a couple of days to go see your regular doctor.

I don't even go to a doctor unless it is serious and I can't kick whatever I have. I just went to an outpatient clinic when I cut the tip off my thumb. The doctor did fine treating that kind of injury, he even gave me antibiotics and a tetnus shot. I wish he would have given me the DT instead of the DTAP though, it would have problably been less of a histamine response to the vaccine. I know next time now anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

At least the guy in Germany was good enough to be honest about his exposure,and go to the hospital-I think many would not have done that,and possibly gone on to infect others.

Yep, they do - starting with infecting hospital staff. ....But there MUST be a solution to the problem...?

I wish I knew what the solution was-but if someone who is symptomatic travels to a hospital,they could have contaminated many surfaces/seats/door knobs/toilets/sinks on the way to the hospital.
If they test positive,by that time maybe hundreds of other people have touched those same places,and some of those people could become infected without knowing they were exposed.

That is scary,they go home to their families,and think they may have the flu a few days later.
Sadly,this is a very possible scenario,and I wish I knew the answer but I don't.

Community hospitals have a policy that if anyone is suspected of having an infectious disease, they are treated last, so that they don't contaminate surfaces/rooms after they have been examined.

This takes priority over triage where the most seriously ill patients are supposed to be treated first. Then taking priority over triage is anti-racism policies. There are several stories where people of one ethnic group have taken their children to hospital because they were really ill, only to find themselves kept behind a waiting list of other lower priority (in terms of severity of problem) people of another ethnic group, all to avoid any feeling of discrimination.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

...a man was exposed to Ebola in Sierra Leone, got sick in Germany, went to the ER, told them he had been exposed to Ebola, requested the blood test, and was left in the public waiting room for hours before he was seen by a doctor.

So... it's not just medical personnel in the US who are shrugging off this threat...

I haven't been sick in years (knocking - wood) but a script refill requires a doc office visit. The last time I went for a 'nurse visit,' I sort of expected AT LEAST a thermometer stuck in my mouth. Nope. At checkout, I said to the secretary, "Are you guys concerned about an Ebola patient showing up here? I guess you've had meetings and such about the risk."

She said, "I'm not worried about it. You can only catch it from direct contact with vomit or diarrhea."

"...and sweat," I said. "It's listed on the CDC website as one of the bodily fluids that transmits it."

"Well, you'd have to rub all over them," she laughed.

"It lives outside the body on surfaces for days," said I. "The pen they use to sign in, the door knobs. Plus they could sneeze on anything in the exam room or waiting room."

She said, "I'm not worried about it. It's on another continent. It's not gonna affect us."

***Anybody wanna join me in a collective Face-Palm???***

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
this is part of the reason if ebola does make it to say Britain or the U.S just the waiting in the waiting rooms alone will let this thing spread like wildfire....after that panic sets in....hmmm...

here is to hoping this nasty stays in Africa and gets contained

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
With the warning of Ebola's potential to spread through the southern boarder of the US, it seems to be a not so far off situation in nearby areas. Some hospitals were closed down due to malpractice suits because of events of neglect to the ones that are still open now such as in Southern California with mounting cases. They have had cases where people are ignored, sometimes have passed away due to not being treated.
edit on 1-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Without going into detail I will simply say for my age I have an abnormally lengthy list of moderate to serious medical conditions, one being CAD or (Coronary Artery Disease). I routinely end up in the hospital for a variety of reasons, one being CAD. One thing I will say is that I can walk into an ER waiting room full of 40+ people and the second I tell them I am there with chest pain I am taken directly to an exam or trauma bay. If there are other complaints I address them at the same time, but I am kept under close watch by staff. I am not suggesting you claim to have chest pain just to get to the front of the line, but if you have a genuine fear of Ebola or something equally as bad, this WILL get you seen in a timely manner.

~NWD

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

and people say this thing wont spread in the western world.

we're kidding ourselves if we think our self proclaimed pedestal position over Africa means we're safe!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I think they should be opening health facilities which are prepped in advance to take the Ebola cases only ?

Our media sources should be listing out these facilities to give to people in advance, call here if you suspect you might be sick with or have symptoms of Ebola.

I guess countries who aren't having it yet aren't because it is not there yet don't think about it in this way. Too much time and money spent on something that may or may not happen and they can't risk wasting it.

Will this change only after it reaches an area it has not hit yet and truly suddenly becomes worldwide ? Should there be some time of preparation now ?

leolady

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NewWorldDisorder

...I am not suggesting you claim to have chest pain just to get to the front of the line, but if you have a genuine fear of Ebola or something equally as bad, this WILL get you seen in a timely manner.

Complaining of chest pain will get you evaluated for chest pain - NOT an infectious disease. Bad idea to misrepresent your symptoms - the moment you try to switch gears and introduce something unrelated you will be written off as a hypochondriac. !!!

Nice try tho.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

went to the ER, told them he had been exposed to Ebola, requested the blood test, and was left in the public waiting room for hours before he was seen by a doctor

Emergency room receiving nurses don't believe anything the patient says. Its up to the doctor to determine that.

.....I wonder how many hypochondriacs are clogging the ER with fears of Ebola?

"Have a seat… NEXT!"

Back to the key questions about travel and exposure - and maybe training in interrogation techniques? ....Suspect you're right about those hypochondriacs -Text Red ....

Very True, particularly women have had this problem, being told it's all in their head.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a man was exposed to Ebola in Sierra Leone, got sick in Germany, went to the ER, told them he had been exposed to Ebola, requested the blood test, and was left in the public waiting room for hours before he was seen by a doctor. Helps us understand why West Africans don't trust hospitals. [HINT: It's not just superstition.] ...In a similar vein, a man died in an ER waiting room, in his wheelchair after waiting 34 hours for attention in a Winnipeg Hospital. ....What if he'd had Ebola?

In both scenarios, absolutely nothing is scary unless the others in the waiting room were touching the guy and while he was bleeding, crapping, or vomiting all over the place.

You can't get Ebola by looking at someone, by being in the same room as someone, or being next to someone who died from Ebola.

Again...this is just pure fear mongering...absolutely nothing was done wrong in that situation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join