It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Humour Chides Russia Via Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I did answer your question but since you want clarification - NO the bulk of the Canadian government, nor the US, nor China, nor Russia, nor India, nor S. Africa, are in the pockets of Israel. Israel no more controls the Canadian government than it controls the Russian or Chinese governments.

Not everything is a Zionist sponsored conspiracy. Sine you want to go down this road then please give examples that the Harper government is a reply to: intrepid that the Harper gov't isn't totally in Israel's pocket?

Actually how about we create a separate SS Zionist - 1945 to the present thread to discuss this topic so we can return this one back to the Canadian government posting a very valid and truthful picture of Ukraine and Russia.

Was Canada correct in its pictorial description of Russia and Ukraine?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I agree that not everything is a Zionist conspiracy but saying this gov. isn't in Israel's pocket inaccurate:

www.thestar.com...

That's just one.

And yes, I agree with Canada's stance on Ukraine. They are in talks with Nato. Canada is a Nato country. Thus it has to be supported.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

There is a difference in a country having a foreign policy that supports Israel because of convergent foreign policy and a country that is bought and paid for by Israel. If the latter half is the case, as some think, then Hamas and Hezbollah would be non existent and Syria and Iran would be fighting for their survival.

Since none of that has occurred, it shows that no, certain governments of certain countries are not bought and paid for by Israel.

If we look at the facts and the US, its safe to say for certain is that Obama, and this current US government, is no friend of Israel and has done little to support Israel or protect them at the UN as the US is continually accused of doing.

IF the US administration was bought and paid for we would not see it acting in the manner it is.

Trying to blame Israel for the actions of some governments is problematic because it ignores the fact of convergent foreign policy. Ignoring those facts in an effort to paint a picture of Israel is in fact ignorant.

The US and Russia / China are at odds about almost everything except for terrorism. Does that mean the US government, or the Russian / Chinese governments, are in each other pockets because we work with them in this area? Or is it an area that affects all 3 equally with an end result of those 3 countries having a convergent policy on the terrorism topic?

The west considers Hamas / Hezbollah terrorist organizations, as does Israel. Is the west in the pocket of Israel because of the same policy?

The US, Syria and Iran are conducting airstrikes on ISIS targets. Are we in the pockets of Iran or

Anyways - like I said we can start an SS - 1945 to present thread since this seams to be a permeating issue on this site.

back on topic -

Russia today called for Ukraine to allow the East and South to form independent states, yet went on to state this is an internal issue of Ukraine and must be resolved as such. I am more and more in favor of admitting Ukraine as a NATO country, securing the East and South and then retaking Crimea.

If Russia is not stopped now, the cost to stop them later on will be dramatically more.

While Canada's map is humorous, it represents the mindset of Russia very succinctly - Russia views the former SSR's as Russian territory as opposed to independent nations. Russia viewed all of Eastern Europe as such at one point. I would not want to gamble that a round 2 is not on the horizon and lose.

edit on 31-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I have NO idea where that came from. I said they were in their pocket. Ie: Support them 100%. That's the Harper gov't. I could post dozens of news articles pointing to this. You aren't aware of this? Are you not from here?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I have NO idea where that came from. I said they were in their pocket. Ie: Support them 100%. That's the Harper gov't. I could post dozens of news articles pointing to this. You aren't aware of this? Are you not from here?

I am from the US.
For every article posted a counter article can be posted showing the opposite.

I still believe people come to the conclusion of being bought and paid for because they have issues with Israel, and as such any nation that has a similar view as that of Israel must be "bought and paid for by Israel".

Israel being invoked in this thread proves my point. Israel has nothing to do with what's occurring in Ukraine, nor does it have anything to do with Canada posting the picture they did, yet people make the claims anyways.

If NATO / West / EU don't take a stand against Russia beyond sanctions, then we all are going to have major issues down the road trying to keep Stalin in check while he tries to rebuild the USSR.

Personally speaking if Putin truly believes the crap he spouts about self determination, then US citizens should create a we the people petition to recognize Siberia as an independent nation and offer them US Statehood once they secede from Russia.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I am from the US.

Gotcha. No further explanation required.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I am from the US.

Gotcha. No further explanation required.

Had that comment come from anyone other than a Canadian it might have had an impact.

North America is like a big house party...

Mexico is the basement where the mind altering consumption of drugs occurs, the main floor is the US where the fun occurs and Canada is the upstairs, where mom and dad went to bed at 8pm.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Insults. From an American. Wow. Colour(yes with a "u") me shocked.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

That's not shock... Its the Canadian inferiority complex kicking in.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I can see your lack of knowledge of Canadian culture rivals your lack of politics as well. Do you want to keep this up?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

you started it with that american jab. stick to the op. you should set the example right?

as for canada its just like all other governments. for sale

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I can see your lack of knowledge of Canadian culture rivals your lack of politics as well. Do you want to keep this up?

I tried several times to bring the conversation back on topic, which apparently was something you did not want.

Tell ya what, I will be the bigger person and move back to the topic, if only to serve as an example of how a mod should act.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

untill u can convince me that the Ukraine is part of the North Atlantic,, well as a Canadian,, i believe Nato is and formost North American Defence of the Atlantic,,,

but hey,,

And i mean even the NDP tried too tell everyone that Canada was now selling Arms too Ukraine,, and now Syria,,and we as a Nation have been ordered by the E.U,, too increase or Defence Spending,,

and i thought that 2% of GDP , for Day Care would have been nice,, but im not a Minister.
just a Canadian.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

untill u can convince me that the Ukraine is part of the North Atlantic,, well as a Canadian,, i believe Nato is and formost North American Defence of the Atlantic,,,

How is Turkey? They are about as far from the Atlantic as any member. It is treaty organizations. Pacts so to speak.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Ukraine is not a NATO member and as such are not covered under the NATO charter. They had the option to join NATO some years back and declined.

As for NATO expansion the NATO charter on self defense and an attack on one is an attack on all only applies to North America and Europe. NATO would need to change the charter to encompass ful NATO members outside of N.A or Europe.

I pointed this out in another thread - The NATO organization stated it wont get involved in Ukraine. That does not preclude individual members from being involved on their own outside of a NATO umbrella. It would mean if that nation is attacked NATO would not have to defend them.

The current PM of Ukraine wants a bill put forth once they have a new Parliament to officially pull out of their non aligned status and to petition NATO to join them.

Someone else floated the theory of giving Russian the South and East of Ukraine to force an end and then admit the remainder of Ukraine as a NATO member.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
For those interested in the ins and outs of NATO -

North Atlantic Treaty Organization - Charter and homepage.

NATO-Ukraine relations

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

There is a difference in a country having a foreign policy that supports Israel because of convergent foreign policy and a country that is bought and paid for by Israel.
The Government of Steve is a thinly-veiled theocracy controlled by evangelical Christians. As in the States, their support of Israel is based upon end-times liturgy. The Israelis would be stupid not to cash in on these cultist nut-bar 'useful idiots'. The Israelis are not stupid.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
The Government of Steve is a thinly-veiled theocracy controlled by evangelical Christians. As in the States, their support of Israel is based upon end-times liturgy. The Israelis would be stupid not to cash in on these cultist nut-bar 'useful idiots'. The Israelis are not stupid.

I don't think I would trust a leader that in his task, if all goes well, we are all going to die.
Does a country REALLY want to be governed by a party that believes in an end of times prophecy?

We should run countries 100 years in advance, not like if the end was near.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There is something off about the current Harper government, in particular John Baird, with regards to the current conflicts. i don't know if it is a zionist influence, or the above mentioned bible thumping influence of the grey haired conservative voters in canada. Maybe its just as simple as "follow the money"

All I know is that previous governments here (mostly Liberal) always seemed to take a "two wrongs don't make a right" approach, and we were the counter balance to the "lets blow # up" mentality down south.

Its like a bizzaro world at the moment, with the US government not as chummy with Isreal, and our government taking the stance it has.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome
It certianly is a strange turn.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join