learn more

Canadian Humour Chides Russia Via Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Know Your Geography

Really Russia doesn't get it, the whole world is against them on this one.

Also as the Ukraine is member of the UN, it shows how useless this organisation is, a simply rule should be that any of five permanent members of the Security Council have no veto power if they are the invading force.

Might stop invasions by the US too, not a bad thing.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Speaking as a Canadian, I really, really wish our government would pipe down on the pro Isreal and anti Putin rhetoric. Stay out of geo political events that do not involve us.

I miss the old days when Canada was considered a mediating, peackeeping nation.

All this does is make us look like a yappy poodle with nothing to back it up.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Know Your Geography

Really Russia doesn't get it, the whole world is against them on this one.

This is not true.

Western media seems to make a lot of people think so tho.

MM

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

I am not surprised, for many Americans/Canadians the world consists of only them + France, Germany, Italy, UK and maybe Spain...

OP, would you be shocked if i told you that the only ones that are opposing Russia are US,Canada, EU and just a few more countries...Whole world, yea right!

Rest, the wast majority of countries just don't give a damn fighting someone else's battle.
edit on 749k2014Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I am not surprised, for many Americans/Canadians the world consists of only them + France, Germany, Italy, UK and maybe Spain...

OP, would you be shocked if i told you that the only ones that are opposing Russia are US,Canada, EU and just a few more countries...Whole world, yea right!

Rest, the wast majority of countries just don't give a damn fighting someone else's battle.

don't forget citizens of these countries are completely against the fact their governments have been supporting the rebel government in Kiev.
edit on 31-8-2014 by generik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

the wast majority of countries just don't give a damn fighting someone else's battle.

Maybe just European world then with Nato countries, your right though, why would a country in South America care, they don't.

And maybe it's also designed to keep Ukrainian Canadians happy
Ukrainian Canadians

A snippet

Canada has the world's third-largest Ukrainian population behind Ukraine itself and Russia.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome
Speaking as a Canadian, I really, really wish our government would pipe down on the pro Isreal and anti Putin rhetoric. Stay out of geo political events that do not involve us.

I miss the old days when Canada was considered a mediating, peackeeping nation.

All this does is make us look like a yappy poodle with nothing to back it up.

Yeah, PiPE DOWN you hoser. Take Off eh?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

the wast majority of countries just don't give a damn fighting someone else's battle.

Maybe just European world then with Nato countries, your right though, why would a country in South America care, they don't.

And maybe it's also designed to keep Ukrainian Canadians happy
Ukrainian Canadians

A snippet

Canada has the world's third-largest Ukrainian population behind Ukraine itself and Russia.

It is totally to appease Canadian-Ukrainians. Harper wants to keep his job, thus he panders to votes. Also, its because his strings are attached to the same strings as all the other puppets in NATO. Personally I can't wait to fire the a$$hole.

You'd also have to be pretty gullible, or lazy, to believe anything the mainstream media is saying about Ukraine and Russia. Lies and propaganda.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome
Yes it sure does..Harper anyway, he thinks he is more important than he really is on the world stage, he really envisions himself as a major player, American style which goes against much of what true Canadians believe.
And for sure he is pandering for future votes via the large Ukrainian population in Canada.

edit on 31-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Really?

www.veterans.gc.ca...

I guess those 125 Canadians that died in the Balkans when Yugoslavia went to hell back in the 90's were just lost as well, right?

As to supporting Ukraine, Canada has a Nato obligation to back them.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Really Nicoli, are you more than just a constant "voice of Russia" om here or just workin for the man?
Every post is dripping with some sort of undercurrent of bitterness in my estimation....Do you want to join Mother Russia?Why not emigrate?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Well, I am just a no one who experienced the western democracy on it's own skin and is able to see trough double-standards from the west, and is trying to show people here on ATS just what they are not being told by their unbiased independent MSM. In this case, about a general picture about Russia. Because I've actually been to Russia and USSR way back, so I can speak from my own experience.

Sorry if my posts annoys you, it is hardly my intention, but trust me it annoys me too when i have to repeat myself multiple times, but i just stand for what i believe in is right and the truth.

But that is off-topic.

@intrepid

What that has to do with what I said? I just said that an ordinary American/Canadian probably doesn't know how many countries out there. Were I wrong?
edit on 723k2014Sundaypm014 by Nikola014 because: my inglish sucks

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
@intrepid

What that has to do with what I said? I just said that an ordinary American/Canadian probably doesn't know how many countries out there. Were I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. Canadians have a very good understanding of the world. We should. We've sent our peacekeepers to a helluva lot of it. Including your area. The 125 that died there aren't the only casualties. A good friends brother killed himself after returning from there. Those don't register on the body count though. So, yeah, please. A little respect.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Maybe someone should make a map about what isn't the USA.

Russia might be involved in regional problems but the USA is creating worldwide problems.

Ever since Harper is up there, Canada's been the USA and Zionists lap dog. It makes me want to puke.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Way to make an uninformed blanket statement...Kudos to you.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

and you are wrong -
Source

Countries who voted against the resolution condemning Russia for invading Ukraine -

The 11 that voted against the resolution were Armenia, Belarus, Bolivia, Cuba, North Korea, Nicaragua, Russia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe.

Countries who voted for the resolution condemning Russia over Ukraine-

The statement said the UN resolution -- which passed by a vote of 100 to 11

Countries who abstained -

with 58 abstentions

I was not aware 11 countries made up the entire world. Before someone invokes BRICS you should notice that they either supported the resolution or abstained from taking part.

UN Passes Resolution Calling Crimean Referendum Invalid

Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan abstained

Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan did not vote.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Zionists lap dog.

It makes me want to puke.

The theme is deny ignorance, not champion it.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Zionists lap dog.

Are you saying that the Harper gov't isn't totally in Israel's pocket?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Zionists lap dog.

Did I say that? Or is this another one of those "only see what you want to see" issues? Not everything occurring in Canada, the US, or anywhere else on this planet is a conspiracy created by "Zionists".

Blaming Israel / linking Israel into everything, like some other ignorant individuals attempted to do by trying to argue the events in Ukraine were the result of a "Zionist" plot, gets old.

People make the claim yet almost always never support the claim with actual, you know, evidence.

Israel has extensive dealings with Russia and China, so by the logic suggested in this thread Russia and Chinese governments are in Israels pockets.

Finally, please explain to me and the thread what Israel has to do with the topic? I find it problematic that Israel was invoked into this thread and instead of trying to keep the thread on topic, you have an issue with my comments on the Israeli comment.

Question - Why is it that comments attacking Israel are considered on topic even when the topic itself has nothing to do with Israel? A suggestion so we can get this back on topic -

Maybe the site should create an anti Israel thread for people to post their SS conspiracies in.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Zionists lap dog.

Did I say that? Or is this another one of those "only see what you want to see" issues? Not everything occurring in Canada, the US, or anywhere else on this planet is a conspiracy created by "Zionists".

Blaming Israel / linking Israel into everything, like some other ignorant individuals attempted to do by trying to argue the events in Ukraine were the result of a "Zionist" plot, gets old.

People make the claim yet almost always never support the claim with actual, you know, evidence.

Israel has extensive dealings with Russia and China, so by the logic suggested in this thread Russia and Chinese governments are in Israels pockets.

Finally, please explain to me and the thread what Israel has to do with the topic? I find it problematic that Israel was invoked into this thread and instead of trying to keep the thread on topic, you have an issue with my comments on the Israeli comment.

Question - Why is it that comments attacking Israel are considered on topic even when the topic itself has nothing to do with Israel?

You didn't answer my question:

"Are you saying that the Harper gov't isn't totally in Israel's pocket?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join