It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quenko/ZoneX ANDEAN HYPER SURREALISM in Solid Stone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If Salvador Dali and Antoni Gaudi met, planned and built a small homestead this is what it would look like an utterly mind boggling smorgasbord of surreal creativity in stone. I’ve never been able to fathom out why these structures were built in such an interesting fashion. Not only is the appearance of this stone work bizarre but what on what on Earth was it’s function? Because to my modern western mind it seems totally pointless! How and why did they do this?

Welcome to Wonderland, welcome to Quenko, Zone X. Please step this way ….

s21.postimg.org...

s16.postimg.org...

s12.postimg.org...

s22.postimg.org...

s29.postimg.org...

s18.postimg.org...

s2.postimg.org...

s7.postimg.org...

s27.postimg.org...

What is this? It's around 3m by 1.5m and is built on a ledge??? -

s29.postimg.org...

s29.postimg.org...

This is very odd too –

s16.postimg.org...

s17.postimg.org...

Strange marks –

s22.postimg.org...

Surreal –

s2.postimg.org...

s27.postimg.org...

s17.postimg.org...

s24.postimg.org...

s23.postimg.org...

s16.postimg.org...

Well there it is, high up in the South American Andes just waiting to be explained.

What do you think is going on here?

edit on 31-8-2014 by JamesTB because: Fix Links

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
They're just rocks!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

It's definitely a beautiful place.

I am not qualified to say what it is or isn't, but would like to know what you think it is, and what it was used for.

BTW - I can't get these links to work...

s29.postimg.org...

What is this? It's around 3m by 1.5m and is built on a ledge??? -

s29.postimg.org...

s29.postimg.org...

edit on 8/31/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Thread after thread you reject any explanation that doesn't begin at 'Wow' and end in 'ancient astronauts' or 'Dunno.'

Let's cut a long story short and say, yeah wow, there are some nice-looking stone carvings and there's just no way any primitive human could ever have carved them. It was probably a lost race using power tools or the frequencies of crystals carved to resemble skulls. The rocks could have been levitated by this earlier race who were more in touch with their psyches and used that other 90% of the brain that humans never do. Maybe they used technology or maybe it was power of the mind? Dunno.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Sounds legit....

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Thread after thread you reject any explanation that doesn't begin at 'Wow' and end in 'ancient astronauts' or 'Dunno.'
Let's cut a long story short and say, yeah wow, there are some nice-looking stone carvings and there's just no way any primitive human could ever have carved them. It was probably a lost race using power tools or the frequencies of crystals carved to resemble skulls. The rocks could have been levitated by this earlier race who were more in touch with their psyches and used that other 90% of the brain that humans never do. Maybe they used technology or maybe it was power of the mind? Dunno.

I'm not getting into this because that's a baseless accusation and as a moderator you should know better than to go around accusing members of things they haven't done/said. I don't expect to come under attack from a moderator on a forum for posting threads which conform and sit within the forum topics.

Now can you please leave your prejudices behind and let the rest of us get back to the topic of this thread?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
interesting the stairs to no where, some look like a quarry

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The first one is Darth Vader looking at admiral Akbar, then there's the millennium falcon, built in 1977.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

To be fair, it was said in affectionate jest

To be accurate, I haven't yet seen you accept an explanation for your sites of interest. I've seen you reject a few out-of-hand and that's okay too.

I was going to remind you of the local quarry and how the stone in the images appears to be soft sandstone and sedimentary rock - easily carved etc. The thought crossed my mind to maybe post something academic about the history but it'd involve spending time on Google Scholar and cross-referencing to archaeology&anthropology websites.

Let's be honest? You much prefer the wonder of these sites to any knowledge about them. Nothing wrong with that...it's cool. It means that members who do know about these sites have apparently opted to share what they know in other threads. That's cool too. It means we can appreciate these sites as visual wonders without any of the clutter of facts.

...and no, I'm not writing this as a moderator. It's just an observation from a fellow member and I enjoy looking at the photos you post. So yeah, let's get back to the topic of this thread.

Wow.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

To be fair, it was said in affectionate jest

To be accurate, I haven't yet seen you accept an explanation for your sites of interest. I've seen you reject a few out-of-hand and that's okay too.

I was going to remind you of the local quarry and how the stone in the images appears to be soft sandstone and sedimentary rock - easily carved etc. The thought crossed my mind to maybe post something academic about the history but it'd involve spending time on Google Scholar and cross-referencing to archaeology&anthropology websites.

Let's be honest? You much prefer the wonder of these sites to any knowledge about them. Nothing wrong with that...it's cool. It means that members who do know about these sites have apparently opted to share what they know in other threads. That's cool too. It means we can appreciate these sites as visual wonders without any of the clutter of facts.

...and no, I'm not writing this as a moderator. It's just an observation from a fellow member and I enjoy looking at the photos you post. So yeah, let's get back to the topic of this thread.

Wow.

Thank you, appreciated.

I don't have the answers but I don't accept the conventional theories either. I think there's something missing here a technique, a tool I don't know what but I present the information in the hope that someone will spot something I haven't seen myself. It's really that simple.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The Andes are full of mystery, some of those look like they are toppled and broken like the debris of a massive explosion or something, puzzling indeed...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
But were these places always 'HIGH'? Or were they brought up high during Noahs Flood?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

Thank you, appreciated.

I don't have the answers but I don't accept the conventional theories either. I think there's something missing here a technique, a tool I don't know what but I present the information in the hope that someone will spot something I haven't seen myself. It's really that simple.

So, just to clear, when people go to the effort to explain what you're seeing and provide research based evidence you reject it because you don't understand how to cut, carve, and sculpt in stone? Every time you post you're waiting for someone to say it was done by aliens or some ancient and lost civilization with mysteriously lost super technology. You don't want a real answer, you don't want explanations or actual science and research. You want somebody to drink deeply of the cool-aid, put on their neatly folded foil hat, and tell you about how Robert E. Howard was secretly right and it was all done by the Stygians and magic crystal powered aliens. Bet you don't believe we evolved naturally, either. Do ya?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sidhedarkness

Thank you, appreciated.

So, just to clear, when people go to the effort to explain what you're seeing and provide research based evidence you reject it because you don't understand how to cut, carve, and sculpt in stone? Every time you post you're waiting for someone to say it was done by aliens or some ancient and lost civilization with mysteriously lost super technology. You don't want a real answer, you don't want explanations or actual science and research. You want somebody to drink deeply of the cool-aid, put on their neatly folded foil hat, and tell you about how Robert E. Howard was secretly right and it was all done by the Stygians and magic crystal powered aliens. Bet you don't believe we evolved naturally, either. Do ya?

Lol...i think it is you who have been drinking the 'gullible aid' all the megalithic structures globally, were built by none other than the Annunaki (known under many names worldwide) these are the folks responsible for the UFO phenomenon and indeed in control of the planet covertly, as opposed to overtly at the time of say, the great pyramid's construction...ah, by the way, i didn't evolve from an ape..maybe you did lol..

This link sums up the matter at hand..get comfortable it's a relatively long read..a must read if you haven't (it includes who constructed the pyramids a way in)

wespenre.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sidhedarkness

Thank you, appreciated.

Do you mean Ron L. Hubbard and his Alien stuff?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ok,you didnt mean Hubbard.

I had not read any of Howards work,I had heard of Weird Tales before within the conspiracy communitty but in relation to LoveCraft but had not noted Howard.

I skimmed some of Howards work and it is immediatly obvious that he was a Pioneer Truther who put facts ,possibly unknowingly,into his works of fiction as some still try to do today,however judging by what I can see Howard and LoveCraft and others were operating in a time of evolution for the publishing industry an important arm of TPTB or the Global Cabal.

Had there been to forward growth and evolution of the Publishing and prinitng industrys as TPTB got greedy on the income sources,Truthers like Robert E. Howard either on their own or as informal conduits of others began to bring their truths forward becuse they found a crack in TPTBs armor caused by their greed and sloth.

This exact same Dynamic is happening today with the Internet ,which is only now being slowly slowly tamed and harnessed by TPTB, in 10 more years they will have as much control over the People as they had with historiclly traditional publishing.

After a quick skim I can already see some interesting stuff an inquiring mind would notice right off the bat,I do believe this could be quite interesting,Google is so cool.

LoveCraft seems to me to be the Main Man and possibly could have been seeding Howards creative mind and infiltrating his work in key developmenel areas and at key times in his career,Howard had a readership base which had a fiscal valuation much like a popular Blogger would today and he drew the attention of someone Craftier,ha ha ha, than he was who used him as a fertile cerebral incubator and as a communication conduit.Someone profiled Robert E. Howard and it appears his life was controlled by TPTB via the Publishing Industry,he was consumed by The Cabals Machine,but his legacy remains.

To a man of Integrity driven Intentions, bursting with Uber-Imagination and Energy, with a true sense of Family Loyalty and a Grounded Tangible reality Driven Perspective.....I Salute you Sir.

"Sola victus invicta" "in perpetuum fratres.

edit on 1-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

Your link is blocked where I work (our web filter is really... random) is there another place you can provide that info, or maybe paraphrase for me?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Yeah, Lovecraft and Howard were pretty good friends. You can see several references to Lovecrafts works in the Conan series. Lovecraft also made a few references to Conan. Both are pretty occult and really arcane, but if you're familiar enough with their bodies of works you can pick them out. It's like a hidden picture game. With monsters. And barbarians.

I am largely dismissive of theories that there is some great, lost civilization that built everything we see, however the idea of a time when we were more advanced (not as advanced as today, but at least as much so as perhaps the early iron age) doesn't seem to be impossible. It is hardly out of the question to be knocked back to the stone age.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the Inca made their own stuff and there is no reason to think they didn't. I'm just sezzin, yeah, I can see some grains of potential truth in the idea of a hyborean age. Kinda.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My hat's off to you OP for having the patience to put up with all the stuff that the old generations keep posting about the pics you post. I would personally get tired of it and let nature take its course.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You really need to brush up on your Dali and Gaudi. Your hyperbole is astounding.

ETA: has it never occurred to you that these are practice pieces and masons may have been trained here?

Probably not.

edit on 6-9-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join