It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
His mind starts to reel, with too much information, not enough information, too many random thoughts, nothing coherent. He cannot continue like this. When he walked out the door for the last time, the most recent last time, that last time of all the last time's ever, maybe, he thought of nothing else but, well just odd thoughts!

"Would Randolf marry Amelia, or Steve? Why are oranges not red? Why do I go on these walks at the latest hours of the night. Is it late night? Or is it early morning? What's the difference? Why does the moon look so strange tonight? With the pale yellow of a very dim sunrise instead of it's usual white/grey glow? Why do I feel so strange? Why am I walking down this godforsaken road? Where am I going to end up this time? Who will I run across? Who will be hurt more, them or Me? Why did I carry this pistol this time knowing I will not use it. On
myself, or someone else. It seems a waste to even own it, knowing I become so useless, when the need is right for it, to even pull the trigger."

His hands are swollen. Larger than even a few minutes ago. Too large for his fingers to fit into the trigger guard. His shoes are too tight now, off they will go. He kicks them into the weeds along side of the road. They are not needed anymore.

Far down the road he sees someone walking towards him. He feels elated!
"Maybe this is the one who can help me!?"

Now his arms have grown several inches longer tearing the jacket he wears. He tears it off and it goes into the weeds as well.

He has risen almost two feet taller than he was when he left his run down shack. His back swells with muscular growth. His mouth grows out from his face forming a long muzzle filled with large canines!
He hates that his life has become this. A WereWolf!

He reaches his fur covered arms out and up to the night sky and emits a loud snarling shrieking Howl!!!!

The person down the road stops in their tracks! The Crack of a Rifle is heard from the distance. Pain seers through the chest of the gargantuan who only wants to be normal.

Down he falls and strikes the dirt road full force. He knows no ordinary bullet will end his life. That is why he packed the pistol this time. Somehow he knew it would finally earn it's keep. The Silver Bullets in it are the only salvation to his tormented life. He thinks he may be finally be able to move on.....

The man nears and sees the outstreched arm of the beast in front of him. In it's flat palm is a pistol with the moon light shimmering on its chrome.

The beast looks at him and the man can see a tear coming from one eye. He reaches down for the pistol, takes it into his hand, and aims at the head of the beast.

The WereWolf points to his heart with a shaking finger, and looks at the man while more tears stream down his face.

Understanding the meaning, the hunter aims at the chest of the beast. Pulling the trigger unleashes a blast so loud his ears ring!!

Rolling back from the impact in it's chest, the beast comes to a final stop on the edge of the road.

The bewildered hunter watches in wonder as the beast slowly returns to the shape of a human man.

It is his Brother! He has not seen him for years and thought him dead a long time ago!

Dropping to his knees besides his dead brother, the hunter begins to wail. Loudly he cries into the night air. He is so confused, and shaken to his core......

An hour later the hunter can be seen walking down the road with his brother over his shoulder. He walks to his cabin and lays the pistol on the mantle above the stone fireplace.

After placing his brother into a shallow grave behind his cabin, the hunter walks to the front, and sits down on the porch.

He lights a camel and takes a deep draw.
"Dammit! I knew he would never need or use that pistol. Had I known he was the Beast of Walken County, I never would have given it to him so long ago......"
edit on 31-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Very nice!! I like the twist at the end.
S&F for sharing!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanx Kanga! I'm Glad Ya liked it!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Wow! Very good my dear Syx!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Love the surprise at the end! Always enjoy reading your stories, they're fun and full of fantasy. Perfect escape from real life

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

It is his Brother! He has not seen him for years and thought him dead a long time ago!

Thought I had it all figured out till you messed with my mind and brought his brother into the mix. Good show SyxPak. Enjoyed the story.
seede

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I love this! Good work. I would have loved more dialogue, although with this story it would be hard to do.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Good work Syx! You get better every time you write.

Practice makes perfect, or so they say. Just don't go getting carpel tunnel syndrome.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You Night!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Jenny Thanx for taking the Walk from Reality with me!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Thank You Seede! I'm glad the twist had it's intended effect!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

Thank You Mentor! I did try to keep it short and sweet. I felt that adding any more dialogue would have taken it off the path, or the road as it were!
Glad You liked it!
edit on 5-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Thanx TDawg! I appreciate the compliment!
And Yah, like I need Carpel to add to my list of Ails, eh? LOL!!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nice story!

I'm not keen on the brothers dialogue at the end though, personally I think it would have worked better if when the werewolf died, you could have made the switch from first person narrative to third person.

That's my criticism for this piece. Apart from that it was an interesting short story.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Thanx for that Daz! I do appreciate the helping critique!
It does help Me in My journey to becoming a better writer and Story Teller!

Thanx Man! Syx.

new topics

top topics

join