It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Sense of ISIS in MEXICO.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cosmocow

Yeah, pretty much true, except in this case the last thing the government wants to do is lock down the border.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mrnotobc

Right. It wouldn't be about closing the border. It would be about 'securing' the zone to 'protect' US and Mexican citizens.

Effectively, we would be pushing the border south, even though that's not how we would likely explain it.

edit on 2-9-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: mrnotobc

Right. It wouldn't be about closing the border. It would be about 'securing' the zone to 'protect' US and Mexican citizens.

Effectively, we would be pushing the border south, even though that's not how we would likely explain it.

It the only option left.

The main problem is the Mexican Constiution. Foreigners can't buy land.

It kills investment. Northern Mexico would be developed by now.

We need a realistic Border. The one we have is not working.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting reading... I find it somewhat difficult to accept though. If the goal is military occupation of the area to exploit the shale reserves, that seems like a very long circuitous route to take. We have a president with a ball point loaded in a quick-draw holster and imminent domain. In truth, the government could take the land now, with or without the consent of the people, and that would be it. Taking control of the land south of the border would be an act of war. I don't think we will do that any time soon, even for a shot at crippling the OPEC economy.

Of course, taking land from Texas may be more difficult that just signing the imminent domain docket. Texas is the only state with the right to secede from the U.S. without resistance from the government if they so desire. Try to take the southern half of Texas and I am pretty sure they will have something to say about it...

As for the cartels, ISIS and Al Qaeda working together - the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The deposit isn't in Texas.

And a lot of this theory depends upon how strong a Russian connection exists in Mexico.

As my posts indicate, much more than I think most people realize.

I certainly didn't know the Russians were in Mexico in the way I've documented until this thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I was under the impression there was quite a large shale deposit in southern Texas as well.

I had heard bits and pieces about Russians in Mexico but not to the extent you indicated. That makes we wonder something though. Why so readily accept the Russians co-existing with the cartels but not ISIS or alqaeda? If the Russians do have a significant presence in Mexico either they are co-existing peacefully or I think we would likely have heard about some significant skirmishes between the two. Or have there been such skirmishes and I just missed it? I admit my knowledge on the subject is limited but I would think at some point, with tensions between the US and Russia as they are now, we would have heard something about Russians involved in any kind of battle so close to US soil. Even if it wasn't Russian military, Russians in armed conflict so close to the border would surely get some attention.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Less worried about the loonies across the border than the ones that are already here.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Anyone who wants to know the true role oil and gas play in world politics needs to read this brilliant book
The New Great Game by Lutz Klevemann

Changed everything I thought I knew about conspiracies. The world of energy is more corrupt than imaginable, and countries support terrorism and organised crime to undermine their regional rivals...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just came across this video:

This guy says Russian troops are in Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico, conducting patrols, checkpoints and roadblocks.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I dont see ISIS and the Cartels ever teaming up. Especially the Zeta's. Its no secret that the Zeta's have the backing of the CIA and factions within the US Government. Them backing ISIS is bad business and they know it.

If anything, ISIS would be the ones being beheaded for a change if they stepped up to the Cartels.

And another thing..........

I cant really think of anything in the South that would be special enough for a group like ISIS to hit to make a statement. They couldnt send enough ground troops through the border to make much of an impact if toe to toe Warfare is what they are after, especially in the South where damn near every family and household carries firearms and has large weapon caches. If they wanted to attack on foot, they'd be a lot smarter to do it up North than in the South. Otherwise, trying to invade the South for them would be like us back during the Vietnam War. Its just not practical.

This is why im not buying this Southern Border crap totally. Trying to invade on foot in a state like Texas would be 100% pure suicide for someone. Sure, they'd cause damage, but surely they know that there is a firearm behind every blade of grass here. It wouldnt be easy for them at all. It would be next to impossible. People wouldnt just roll over and die in front of them like they do in those Goat Villages over there where they are from. They'd fight them back with deadly force. In other words, ISIS would be dealing with massive Gorilla Warfare on a level thats not been seen since Nam.

So yeah, im not buying the Southern Border stuff. Unless they are using the Southern Border and then congregating up North and Northeast where targets are more viable for them where making a statement is concerned. All they could blow up in the South are Moonshine Stills and Football Fields. Not exactly sexy targets. Hell, even out West there are not either.
edit on 5-9-2014 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Loam : I have been re-reading the Law of One - from Ra - the humble messengers - and have gotten through the first 15 or so sessions.

Something perked my eye this time - Ra was talking about how there's underwater weapons bases etc... but apparently - according to Ra - there's an underground base in Mexico. Whether it's true or not - who knows. I mean - it IS the USA government which likes to say one thing but do something clandestine anyways (NSA's happy fun time dragnet is something that is foremost in mein heid!)

Sharing this because hey - this is ATS, we has the tin foil, and I find Ra's stuff compelling (in regards to the Law of One)

Law of One - Re: Mexico/US

8.24 ↥ Questioner: Where are these craft constructed?
Ra: These craft are constructed one by one in two locations: in the desert or arid regions of your so-called New Mexico and in the desert or arid regions of your so-called Mexico, both installations being under the ground.

8.25 ↥ Questioner: Am I to believe that the United States actually has a manufacturing plant in Mexico?
Ra: I am Ra. I spoke thusly. May I, at this time, reiterate that this type of information is very shallow and of no particular consequence compared to the study of the Law of One. However, we carefully watch these developments in hopes that your peoples are able to be harvested in peace.

8.29 ↥ Questioner: Why do we have a plant in Mexico?
Ra: I am Ra. The necessity is both for dryness of the ground and for a near total lack of population. Therefore, your so-called government and the so-called government of your neighboring geographical vicinity arranged for an underground installation. The government officials who agreed did not know the use to which their land would be put, but thought it a governmental research installation for use in what you would call bacteriological warfare.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vrill
I dont see ISIS and the Cartels ever teaming up. Especially the Zeta's. Its no secret that the Zeta's have the backing of the CIA and factions within the US Government. Them backing ISIS is bad business and they know it.

OR .... the C|A is behind both |S|S & the cartels.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Seems like it's getting a common thing to mistake Mexicans for ISIS members these days :

12 killed, 10 injured in tourist convoy as Egyptian forces ‘hunting ISIS’ shoot Mexicans by mistake

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join