It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California cop is accused of donning a mask and beating woman with a baseball bat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And the hits just keep on coming. A Walnut Creek, California cop is accused of donning a mask and beating a woman with a baseball bat.

The 53 year old cop who has been with the department for 30 years, has been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and felony vandalism.

He was found sitting in his car near the scene, with a mask on his floorboard, and a baseball bat in his trunk.

30 years a cop and this guy is putting on a mask and beating up women in the middle of the night with a baseball bat.

How the hell does a psychopath like that slip through the cracks for 30 freaking years in a police department?

The ineptness of the police departments and the people who run them is beyond ludicrous.

A man who’d been in charge of upholding the law for three decades is now accused of breaking it. Richmond police arrested an off-duty Walnut Creek Police Officer for allegedly donning a mask and beating a woman with a baseball bat on August 16. The attack happened around 2 a.m., in a residential neighborhood on Clinton and San Pablo avenues in Richmond.

53-year-old Gregory Thompson has been with the Walnut Creek Police Department for 30 years. He was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and felony vandalism after the attack

link

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The LEOs didn't need this right now. The judge certainly isn't going to be kind to this man.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm a little surprised that police work for 30 years. The military has retirement after 20, and the stresses on a cop would be daily, I suspect. It sounds as though his work pushed him beyond what he could take.

A psychopath for 30 years? Odds against that are pretty long.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
I'm a little surprised that police work for 30 years. The military has retirement after 20, and the stresses on a cop would be daily, I suspect. It sounds as though his work pushed him beyond what he could take.

I think the odds are better that he has done this type of thing a lot of times before this.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
He is paid well.

Greg Thompson

But I would like to see a picture to study his eyes.

The mania is always apparent in the eyes.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I think the odds are better that he has done this type of thing a lot of times before this.

What could possibly make you think that?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

What could possibly make you think that?

Call it a hunch.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

if I understand you, then, you believe it is more likely that he has done this lots of times before, but has managed to never get caught and after 30 years of practice he basically gives himself in with no effort to hide evidence?

I'm sorry, that's not believable.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Dear xuenchen,

You're absolutely right that he's paid well, but money doesn't fix all problems, especially a mania, some form of PTSD, or other mental health problems.

Their are some jobs I would never do, regardless of the pay.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

if I understand you, then, you believe it is more likely that he has done this lots of times before, but has managed to never get caught and after 30 years of practice he basically gives himself in with no effort to hide evidence?

I don't think this being the only time is believable. How do you know he did not try to hide evidence? Maybe he did not expect to get searched because he was a cop. The bat was in his trunk and the mas on his floorboard , probably under the seat.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Greetings- I'd like to preface this statement by mentioning that I'm a medically retired cop that retired from a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic community near the cities mentioned. I got into police work after watching the LAPD beat up Mr. King w/a "L.A. Flush- 4 clubs and a King" Instead of continuing to sit on My couch w/My 'chode' I thought the best way to cure this was to try and change it from 'inside' (isn't that where ALL the answers are??...) Then You know what I saw?
The best people at their worst, and the worst people at their best.. It was the best show on Mother Earth and I had a front row seat. Now "some" in Law Enforcement got beat up in High School and when they pin on the badge they are going to get even.. When something like this happens, it makes those that are trying to do the job for the right reasons, cringe and this makes a difficult job even more difficult.

Now I worked in Ca. and still have friends that are still "on the job" and in Dep't. throughout the U.S. and although they have ZERO to do with Ferguson, they now have to deal with the manure...

I also saw a BIG waste of taxpayer $$$ in fact the City where I once worked declared bankruptcy, so even though I broke My back/neck during a search warrant in the BIGGEST FRAUD "War on drugs" and HAD to retire on a "medical" guess who gets to pay $1207/month for the Health Insurance? Where the Urban Male (black; other) was sentenced to PRISON and the sub-Urban Male (white) was sentenced to PROBATION for using the same drug (coc aine) Were "they" mad because the Urban Male made more $$$ at their game, a game 'they' created? Or was this done to keep the prisons FULL to keep the gravy train"cottage industry" $3B /yr. profit machine that is produced by "prison industries"?? (This is slavery)

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't related to the debacle from the Contra County Sheriffs Dep't. where the "Brass" was $elling dope...

Also if this turd worked 30 years He was eligible to retire at age 50 at 3% of His HIGHEST year. A Walnut Creek cop can make $100k/yr. (I made $110k and I've been retired 10 years ) I'd wager He has at least 1 alimony and can't pay His bills. The old saying, which this 'turd' should know is this: "Don't let any or ALL of the 3 Bees get You. Booze, Broads or Bills. I'd opine He has at least one 'sting of a Bee' and most likely ALL 3. "Many" cops enjoy getting "toys" these can be a BIG 4WD (small pecker type guy) or numerous guns as many are Gun Nu.... Gun Enthusiast

Re: the comment that this 'turd' has done this before: "Nobody gets caught the first time" this after dealing with 100's of prostitutes, burglars, rapists, murderers.

namaste

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
He may be a compulsive gambler or drug addict.

Or, there might be a jealous love triangle involved.

Perhaps we need to scrutinize the victim.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

i believe it is unlikely the first time he has done something like this.....chances are he was getting sloppy as he had already gotten away with it a bunch of times

law enforcement are just people too and can sway down the wrong path and end up in # creek without a paddle

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

This isnt the first time he did this, this is the first time he got caught.

They should make an example out of him. 30 years to life... yah right. More like paid vacation, a slap on the wrist then back to collecting tax payer money in order to terrorize more tax payers...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Predatory behavior is compulsive. It's absurd to even speculate whether he's done it before or not.

Of course he has. People don't just wake up crazy and start premeditating assault with sports equipment because they're stressed out. They just don't.

The fact that he's a cop actually makes it more likely for him to have gotten away with it previously. The Blue Line protects all behind it. In fact, the more we hear about things like this, the more credibility there is for the argument that LE agencies are hiring aggressive sociopaths on purpose, and have been for some time.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'd like to thanks to the recent posters. You've made a good argument and I'll have to change my thinking. I think it's going too far to say we know what happened, but you've persuaded me that a pattern of behavior could easily be behind this.

Thank you, and good work.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

But after 30 years being so arrogant as to sit in his car and proclaim he is the law when approached, after having just beaten someone with a bat, and this being the first time ever, is more likely?

*THAT* is not believable. this guy has been doing things and getting away with it, without a doubt.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He may be a compulsive gambler or drug addict.

Or, there might be a jealous love triangle involved.

Perhaps we need to scrutinize the victim.

The lady wandered into the area after her car ran out of gas, and they had never met before. But yes, lets intoerrogate her because she might be the guilty one!!

Too bad she wasn't raped. Then we could really accuse her of things.

@@

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

But.

Are we 100% sure of her "story"?

Was She the only "witness"?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Wonder how was he caught. Was he just sitting in a mentally ill haze or was he driving, stopped and searched? My guess would be stopped and a cop saw the mask on the floor and so he knew, but i guess there's always a slim chance the "i'm a cop" didn't stop the other cops from doing their jobs.

Any reason why? I mean. Is it a hobby or targeted one off thing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join