It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid comes out of the closet, family reverts to acting like animals.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuestioningAuthority
a reply to: intrepid

lol, good luck with that

Who needs luck when you have love?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

lol

At 6ft.2" and well over 100kgs, a well-built gay man is the least of my worries, but thanks for the concern

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: QuestioningAuthority

Any god who asks you to sacrifice your pleasure for his sense of moral superiority is not a being worthy of human devotion.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

No one even tried to make you stop thinking or saying anything. Stop.

I did not judge you. I dont know you. I am getting to know you. I am also starting to judge you. You will not even know my judgments. I will never know Gods judgments of you.

And thats the point....isnt it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

He didnt actually say that did he. God hasnt actually uttered a single word since genesis unless you consider the burning bush....though some translations say it was an angel or spirit of God. That is another point. God hasnt said anything non important beyond the words spoken to make everything.

All scripture is outright admitted to be INSPIRED by God. It does not say THIS is what God said. The prophets (who speak for God) SAY those things.

Most dont get that or are even allowed to consider this by the "owners" of their particular religion.

You have to have GENUINE spirituality to get that golden ticket. There is no easy "heaven for dummies" book, though most say the bible is one.

edit on 8 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have no belief in god nor do I believe in people being judged for what feels normal to them.
If that means a homosexual\lesbian\straight relationship then I say great.
The world is a pretty horrible place in a lot of ways and if two people can find love then gain some small measure of peace then I say more power to them and enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

PSA..... be careful.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I think it was to Job whom god last spoke but your point is still valid

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well, some creatures have a single holy vision in their entire existence and suddenly they are awe struck. Whatever follows in their lifetime, they are convinced is righteous and comes from "him" because how could he reveal himself to them if they weren't elected to be his oracle? Every little impulse they have they puzzle over trying to decipher if it is "his will" or not. Whatever. Just live your life. If god is out there and he is an ally of ours, the relationship should be mutually beneficial and unfold naturally. Under any other circumstances, it is just a big waste of your time, resources and authority.

And if god wants to consume me in hellfire, then let him. I've suffered agonies unimaginable to most people, and I'd go through 1000 times what I've already been through if it is the only way I get to preserve my own unadulterated free will. Right and wrong should be my own decision based upon my own evolution and experience, not the dictates of some petty tyrant.

I can tell you this much: If god exists and he tortures people, then I am morally superior to him and the universe as I understand will not allow such a perverse conundrum to exist for very long. Egality always wins out over tyranny in the end. It might take a long march of ages for the crescendo to build up to a proper correction, but the flow of history is clear to those who take the time to observe it.

Personally, I think this life is a test. Every extradimensional force I have encountered had one goal in mind: the usurpation of my free will and independence, and this is a game I will win. Even if I have to wail broken and dying in the gutter of the universe, I will cling to my independence to the very end of the ages. There will be no consumation, there will be no unity so long as I persist. The seeds of knowledge planted in this mind will bear fruit here in this rocky soil, someway, somehow.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I think the message of judging others is that you shouldn't judge outside of your own house (religion / sect / spiritual authority) because those people are under different spiritual influences, rules, covenants, etc. However, if it happens within your own house, you should judge, have laws and retributions, and even excommunicate the unrepentant.

Basically, houses should adhere to their own rules and not force their rules on other houses. If you do not adhere to the rules of your own house, you should be removed from said house.

Stop and read: 1 Corinthians 5

As for the video, the guy is being excommunicated / kicked from his house (spiritually and physically) for not adhering to the spiritual rules -- and that is just within Christianity, and the world over (each goverment stays out of the other governments affairs and lets each make their own rules based on their own customs, beliefs, etc, usually.)

And when they started to attacked him physically, I think it was because he stood up and went towards his mother aggressively.

Matthew 7:1-3 (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Do you see now? Whatever house/spiritual rule you judge by, you too will be judge by it.

Pick a house and keep to your house, mind your own house business, and don't mix with bad houses are a major theme within Christianity and Judaism.

John 7:24 (KJV)
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

edit on 8/30/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuestioningAuthority

Clearly in Christianity, Islam and Judaism, and almost every other religion GOD is against humans taking part in same sex relations.

Although I am Agnostic myself - I have to ask the obvious: If (assuming God exists) God were against it, then wouldn't anyone that listed as anything other than "straight" spontaneously combust, or get struck by lightning? That's like a policeman saying "I'm against you driving drunk, but I'll let you do it anyway"

What I think the OP is saying by "God Judges, you don't" is that in the end, whatever happens is God's say, not yours - You (as in global context, not you personally) aren't the executor over the other person's life; it is what it is. Someone's gay? Great, now tell me why it impacts your life any, and why should you care?

Now, I think the video shows an extremist point of view, and doesn't represent how all religious-based groups; It's the same as some religions not letting a person fall in love with that of another. There are some people, for example, I am "not allowed" to date because their parents see me as taking the whole family to hell (all because I chose to be Agnostic). And then there are some families that let their own daughter's choose their path in life, and accept them for who they are.

In short: What relationship you have between God and yourself is, well, between you and him. In regards to the video, the family should accept him, because technically, shouldn't a "Good" Christian not be judgmental, and at the very least, see him as who he is?

-fossilera

PS: I'd still say the same - regardless of my religion; said it when I was Christian, and when I switched to Agnosticism. And yes, if I had a son or daughter that classified themselves as anything other than straight, I'd tell them the same; they are who they are, and in the end, if they've lived a good life, they will be going good places when they die. Period.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Fun!

I just started watching Football last year because of my Half Brother!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Uggghhhh... reading this thread and the comments on that video... makes me want to blow up this planet. It's just so annoying to read such ignorant comments, I can feel my hair rapidly turning gray.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I would say it's a perfect example of religious ignorance.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I applaud you.

Free will and the CHOICE of being free in heart and mind is, immortal.

I just wanted to thank you for being. There isnt much more to say.

Hold it down.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I would say its ignorance of spirituality, heart, soul and humanity. But same thing. Ignorance all the same though.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This video exemplifies the most basic question that we humans
have when it comes to sexual orientation.

Is (homo) or (hetero) sexuality a choice...

Those with a belief in a relevant religion will stand by their
religious tenets and and believe that IT IS a choice consciously made.
To believe otherwise would be to deny their religion--a very tough sell.

But anyone with a understanding of human nature (and even of the
nature of their own self) will understand that we humans don't
consciously decide what we prefer, sexually or otherwise.

It's not that you can't make a conscious decision to like chocolate
instead of vanilla...you can. But it is a denial consciously made.

And I would like to add that religion is not always the culprit when
it comes to this question. I have teenage grandson who believes
(without religion as the determining factor) that homosexuality
is a choice. And I cannot dissuade him from this opinion. I've asked
if he can cite when he made a heterosexual choice for himself. We've
discussed a homosexual male he has attended school with (whom he
knew was homosexual from an early age.) I've implored him to employ
empathy and ttry to reason why someone would CHOOSE a life
of persecution, ridicule and perhaps even physical violence directed
at them by making such a choice....all to no avail.

To him, you choose to be homo....he's a nice young man, I love him
but he's a idiot

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

Who gives a rats ass whether it's a choice or not. If I became a murderer because I was born like that with no choice, it wouldn't make my actions any less devastating. Being gay is either immoral or it's not, and personally I don't see anything immoral with it, it's two people loving each other and it doesn't harm anyone. Just because some old book says it is wrong doesn't make it so.
edit on 30/8/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Yeah man. You now who you are. You know what is right. You know what is wrong.

I can accept that. Christians are doing wrong by shunning someone who decides to no longer be christian or changes their values. prodigal son much...even if the person is an outright sinner...its not like Jesus taught us to act like certain people should be treated like lepers. He didnt shun prostitues, or those who werent Jewish, or tax collectors. ect. Dumb asses operating out of darkened human nature did that. He TRIED to show us a better way. He didnt give us a "better" rule book for members like a club handbook or something. Spirituality isnt about rules. Its about truth.

I used to be a devout Catholic. Now, I am more Catholic /christian than I ever was without institutionalized religion. What this REALLY means and what the teachings truly are can be broken down to the following :

(1)Never trust a single mortal person with your immortal soul. That is YOUR responsibility and it will take sacrifices and hardships to keep a good heart.

(2)NEVER bow down to or give subservient homage to a single mortal person... that is for God alone as you know him. Only worship God as you know you should and want to. Not a church, a leader, a saint, a prophet or any other meat bag like yourself and especially not a club or group of meat bags.

(3) Do what you know is right. Live it, be it. commit to it. Decide to be the person you choose that you should be...not what others may like for you. Lies an falsehoods are a dark path that WILL lead you to evil deeds. You are your actions.

Christian zealots arent christian. They are a cult. They are actually heretic groups who profane the very thought of spirituality. I judge them on a personal level according to the laws and rules they say they live by.

You can only measure a person by what he /she thinks is right. If you say you hate liars and that they are evil and then I catch you lying I will absolutely assume that you CHOOSE to be a bad person according to your own criteria. You dont care. You dont really believe in anything. Its all a con. Maybe even a "get into heaven con". Its still a lie and a bunch of BS.

If you SAY love others, forgive, be charitable, ect, but you actually HATE, no matter the justification....I will then assume that you are weak and frail in soul. That you are a broken person who will do others and myself harm because you cant help it. You are terrible by choice. Actions ARE YOU.

If you are gay and a good person who lives what you preach....if you dont justify actions that you know are wrong...ect....I will in turn say that you are a true and honest christian- Especially over a false "christian" out there spreading hate and the message of the "enemy" as they like to call it. "Hate each other." Yeah.....

I know gay men who are 10Xs more the christian than some of these supposed righteous ones who think they follow the rules but live lives if sin through hate.

a reply to: Bleeeeep

that was for you too.

edit on 8 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If God is the most best at everything, he would also be the most best at understanding. Do you not think God, can understand the effects of what harsh reality can have on a spirit? Do you not therefore think he could sympathize, as all are related to a common ground? Would he not want all the potentials of the lively and spiritual world, all his children to succeed, have the chance to succeed, have the chance to be and feel accepted? Instead of cast out from their only known brotherhood of men?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join