It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid comes out of the closet, family reverts to acting like animals.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This wont really apply to most people on ATS, but I wanted to write it anyways. I think most here arent this backwards.

I am SO angry right now. I have just about had it with ignorant intolerant people.

This kid comes out of the closet and his family attacks him. They even freaking hit him. I....FFFFFF

I am sick of these idiots acting like GOD told them to be idiots. How dare they take any faith hostage to act like assholes. Human scum. Monkeys would literally have reacted better.

I have never been more against organized religion. I am deeply spiritual, but this false and hateful crap has to end. I dont even want to be considerate anymore to people like this. Screw them. I would outright deny them any religious freedom if I could since they are too dumb to actually understand it and live it as it is supposed to be lived and taught.

1. GOD judges. You dont. Go die, stop treating others like you are some sort of freaking authority on anything GOD. You are a meat sack that will die one day and all your religious leaders are meat sacks.

2. If you have to hurt other people, you should go pick a fight with stronger people than yourself so you can have achieved something when your are done. COWARDS. You are the sissies.

3. ALL WRITTEN WORDS were written by men. Inspired or not, they are not to be taken literally. THEY ARE MEANT TO MAKE YOU THINK. There are no answers in the sacred texts...just the right questions.

If you think God literally made gay people for you to hate, then you would be better off following Satan..you angry little miserable animals.

Love each other, mind your own business, do what you know is right. THATS IT! Everything else is BS.

And a special note to American Christians (zealots). This crap has to stop. You have no right and honestly you give spirituality a bad name.
God isnt concerned with who you sleep with. He is ONLY concerned with your immortal soul as per Judeo-christian theology. Everything else is worldly BS and is less than feces to God as per the idea behind biblical teachings. READ the bible, dont get it read to you buy some idiot in a tacky suit or a sheltered fool in a dumb ninja costume.

Done.

edit on 8 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Might have been interesting if it didn't come off as a setup. Granted, his parents seems less than (put your own word here) but I think they have a deeper problem that's "family" related. Not "gay" related.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

All sexuality in this country is reactive to the puritan mentality of the majority. Healthy human sexuality is more of a spectrum of behavior and would be much less oppositional imo. Homosexuals in this country, I think, are driven into that community because of how strongly they are rejected by "normal" people and as a result you have this highly insulated counter culture which reinforces a lot of the stereotypes that the LGBTQAO community becomes known for.

Personally, I don't self-identify as anything. I'm with a woman now and probably will be for the forseeable future, but if a martian landed and we felt yearnings for each other, I'd try to reciprocate pleasure with them even if their species had 14 genders.

All people basically are monosexuals, meaning that out of the two flavors of ice cream available on this planet, they have chosen one and religiously adhere to it. I find this to be really weird for a species which otherwise goes out of its way to try new things.

Either we are hardcoded to be that way or the approval of others is so important to us as to curtail our behavior in one of our most mind-blowing and intimate affairs. Or people are really out just banging whoever they want and they lie through their teeth about it.

I hope the last thing is the case out of all of those possible options. You all really can't be that dull, can you? I guess the number of Republican congressmen who are revealed to have male lovers should be a good sign to me. Maybe the squeakiest wheel is the faultiest one after all???

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

All sexuality in this country is reactive to the puritan mentality of the majority.

I debate that. It's NOT the majority, it's the noisiest. And they are damn noisy.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"GOD judges, you don't" ?

Tell that to any judge around the world, you're clearly living in a fairy land. You say don't judge then go on to judge the parents, you've been blinded by fairy land.

GOD is the BEST of judges, and is the FINAL JUDGE, but people have to judge all the time, right or wrong, it must be done, and when it's your own son well yes you have more than a right to judge when you spend about 18 years of your life trying to keep them safe.

Most parents, and pretty much all religious parents are not going to be happy if their son gives into demons who are telling him he's gay, we are not animals, we should not do everything on instincts and fleshly desires.

Clearly in Christianity, Islam and Judaism, and almost every other religion GOD is against humans taking part in same sex relations.

All the best to the parents having to deal with what most parents fear and what this screwed up society tries to make room for.

edit on 30-8-2014 by QuestioningAuthority because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuestioningAuthority

Most parents, and pretty much all religious parents are not going to be happy if their son gives into demons who are telling him he's gay, we are not animals, we should not do everything on instincts and fleshly desires.

Demons, or instinct.

Clearly in Christianity, Islam and Judaism, and almost every other religion GOD is against humans taking part in same sex relations.

Seems to me as though god's the one with the major problem, then. Or, it may be that the religious are using it as a shield from the world.

All the best to the parents having to deal with what most parents fear and what this screwed up society tries to make room for.

*Ahem* you forgot to wish the kid all the best, also. You see, they are actually the one's going through it, not the parents. The parents role is to be as supportive as possible to the children they chose to bring into this world, come what may.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Not that long ago in this country, men were still seriously debating whether the female orgasm even existed. Anyone who has spent more than thirty minutes near an aroused vagina should be able to answer that question. I mean, we are talking about the offspring of a people who refused to bathe because their own nudity was repugnant to them. I was meant to be born in the Hellenic era and I took a wrong exit somewhere around the reign of King Darius and ended up here, lol. At least I missed the really ugly years.

Things might be changing on this so they aren't as puritan, but people still get angry over their children masturbating or having sex as teenagers, their daughters having sex with other races, or their family members having sex with the same gender. Dear god, just be glad they aren't furries. lol.

I mean, orgasms are the best they are ever going to be in your teenage years. Enjoy them while you can. All this disgust about people pleasuring themselves just seems unnatural to me. Imo, it is almost as absurd as someone beating up someone else for getting a foot massage. Just get over it. Not your body, not your decision.

Here's one question for Christians, if your kid comes out as gay, do you still bother preaching abstinence until marriage?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

well, perfectly biological excuse for that type of behavior, seeing as one of the main 'points' and honor of existence may be continuing the family name, and genery, via reproduction (as reproduction is the only way we get new humans, this is a pretty significant thing to focus on) , and I am not assuming it is their only son, but if they invested much effort into the son mainly because they thought he would represent their family (not that I am saying this is how a family should view their children) and pass on their genetic legacy, certainly i can imagine them becoming shocked, to the most extreme degree, hit with the news, that in all likelyhood their son, will not be reproducing.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: QuestioningAuthority

we can judge on a personal level. You no likey? Then go away and be quick and quiet about it.

No one has the right to judge as a spiritual authority. You dont even have the right to say GOD is the best judge because how the hell do you know. Spirituality is a personal adventure and challenge.

You can think and feel what ever you want. If you told me you were concerned about the epidemiology of same sex relations I MAY hear you out. You mention "GOD said", and I start staring at the idiot.

edit on 8 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Homosexuals in this country, I think, are driven into that community because of how strongly they are rejected by "normal" people and as a result you have this highly insulated counter culture which reinforces a lot of the stereotypes that the LGBTQAO community becomes known for.

I think this is so, so true.

I saw this happen with my step-brother. He just wanted a normal life - as a gay man. Spouse, kids, house, job.

But his immediate family rejected him and he clung to the one group that embraced him fully, despite the fact that he had very little else in common with them.

It's heart-breaking, TBH.

He still has 3/4 of that, but not the typical life he so longed for...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

1.Demons, instinct, and fleshly desires, as I said we are not animals, you cant convince a religious person that they are animals, that's part of the evolution dogma.

2.Tell that to GOD when you meet HIM, see how you go with that. It seems the atheist dogma is preached just as hard if not harder here than any religion, all in an attempt to shield them from any religious teachings, especially same sex marriage.

3.Ahem, NO, we aren't to be unconditionally "supportive as possible", if your son comes out a mass murderer, or a serial rapist, etc, etc, I wont support that the same as I wont support anything that I judge to be clearly against GOD's WORD. so more fairy land wishes there. The fact I didn't wish the son all the best doesn't negate the fact that I do wish him all the best in fighting his misguided desires/demons/etc. So I'll say it for the record, `I wish the son all the best in fighting his desires for same sex relations'.

I see one said its heart breaking for the son to deal with, well ahem it's totally heart breaking for the parents to have to deal with.

edit on 30-8-2014 by QuestioningAuthority because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Ok. I can see that you're one of 'them', that everybody else here will also recognise.

All the best for your day.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I have seen this video floating around for a while, and have avoided it.

I know lot's of gay people have lot's of gay friends, and I don't think this guy deserves sympathy. It's not a coming out video first off. They have all known obviously, and he's got the perfect family to get to react this way - religious conservative.

Honestly, I doubt the kid was abused and he was fed and had a place, he had to contend with interacting with the bible belt b.s. everyday, but by the sounds of it AT 20 (not 15 - 18) he's had it pretty easy.

I think he confronted them in the completely the wrong way, and I bet they have similar fights regularly. You have to know your audience. If you can't educate them on the fact that you are born a certain way rather than chose it, and they are very religious try dragging them to one of the man christian groups that ARE accepting of homosexuality and give them time with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

If your religious views make you a bigot then that's ok for you, but don't force your religion based opinion on everyone else. Remember, another religion would have you killed because YOU'RE wrong in their views
edit on 8/30/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yeah, he just set the stage for , and began filming a fight they've been having for years.

No coming out.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I see one said its heart breaking for the son to deal with, well ahem it's totally heart breaking for the parents to have to deal with.

REALLY? You want to hear mine? OK. you asked. About 10 years ago My son Zack(about 14) and I were watching football. There's a frickin shock. He says:

"Dad, I'm gay,"

Me: "Crap. Do you know how much ignorance you're going to have to deal with?"

After that it was immaterial. Just discussing the bigotry he was going to have to endure.

Man, that scarred us both for life.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

your post just reeks of hypocrisy, alogn with the rest of the gay sympathisers

1. "we can judge on a personal level. You no likey? Then go away and be quick and quiet about it."...are you judging me? pfft

2."No one has the right to judge as a spiritual authority. You dont even have the right to say GOD is the best judge because how the hell do you know. Spirituality is a personal adventure and challenge".....I have every right to say GOD is the best JUDGE, and I'll say it again, GOD is the best JUDGE. You're trying to tell me that I don't have the right to speak of my beliefs, than take a leaf out of your own book and hush on yoru own beliefs, otherwise cop it on the chin and move on sheriff.

3."You can think and feel what ever you want. If you told me you were concerned about the epidemiology of same sex relations I MAY hear you out. You mention "GOD said", and I start staring at the idiot."....The op himself/herself said "GOD judges, you don't", so get off your high horse. What I've mentioned about GOD (obviously to all save absolute imbeciles) is my opinion, you don't like it? I don't care, deal with it, I have every right to say what I've said, the same as you seem to have every right to say what you've said. As I touched on before, the atheist dogma is preached harder here than any religion, and you and most in this thread give great weight to that.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

lol, good luck with that

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

lol, good luck with that

Dude. That was 10 years ago. The only problem I have with my gay son is that he sucks at picking football teams. As a Niners fan I am automatically supposed to hate the Raiders.

Oh, he's built like a LB btw. Call him "queer" at your own peril.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Dude. That was 10 years ago. The only problem I have with my gay son is that he sucks at picking football teams. As a Niners fan I am automatically supposed to hate the Raiders.

Oh, he's built like a LB btw. Call him "queer" at your own peril.

This made me laugh pretty hard

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join