It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq receives Mi-28 gunships

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RobWatcher57

Maybe he could look at the aircraft that come from the country that you currently inhabit
(supposing you are Australian?)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Most combat in helicopters happens at very low altitude and I really don't think you would have time to use the seat anyway. In Vietnam, I flew routinely at fifty feet to treetop level to avoid groundfire. If you flew higher, you would get the manpad treatment. I don't think that much has changed since then, except maybe the standoff range.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

It's the same with a sub. If you go down in a sub, you're not coming out. But it makes your mother feel better about your choice of profession.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Roger copy!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Vid of Iraq's MI's:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
MI28's are inexpensive well armored full of sensors
and have all weather capabilities.
And as luck would have it so do Helicopter mines.

Nothing breaks morale more than the all important
gunships of ME conflicts raining down because of
cheap effective Helicopter mines, shoulder fired missiles,
and a good ol 50 cal.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This sounds so much like a replay of the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

The new Iraq government gets these helicopters, that they most likely don't have enough pilots to operate. The same helicopters being used in Afghanistan in the 1980's.

Then all you need is for some freedom fighter group (ISIS) to be given plenty of AA Manpads (which they've most likely already got by now).

Air superiority gets crushed. Government falls. Warlords take over.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That, sir, is a disappointing rebut from someone who has Occam's Razor as his non de plume.

A "simpler explanation" of the current mess is the removal of U.S. forces from Europe- no fighting since WWII- the reduction of both will and means to deter 'adventurism' by others in many regions of the world.

That doesn't mean the U.S. hasn't had it's questionable moves. It does mean that many others now also indulge in questionable moves.

P.S. let's not discount the German arms dealers who have supplied American foes for decades AND supported Hitler in his day. The same crowd...YES?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join