It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are No Bad Decisions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

But one has to shoot or poison ground hogs around here to keep them from eating the garden. Can I do that yet still appreciate the ying and yang of things? lol

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: smithjustinb

But one has to shoot or poison ground hogs around here to keep them from eating the garden. Can I do that yet still appreciate the ying and yang of things? lol

In a world where beautiful things are destroyed so that some may live, I don't think anything matters.

Some things are inherently destructive and fearsome. Its not their fault, and it is their purpose. It is a balance in the world, but not necessarily a balance in its constituents. But, if what is on the outside became what is on the inside, you would be balanced. Experience is the translation of what is outside to what is inside. Consciousness ties us to the world and is our balance point. When nothing takes up the mind except awareness of what is outside, then there is no inside. The only thing left is what is seen. At that point, we are balanced. We are what we see.
edit on 30-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Greetings- "To Learn" is the same as "To Teach" unless You are not teaching what You're learning, in which case You are doing You/they (The "other You"..) little or no good.

I've found that the less 'judging' I do throughout the day the "better" off I AM. But I also fall prey to the thought of "There is no "good" or "bad" there just 'is'. Every day being 'good' there are just some 'better' than others.. But, typing about 'judging' is a judgement in itSelf..

Would it be safe to type that equate Mother Earth to a 'school' where lessons are to be learned and when those are learnt that info is then taught? What if We chose our own 'death' prior to 'taking a body'? What if the reason You are a certain color, You are a certain sex, You are born into a certain religion™ and the reason is for You to 'experience' the things that are more likely to occur? Deja-Vu or 'synchronicity' is just You putting You in the place to experience the experience. Guess who gets to "judge"? You... You ARE 'The Creator' working Your way to The One Infinite Creator

Then once the concept of being an Eternal Being is learned then the concept of "time" takes a new meaning. When this happens You'll also lose the 'attachment' to 'acquiring things; items' and this, when the part of the TaoTeChing that explains that "the more gear You have, the more worries You have. You have to guard it, clean it, insure it..." so this eliminates "want" so then You look at "need" What does an Eternal Being need? Water. Be water.....

Where 'thought' is 'real' and the 'physical' is the 'illusion'...

We are NOT humans experiencing a "spiritual experience" but are "Spirits" experiencing a "human experience"

namaste

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

There is one thing that I think you are missing, that is when you reach a point, where, you have attained what you have been aiming for, you are perfect, and of course, you would not go back in time to change things. However, to realise there are some choices that you could have made but did not, you realise that there are some things that you cannot have anymore.

In other words, every choice has both a positive and negative and when you choose one, you can't have the other, I believe that this aspect of choice is key to what you described as the "human condition".

What I have attained personally has given me a sense of security, however, because of that I lack the ability to let go and enjoy the ride.
edit on 30-8-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Most of the times I made bad decisions, I had a gut feeling about them which I ignored because there was no evidence that showed something would go wrong.

My gut feeling is usually right, but that is not scientific reasoning.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
O, there are bad decisions, just like good ones.

The good one are usually the smart ones, and benefits others with minimal cost. The bad ones is when you try to sacrifice a bunch sheep for a bad reason. Like when you need wool, and you don't have any...and its winter!

Human culture has adopted and evolved to the point where this gets kind of cynical, and taboo. Atheism kind of follows such a trend, and just looks at religion like they were the Europeans coming to the Americas.

If they were bad or good, I guess you'd have to wait for the afterlife, and ask God if it was a bad decision.

God forbid, if Gods that honest.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I agree with some of your OP...
Anecdotal aside...
I signed up to receive a Numerologist's occasional emails years ago...
Used to be - almost all emails/messages were heartfelt, quasi-personal messages - and I was even willing to contribute some of my hard-earned greenbacks on occasion to help them continue.
Sometime within the last three or so years...that Numerologist apparently "sold" their online 'business' to someone-else...
This 'someone-else' was hooked-in-to an online marketing company...
Now - there are only teasers...and every teaser says click this link to read what I have found with regard to you...and - you click the link...and its just more...teasers...to get you to purchase another affiliate of this online marketing company's ready-packaged set of DVDs, tapes, pamphlets...etc...
They regularly request that you participate in surveys (presumably - with others of like-interest/s)...and... EVERY TIME, the survey results overwhelmingly conclude that the most important thing to all these 'spiritual-path seekers' is - "MONEY".
Something does not jive with me on that.

To the OP, though...
I don't know that I can go as far as to 'believe' that Life has Lessons in store for us...
This is an unpopular 'disbelief'...but - to 'believe' that Life (the Universe, God, etc...) has everything planned-out, predestined &/or preordained...kind of circles back to the question - do we legitimately have free-will?... And - that has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i am a new member and am trying to post a new thread, but all i get is a blank page...do i have to do anything special like post multiple times before i can post a new thread? sorry i dont mean to hijack this thread at all, this is the only way i can post something (by replying)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

do i have to do anything special like post multiple times before i can post a new thread?

Yep. 20 posts (if I recall correctly).

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not true
In the end we all learn from our bad decisions
We learn even more when they fail
It's like a child touching something and getting hurt from it
The child learns to never touch it again
Or if the child does touch it again, this time around the child does it with caution.

All choices in life good or bad helps set us on the right path

top topics

<< 1   >>

join