It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are No Bad Decisions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Every once in a while I will have an epiphany; at least I think of these thoughts that way. The human condition is programmed to feel a certain way about different aspects of daily life. We have pre-conceived notions about what is acceptable and what isn’t. Along with our environment, way of life, absorption of religion, economic status and the color of our skin, we are molded by past experiences to create these feelings we have.

There are no bad decisions; only the lessons to learn and the consequences of the actions change. That is not to say that there cannot be bad consequences from specific actions, but even those have lessons to learn. We may not always be aware of the intended lesson immediately and that too is part of the lesson.

Lesson Schmesson you say…I realize that this ideal way of approaching life doesn’t work for all or even make sense. To me, the words ring true. Do we ever make choices we regret? Of course we do…but why? There are different reasons to regret something we do or did…most often it is because the desired result did not occur. My contention is that rather than regretting the choices we make or will make, we should do what we can to understand the lesson. It is no secret that when people end up in prison for said choices they end up finding religion. That is the someone that is forced to look their choice in the mirror every day. That may me an extreme example of what I am saying.

Every road traveled is not perfectly straight, there are many bumps and curves and obstacles and turns and detours along the way; we want to go back sometimes, but the road was washed out. Sadly, there are those that would rather turn back and drown, then face the consequences of the road ahead. I have traveled many different roads and have dealt with every conceivable obstacle along the way. Dealing with the obstacles is what life is all about. Even the person that seems to have it so good, has lessons to learn, they are just different ones.

The human condition and the soul are separate but connected. Pictures or it ain’t real…well I have proof, but it has to be taken on faith. I have died many times in this lifetime and I have been outside of my human condition and have been where we all strive to be; in the light. The light is where I want to be when my time in this human condition is completed, lessons to learn and people to love while I am here are just a simplified version of my goal.

Take the opportunities you have to learn from the lessons your life has to offer and make every decision count.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
All decisions are bad when they fail.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree.
One of my former father-in-laws (God rest his soul) was fueling up his lawn mower inside his garage (first bad decision) and spilled gasoline. Instead of letting it dry and giving it time to air out with the door open. He made the second bad decision. He lit it on fire with his cigarette lighter to get rid of the fumes.
Oh, yes, the fire dept came and put the fire out.
True story.
edit on b000000312014-08-30T18:19:46-05:0006America/ChicagoSat, 30 Aug 2014 18:19:46 -0500600000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I think decisiveness is better overall than indecisiveness, but objectively speaking, there are clearly bad decisions.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You can't learn a lesson if your bad decision ends your life..

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've made some bad decisions. I learned from them which made them learning experiences, but they were still bad decisions. I would have liked not to have made those decisions. I guess we have all done that whether we like to admit it or not. If you have not made some bad decisions than I think that is also bad, it means you were too conservative and missed out on life.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
All decisions are bad when they fail.

All decisions have consequences and the intended result may appear to be bad, but there is still a lesson to be learned. Failure is just a cop out.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree.
One of my former father-in-laws (God rest his soul) was fueling up his lawn mower inside his garage (first bad decision) and spilled gasoline. Instead of letting it dry and giving it time to air out with the door open. He made the second bad decision. He lit it on fire with his cigarette lighter to get rid of the fumes.
Oh, yes, the fire dept came and put the fire out.
True story.
Still a lesson to be learned. What happens after the fact is the true result.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

I think decisiveness is better overall than indecisiveness, but objectively speaking, there are clearly bad decisions.
The decision may feel like it was bad after the consequences are revealed, but the adding insult to injury by not gaining knowledge from the decision is what makes it bad. Every decision has a result and a lesson to learn.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

You can't learn a lesson if your bad decision ends your life..
Well certainly not from the human condition standpoint, but the soul will garner valuable insight.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I've made some bad decisions. I learned from them which made them learning experiences, but they were still bad decisions. I would have liked not to have made those decisions. I guess we have all done that whether we like to admit it or not. If you have not made some bad decisions than I think that is also bad, it means you were too conservative and missed out on life.
What makes a decision bad is the end result doesn't live up to expectations. Our human condition is not equipped to understand certain consequences, regardless, have invaluable information for the further evolution of our soul. I am glad you have been able to learn from what you think were bad decisions, but they were not bad until you saw the result. There is a fork in every road and both ways have lessons to learn.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

This is a tricky area of philosophy. It has a dark side and several categories for me anyway.

One category has to do with the inadvertent events and to some degree planed events that didn't really have teaching anyone a lesion in mind really even if they do learn one. One still has the tempering reality that someone didn't really understand what they were doing even if there are consequences.

However we may run into that situation, once or twice in life, were some one tries to exchange your hide for a "lesion learned" to their own gain. Frightful that.

edit on 30-8-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
DP
edit on 30-8-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

This is a tricky area of philosophy. It has a dark side and several categories for me anyway.

One category has to do with the inadvertent events and to some degree planed events that didn't really have teaching anyone a lesion in mind really even if they do learn one. One still has the tempering reality that someone didn't really understand what they were doing even if there are consequences.

However we may run into that situation, once or twice in life, were some one tries to exchange your hide for a "lesion learned" to their own gain. Frightful that.

Frightful is tied to the lack of ability to garner the lesson even when it may be forced upon you. Those are the most invaluable and often the most difficult to overcome. Even the decisions by others that affect us came about because of a series of previous decisions that were made by us that put us down that road. Ultimately it is up to each human condition to adapt...sometimes the soul has it's own agenda.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle.

I would like to submit for your consideration that: A bad decision is better than no decision.
Because there certainly are many bad decisions being made every day. I have definitely made my fair share of bad decisions. And yes they are points that can be learned from. But failing to acknowledge bad decisions is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

Instead embrace your bad decisions and move on as a wiser human being.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

originally posted by: Logarock

Frightful is tied to the lack of ability to garner the lesson even when it may be forced upon you. Those are the most invaluable and often the most difficult to overcome. Even the decisions by others that affect us came about because of a series of previous decisions that were made by us that put us down that road. Ultimately it is up to each human condition to adapt...sometimes the soul has it's own agenda.

Well before we go into the invaluable nature of a lesson and to avoid getting sanctimonious about it we should look at what we are talking about. I mean like do we need to bring a snake bite kit on a hike after what happened last time? And we learned what a pain in the azz rattlesnakes can be?

As far as series of events......I went (hypothetically) down to the Quick Mart late one night and got shot in the crossfire of a robbery in progress? I put myself down that road?

What you may be asking, in certain circumstances, is that I should assume some guilt and responsibility for what the law doesn't even consider my fault and responsibility.

I am just asking for a bit of perspective here. A person really doesn't have to buy into the "invaluable" nature of an event as a lesson in higher soul changing education.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yes, Hitler made the right choice. Good job.

sarcasm to prove point....

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2014 by Aural because: oh gosh sorry my internet messsed up bad ... tripple psot really?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2014 by Aural because: double post sorry. Stupid internet

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Some things are inherently evil.

Like this guy:

Some things are inherently good.

Like this guy:

One who is balanced can see all without condemnation or prejudice. That is the key to enlightenment and greater awareness and intelligence. The adept doesn't fear evil.
edit on 30-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join