It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the third seal was closed at Mâcon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
At the synode of Mâcon in 585 AD, 43 bishops assisted by yet 20 others representing bishops in absentia, fixed the penalties for violating the Sunday rest and insisted on the obligation of paying tithes (source). At Mâcon, the Catholic Church finally sank deep enough below the wisdom of Christ to promote a universal tax for all people and on all produce in the Catholic world:

I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand [...] “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”

Notice how beer (made from barley) is taxed higher than bread (made from wheat) in the taxation prophecy above from Revelation 6:5-6. Eventhough Greece was part of the Catholic empire, there has never been a church tax on Greek citizens, hence the "spare the oil and wine" clause in the quote above. Apart from that, the Church demanded tithe or tax on produce and income. As I've showed tithe was formally introduced in 585, but it wasn't until Pope Adrian I in 787 AD tithe was formally recognized and put into full effect (Wikipedia source).

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Now what i think is Russia, Putin is a beer drinker and values that over other alcohol beverages. Putin´s goverment has raised taxation of beer 2011, 2012 not sure if they have raised it this year.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
One question why have you made 3 different threads about the 4 horseman when it could have all fitted into 1?

And hasn't all these things the 4 horseman represent happened time and time again in the past

Plague famine tax and death?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
One question why have you made 3 different threads about the 4 horseman when it could have all fitted into 1?

Since it is work in progress, and since it is easier to reference each seal by it's own thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Kind of off topic from what your presenting.

www.dailymail.co.uk... -devastating-crop-failures.html

I remember hearing about it in the news, and it said that it may have cause devastation like it was the the Four Horsemen.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

originally posted by: Thefarmer

Since it is work in progress, and since it is easier to reference each seal by it's own thread.

there is a vast difference in the historical riding-forth of the 4 horsemen (who are the generalized precursor 4 horsemen)

And this tetrad of '4 horsemen of the Apocalypse' which is a specific and unique set of 4-horsemen~ specific to the start of this time in history

which IS the end-time Apocalypse/'lifting of the veil' ...era where the Caliphate & Caliph are the 1st seal opening (white horse & rider)

get another clue with my 'signature' below...Are you preparing for the 2nd seal, the Red Horse & rider ???

Every generation, (15-72 years) throughout the last 2,000 years has presented a version of the 4 horsemen

but the year 2014 gave mankind the unique timing of the Start-of-the- 4-horsemen-of-the-Apocalypse set of the final tetrad of Horsemen, which is totally different than the previous 'riding forth' of past 4 horsemen warnings
edit on th31140943461030362014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Kind of off topic from what your presenting.

Fixed link to dailymail.com article

I remember hearing about it in the news, and it said that it may have cause devastation like it was the the Four Horsemen.

(PS: I fixed the link in the quote) You may not be off topic at all. This famine could very well have been the main cause behind the tithe taxation in the first place. A need for grain reserves and so on. However, the third rider is not about famine, but rather the Church taxation of commodities and fortune. Until then Christianity was based around Christ's teachings of "freewill offerings" and the ideal was "Sell all you own and give the money to the poor". Jesus also said "Give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar -- but give unto God what belongs to God" when confronted with taxation to Rome.

The RC Church now owned the priesthood of an empire (first seal), the power to be a party in wars (second seal), and finally, this here tithe tax system (third seal). The way I see it, the seven seals are descending paradigms in Church history.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Yea I'm familiar with a similar story, where he told some rich guy, that if he wanted immortality, sorry...Eternal Life... He would give until he was in heaven. Which sort of relates to the "freewill offering", but as for what Jesus says or does depends on what text was written about the figure. Also, I don't think Jesus and Caesar ever met in the story, even though the zealots hated the Romans, and the Romans...Well, their Romans.

Hell, supposedly one story, that's banned from the Bible was where he accidentally, killed a boy when he was young. However, he brought the boy back to life before his stepfather showed, and it was like whoops.

Anyway, the chunk of Halley comet that supposedly fell to Earth possibly affected a large radius. Lowering temperatures, killing agriculture and even helped in the events of the black plague. Leading to plague, war, famine and last but never least in religion...death.

Perfect timing, using the religion thinks it was God punishing them.

edit on 31-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Anyway, the chunk of Halley comet that supposedly fell to Earth possibly affected a large radius. Lowering temperatures, killing agriculture and even helped in the events of the black plague. Leading to plague, war, famine and last but never least in religion...death.

Perfect timing, using the religion thinks it was God punishing them.

Yes, it fits in nicely into my research anyway. Tithe was also discussed at the council of Tours in 567. And event like the one described in the article could very well have brought up the issue of a need for stockpiling cereal and making sure the pope gets his whitbread even if there is a famine

new topics

top topics

join