It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just don't know where we are headed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There is a part of me that wants the "end" to come or a "revolution" OR SOMETHING! ANYTHING!!! I mean, where is this world headed? What isn't being burned up, sunk away, drought scorched, or flooded out is in so much political turmoil that something has GOT to give! Somewhere, somehow.....

Does anyone else think this? I mean, c'mon, most of our countries rulers or presidents, or queens or whatever hierarchy they name themselves are in a constant and continual pissing match that doesn't really SEEM to affect the common working man on a scratch and sniff basis, but taken together..... ???? hmmmm.

And I know that among my folk, everyone want's to complain about the way the world is and where we are headed, but no-one has enough audacity or gumption to actually DO it, and I don't know how or where to start! So what do we do? Do we just prepare for the worst? Stockpile food and weapons and head for the hills if that don't work? Do we sit on our Arses and wait for all hell to break loose and pray for the best? Or do we do something to try CHANGE THINGS? Is there really any way we could? CAN we make it better? Or are stuck to suffer the decisions of the "lawmakers and rulers" and then just bend over when they say to?

end rant.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yep something is definitely brewing, I'm really glad that I live in New Zealand, however I have family in the UK and Europe and I am generally worried for them. My natural instinct is to pack up my family and move rural and remote which I know is just a head in the sand tactic but at this point it seems like the best thing to do. I think a lot of the problems we face nowadays have been exacerbated by a generation who have been told to be tolerant of everyone and everything, but rather than that being genuinely acheived we now have simmering tensions based around such things as immigration, race and religion which have become taboo subjects for governments to address. We also have a cultural apathy now which leaves people feeling hollow and far less likely to bother with "revolution" , music, film and art used to be forums for venting discontent and/or sharing a message of hope. Now we just have pubescent girls warbling nonsense at us from all angles. As much as I know it's a bad thing and it will be bad for everyone, somethings gotta blow and I think in our life we will see millions if not billions of people get wiped out.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It is difficult to change things when the game is rigged.

I do, however, believe positive change is coming to our world very soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn
So what do we do? CAN we make it better?

It's going to take a divine intervention.

If we were able to fix things, it would have been done by now.

I see only one option to fight this:

originally posted by: SenterSun
Deposing tyrants is another matter, but must be done through prayer.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think about this, a lot. I really do hope that things change.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn
There is a part of me that wants the "end" to come or a "revolution" OR SOMETHING! ANYTHING!!! I mean, where is this world headed? What isn't being burned up, sunk away, drought scorched, or flooded out is in so much political turmoil that something has GOT to give! Somewhere, somehow.....

And if it did, we would all be wishing for things back the way they are now. Throughout history every single generation had uncertainty and turmoil,and a wish for change. I think it's come down to the fact that we have been threatened with ultimate disaster so many times over so many different things, we just want it over with. Get er done! Moving on...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

Well, a society is kind of like a train. If you build up enough speed, it takes a lot of energy to get it to go back in the other direction, but with a simple series of switches you can divert it off gradually to wherever you want to go.

What if we are all living in our own personally tailored delusion and something extraordinary will happen shortly because we all believe it to be true, but what form that takes in depends on the individual observer.

Come join me in my delusional future, we'll have punch and pie.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If you don't know where we are going? Where do you wanna go? Consciousness creates reality...true, but execution of a successful technique ....well, I am stumped at the moment? Wait! I HAVE TO BE TOTALLY IN THE NOW!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Where else but 'The Now' The 'past' is gone and the 'future' is ahead so You're stuck with The Now.. If "We" were really using our 'thinking caps' We would enact a law where the 'Senior Citizen' would receive a stipend of $3,500.00/month and be exempt from paying School Tax. If married, the surviving spouse would receive the departed's bank.

Think about it- If We play our cards correctly or don't get killed, We too will become "Senior". This incentive would also have "some" looking out for their own health as to not getting screwed out of the 'Senior Special' The Senior gets screwed, their pension, if it is still there and hasn't been picked over by banksters, started off small and will get smaller and smaller as they age...

Plus it is "The Now" when everything happens.. When cool things happened to You in the past when did it happen then?

namaste

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HessianWolf

yes but there are two problems

1. something has been "brewing" for years and still no pop

2. when it DOES pop, things might be hunky dory for a while and then what? The next leaders (elected or not) will become greedy, evil and we'll have to start brewing again.

Not saying I don't want a change, but we need an evolution in thought in each person before society is going to be more radical

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
a reply to: HessianWolf

Not saying I don't want a change, but we need an evolution in thought in each person before society is going to be more radical

An evolution in thought sounds about right, but seems to me that the thought process seems to be moving backwards, not forwards and certainly not evolving.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that feels this. And maybe yes, if something were to change, would we all want it back the way it was? Possibly. But then again maybe not all of us. I'm all for hard work and sacrifice if I know it's moving in the right direction. Maybe this whole "politically correct" movement is killing us. Everyone is so worried about hurting someone's feelings that they themselves are NOT allowed to express theirs.

I would really like to be able to do something. Write my leaders? Did that and it didn't get me anywhere but possibly on a list somewhere. Try to organize a meeting? Yep tried that, everyone was in till it came time to show up.

But really - sitting around complaining about it isn't my style normally - but hey, we all need to vent at some point.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

and I think you are 100% right...on all sides

We have blatant racism but we also have race baiting
Extreme opportunism and extreme laziness
A complete lack of consequences and yet total domination creeping in
People trying to approach equality and getting rebuffed and people taking things WAY too far in the name of equality
and it goes on and on and on

The reality is (for me anyway) is that we will know when we've hit a good solid progressive yet solid and free for ALL society when we don't even think of these things any more

Because that's what it is...we need a balance...not this division we keep aiming for because it gets us absolutely nowhere...and both sides are disgustingly dirty

top topics

join