It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Microchip Implant In Your Future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You can inject one under your skin and no one will ever notice. Using short-range radio frequency identification (RFID) signals, it can transmit your identity as you pass through a security checkpoint or walk into a football stadium. It can help you buy groceries at Wal-Mart. In a worst-case scenario – if you are kidnapped in a foreign country, for example – it could save your life.

Microchip implants like the ones pet owners use to track their dogs and cats could become commonplace in humans in the next decade. Experts are divided on whether they’re appropriate for people, but the implants could offer several advantages. For soldiers and journalists in war zones, an implant could be the difference between life and death. A tracker could also help law enforcement quickly locate a kidnapped child.

A new article by Fox News touts many of the "benefits" of a microchipped society. They suggest that chips would make it easier for security and law enforcement to identify you and even 'rescue' you if you are kidnapped. The chips would make it easier to track your purchases, movements and even pay tolls.

The 'experts' in the article do suggest that these chips would be voluntary, but we all know that somehow it will be really hard NOT to have one once the ship has sailed that makes the chipping more mainstream. I am sure it will be voluntary as long as you don't want to buy things, receive medical care and enter sporting events.

I find it incredibly distasteful that people may one day be chipped like their animal companions. Of course, I think our Government already sees its citizens as 'pets' to be managed, herded and fed at their discretion.

I can't imagine a scenario where I would allow someone to 'chip' me. I would rather live free or die.

Source

ETA: I did a search on the article title before posting this, however, it doesn't work if people title their thread something other than the article title on which they have based their OP.
edit on 2014/8/30 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

inb4 someone screams repost. I personally would get a chip if it meant we could move to a cashless society, but then again, I'm a convenience whore.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Either with this process or through microchip birth control, we're getting chipped.
Remote-controlled contraceptive microchip could launch by 2018

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Please add to the discussion already in progress here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join