It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS laptop of DOOM..Found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

80-90% of the tactics employed in said file are now probably useless considering technology has progressed somewhat since its publication, phone freaking, black, blue n red boxes and there like. Its was however interesting at the time, mid 90s if my memory serves. That being said the chemistry sections on how to produce dangerous substances is still rather relevant. I would certainly never attempt such exercises myself and also agree that any would be Anthrax produces would most lightly contaminate themselves in the process but they are after all bad people.
edit on 31-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
95 percent were useless when it came out first

Except some phreaks that work until today, but for most, you must have physical access to the wirebox. So hooking a telephone directly at the telephone box were it enters your house was considered a phreak, when in reality, you just hook it up directly instead of using the TAE box in your living room ;-).
Trusting on the unknowing people that do not change their answering machines remote access pin (0000,0124,9999) was even considered a phreak, and it is, by definition, but far away from any whiz. Everybody working in the telecom biz would have been able to do such things. Even the intelligent buyer of said answering machines could figure it out after reading the warning: "please change the default pin for security issues"

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Held my attention at the time but then we still had dial up connections back then just about everything technologically unknown or only by a select few was considered to be phreak on some level or another. Today i imagine we are all a lot more tech savvy than back then.

My personal favourite was being able to kick the phone box in just the right place and have it return your coins, very low tech and more of a mechanical flaw in their design but nonetheless effective.

edit on 31-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join