It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions regarding conclusions reached...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Have you (ATS admin/mods/what have you) ever considered making a note at the bottom of OPs that are debunked pages later...

Example:

UFO video is posted

On page 12 of the thread, it is debunked

Someone alerts mod

Mod makes note at bottom of OP with a link to the post(s)

This could be very helpful even if only used on the most popular threads.

Just a thought...

(Could also be used if something is proved)

Thank you for your time.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

It's been mentioned before.

My personal opinion is that if we did that nobody would read the subsequent conversation. More often than not, thread topics slightly change the further the thread goes on.

Hoaxes are certainly treated that way though.

-tenth

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Forgive for getting in the middle of your conversation with the Mods, but I think they might say something like:

"If it's been debunked beyond a reasonable doubt, we'll throw a 'Hoax' label on the whole thread. Unfortunately, when some people claim that something has been 'debunked' they only mean that they think their own position has won out, and no reasonable person could have the opposite view. That may or may not be true."

For instance, has global warming been debunked? Have critics of global warming been debunked? I don't think the Mods would claim either is the case. Even evolution - creationism is still the subject for honest discussion. has either been "debunked?"

I'm not sure the Mods want to start saying, officially, that one position is correct and the other is wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

That's a good idea. I think that's what the hoax bin is for too. I don't think threads are started there, but rather are moved there by mods when something like what you're talking about is proven to be a hoax.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

This is more or less the argument I would use as a member of staff.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I see.

What about having a Proved forum to play opposite to the Hoax forum?

I realize there wouldn't be as many threads in it as there are in the Hoax forum...

Nevertheless, it would be helpful to have instant access to conspiracies that have been proven.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
I'm not sure the Mods want to start saying, officially, that one position is correct and the other is wrong.

Unless it's the Mods/Staff vs. a member.

Then it's okay.

(Sarcasm intended.)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I had thought this would be a good idea before, but sometimes debunked really isn't. I've seen nevermind debunked referring to the post of a popular member aka know it all or shills as you guys call them. Ones who debunk everything. So it may not be correct and should not be treated as debunked unless said know it all wants to lay out their credentials. Some are just known thread killers who's posts are taken as gospel, just because it was them. I think we know who they are without naming names.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

sometimes I think this site is meant to perpetuate ignorance, it keeps them in business

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

That reminds me of the way I looked at the expression "Deny Ignorance," which, thankfully, I don't have to see plastered at the top of the page as part of the ATS logo anymore.

Literally speaking, it means "We're not going to admit that we're ignorant."

top topics

join