It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force of at least 10,000 soldiers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
ACTUALLY I have to congratulate the Irish Defence forces as part of the UN mission in Syria who have just Saved a number of Fillipino and Fijian soldiers from extremists in Syria....

Being a BRIT I am proud to see that our neighbours are putting themselves on the line In a pretty desperate area...

www.irishmirror.ie...

Well done Ireland.

Regards

PDUK

edit on 30-8-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is a force that is geared towards what has become Russia standard move. Declare somebody is harassing Russian in X country. Gather up some dregs of society in the area with nothing to lose, arm them, give them cash and booze and have them parade around and call themselves rebels. Send in "volunteers" to escalate the situation and create open fighting. Then begin surging in Russian forces as peace keepers. Then either annex the territory or have it become an a new puppet state.

10,000 NATO troops moved in very quickly would end something like this overnight. Same reason Sweden and Finland just made it very easy for NATO forces to quickly deploy into thier nations if they need them.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Been saying for 10 years that a A team of allied top men (need to include France, UK and US) is what is needed to address problems whereever with inhuman savaging vermin in the interest of humanity!! Now go make ISIS maggots pay the piper!!!!
The men that are coming for you are not afraid of your beheading. Their hands are not tied behind their backs!!!!
So long ISIS maggots!!!!!!

Yeah because those countries really fixed the problems when they were toppling governments across the Middle East and Africa over the last decade or so. Where's this Democracy that was promised to Libya, Iraq? Your A teams make things worse than they were in the first place.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

And all NATO members.

Do you understand what NATO is and how it works?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
If they were to be deployed, my guess is that it would be in a humanitarian fashion, look at the countries involved. In the scheme of things 10,000 troops isn't really a huge +/- either way to either side. I would tend to believe that there is a reason the US are trying to develop a hyper-sonic weapon; so that their nukes hit first. Russia and the US comprise 94% of the entirety of developed nuclear weapons, with Russia having 1600 operational warheads. Mutually assured destruction is very much a thing with 9 countries having nuclear weapons. Oh, and ISIS are more than likely able to develop a radiological dirty bomb, that at this point could be driven across the southern US border. ISIS

Try? The US already has hypersonic weapons. Will you see them openly? No not until they are needed. They already have a ballistic rocket launched one. Also those lovely black triangular craft? those are US birds and can turn off missiles in the silos. They tested it out on their own military base one time. The problem is they are not that numerous yet.

ALso russia needs its satellites to conduct a war effectively and with the new stealth space craft the US has they can blind them to reduce effectiveness and ability to course correct if they so desire

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

NATO does what the US says? Or did i got that wrong?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

You got it wrong.

Secondly you guys are under the mistaken impression Europe cant act militarily. NATO, nor the UN charter, prevents a nation from responding to a request for military assistance. Every single European nation can send military support to Ukraine without NATO.

NATO is a defensive alliance and does not supersede sovereign nations authority / will of the people. So while the NATO organization may not be involved, every single NATO country could be involved individually.

I think we might be seeing that with the movement of tanks from Hungary into Ukraine. I am only seeing speculation on that and have not seen any media sources reporting on it.
edit on 30-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

NATO is a defensive alliance and does not supersede sovereign nations authority / will of the people.

...and nato can "defend" any country... Why don't ask the ukrainians about nato?

A Gallup poll conducted in October 2008 showed that 45% of Ukrainians associated NATO as a threat to their country, while only 15% associated it with protection.

Ukraine–NATO relations

June 2014 Gorshenin Institute[76] 47.3% 36.2% Green Arrow Up.svg

The next (democratic) poll will show 66% want to join nato immediately.

Yesterday the junta voted about $666.000 extra for "ATO".

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: maghun

...and nato can "defend" any country... Why don't ask the ukrainians about nato?

Last I saw the NATO organization ruled out military force. Individual NATO countries can still participate without NATO.

A Gallup poll conducted in October 2008 showed that 45% of Ukrainians associated NATO as a threat to their country, while only 15% associated it with protection.

Ukraine–NATO relations

You and Putin need to stop living in the past. The latest polls have Ukrainians looking for favorably about NATO and the prospects of joining it. Trying to use a poll taken in 2008,m while ignoring the fact Russia invaded Ukraine, my guess would be your numbers are waaaay off.

June 2014 Gorshenin Institute[76] 47.3% 36.2% Green Arrow Up.svg

The next (democratic) poll will show 66% want to join nato immediately.

Yesterday the junta voted about $666.000 extra for "ATO".

Like I stated above.

Whats up with the 666 number? Trying to draw a parallel between Ukraine and satan now?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Whats up with the 666 number? Trying to draw a parallel between Ukraine and satan now?

Just a quick question...
How's that any different than most of you comparing Putin to Hitler?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Just a quick question...
How's that any different than most of you comparing Putin to Hitler?

Because Putins strategies to date are out of Hitlers playbook. From control of the media, to fear mongering the Russian people by insinuating atrocities akin to the Nazis are occurring in Ukraine. From Putin claiming the collapse of the USSR was illegal while arguing about "ethnic Russians" and protecting them, which is exactly what Hitler did to justify his invasions / annexations of the Sudetenland.

The annexation of the sudentenland can be compared to the annexation of Crimea.

When Hitler is invoked in comparison to putin its valid.

Now, please explain how Ukraine is acting like satan.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You could not be more wrong. Just read up on NATOs history and you will see how clear that is. Everybody has an equal vote. The only reason Macedonia is not in NATO is because Greece objects do to not liking its name. The US and the rest of NATO want Macedonia in. However because of the nature of NATO eveybody is equal. Back in the 1990s when talks were starting with Russia about joining NATO that was Russia's big issue. It wanted a special status because it saw the fact that Luxembourg had the same amount of voting and veto power as Russia as insulting Russias status as a great power. NATO acting cohesively is a pretty rare thing.

Since Crimea however, things have changed. NATO is united for once. It has a half dozen nations asking to join, its member are increasing defense spending, its members are suddenly takining defense seriously again. This year it has signed a series of cooperation agreements with Sweden, Finland, Azerbaijan, Columbia, Japan, and the African Union. Putin has literaly created his worst nightmare. A unified, revitalized, growing NATO has appeared from the fading weaking organization it was. I expect this the exact opposite of what he expected. Most likely he though NATO would have a rift between the US/UK and its mainland European members who would want to avoid trouble with Russia. His mistake.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

guess would be your numbers are waaaay off

Number of ukrainian population today? 42 million? 36 million? Who knows?

Winston S. Churchill — 'I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself'

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

guess would be your numbers are waaaay off

Number of ukrainian population today? 42 million? 36 million? Who knows?

Winston S. Churchill — 'I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself'

Right.. and again your numbers are way off. A poll taken in 2008, prior to a Russian invasion of Ukraine, will not reflect the current position of the Ukrainian people.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Click on link, it's western propaganda wiki, I'm tired (of you)

Popular opinion in Ukraine 2002-2014

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Nonsensical blathering about the Russian Military in the Ukraine is hardly worth a comment, but face it.....the Russians have been there all along....they fomented this conflict and are playing a reverse game of the past US foreign policy of decades......
Nothing is changed....
edit on 30-8-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
You're right, that was naive of me. I'm sure they already have them. I tend to believe that what the majority thinks is state of the art is more than likely years behind what is actually state of the art.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Click on link, it's western propaganda wiki, I'm tired (of you)

Popular opinion in Ukraine 2002-2014

Yeah as I stated, and you apparently missed, the poll you posted from 2008 is way off.

NATO has nothing to do with Ukraine wanting to join it - Russia is the reason.

2014 poll -

June 2014 Gorshenin Institute[76]
For joining NATO -
Against joining NATO - 47.3% 36.2%

Increase from May 2014 poll - Green Arrow Up.svg 6.3%

What part is confusing you? Just because you have issues reading the info while making claims based on 2008 does not mean my response is propaganda. Open your eyes and research and stop believing everything Putin is telling you.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Nonsensical blathering about the Russian Military in the Ukraine is hardly worth a comment, but face it.....the Russians have been there all along....they fomented this conflict and are playing a reverse game of the past US foreign policy of decades......
Nothing is changed....

The Russian military is in Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

This is clear enough proof that NATO was and is the one that wanted to attack Russia first and the response by King Obama.

New NATO unit not a threat to Russia, White House says

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join