It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By a Black For All Blacks (or whites or hispanic or martian)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just felt this needed to be shared...speaks volumes and all I can add is these words don't just apply to blacks, they apply to ALL those that refuse to take responsibility and play the blame game, whether you're a white English chav aRomanian Gypsy or Hispanic gang member
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: phyllida

Oh look a boobtube video with no synopsis of what he says for those of us who cant waste data watching it if its nonsense.

A condensed version would be nice since the race thing is getting really old on ATS these days.

I miss the good ol days of ATS where the threads were all about some NWO, Bigfoot, Atlantis and alien anal probes.....sigh.
edit on 30-8-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The concept works. I lost respect for him when he said call the police. That's a big mistake and most black people fully realize it.

Police are dangerous. Statistics are clear. They are very dangerous to blacks. There's no candy coating it. Neighborhoods need to bootstrap, not involve police.
edit on 30-8-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: speling

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The concept works. I lost respect for him when he said call the police. That's a big mistake and most black people fully realize it.

Police are dangerous. Statistics are clear. They are very dangerous to blacks. There's no candy coating it. Neighborhoods need to bootstrap, not involve police.

It does appear that way, largely because it draws high ratings on media. I wish for every person that is mistreated by LE, they had to show a vid of every black person that has been saved by LE. I bet it's 1000-1.
edit on 8/30/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That caused me to laugh out loud.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

"A condensed version would be nice since the race thing is getting really old on ATS these days. "

I'm sure you are tired of hearing about it. Guilt spoils the feeling of entitlement.

I always wondered if a confederate flag can fit entirely down a mans throat --or would I have to cut it into pieces first?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

It does appear that way, largely because it draws high ratings on media. I wish for every person that is mistreated by LE, they had to show a vid of every black person that has been saved by LE. I bet it's 1000-1.

The reason neither of us can prove our position? Cops refuse to wear body cams. Police unions fight it. Police decline to report statistics on their activity. How can you trust someone that intentionally tries to hide their activity? Unless you follow religion --then I understand how you could get used to it. Dosen't make it right though.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I douby seriously if you have worked with LE. I'm not a cop, but have had multiple occasions to work with them. Many multiples. I've seen it. I've seen it multiple times. They have saved gang members from gang members, wives from husbands, girlfriends from boyfriends, children from parents, and grandmothers from grandsons. and you name it, often at great peril to themselves. No body ever writes about those cases.

Hate to do a hit and run, but I've got my baby nephew for the day. Gotta go pick him up. Happy day for me. Hope for you too.

Oh, I certainly don't include Ferguson, Missouri in my comments. If there are pockets of LE agencies like that around the country, they need to be completed cleaned out. Let's at least hope this case will do that, no matter what it takes.
edit on 8/30/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: Really, it doesn't have to be filled out.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Yes, trust me it is hard to be white and so "entitled" these days. I have just been overflowing with "white entitlement" my whole life.

And since you indirectly asked, I'm a big fan of the show Squidbillies. Early Cuyler is the stereotypical dumb, lazy, selfish redneck (and I'm not) so I like the duality of having him as my avatar.

And not to derail the thread, but I assume you take the Confederate flag as support of slavery. To me it is a symbol of the real reasons for the war, that my ancestors were willing to take up arms because they knew the politicians and bureaucrats in Washington had it out for the Antebellum south for a long time before 1861. Slavery had run its course and was destined to die out before long. Of course history is written by the victors and ending slavery is a much more noble notion for instigating such a bloody war instead of saying you were putting down a bunch of people who wanted to govern themselves.

But hey, believe what you want to friend and I'll do the same.

edit on 30-8-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

You can talk about anal probes if you want,,,lol
Now if blacks were being targeted by white bigfoots, or is that bigfeets, we would all have something to talk about.
You are just going to have to deal with current event threads for a while. Israel, ferguson ect.
Remember, this to shall pass.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I've seen it multiple times. They have saved gang members from gang members, wives from husbands, girlfriends from boyfriends, children from parents, and grandmothers from grandsons. and you name it, often at great peril to themselves. No body ever writes about those cases.

There is a saying I heard from a retired cop once.

"Everyone hates on the cops until they need to call one."

For every case you hear of a cop brutality I bet there is many more good cases of a cop saving someone but who wants to read about those?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I'm not black, so much of what he says is irrelevant to me, but whatever can reach out to people, give them hope, and make them proactive in their own lives is a good thing. Institutional racism is wrong and it does need to end, but the demotivation that comes from a victimized mentality seems to disempower people and that is not something I like to see in the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If these places weren't so rampant with violent crime then there wouldn't be a need for all these cops to begin with. Let us not act like Ferguson or inner cities are some peaceful place because they are not. Oh, and many people fly the confederate flag high and proud. Nothing wrong with that. Would love to see someone try and cram it down someones throat. I would have to grab some popcorn for that as I know what the outcome would most likely be.

What this guy in the vid says is meaningless to most people who know better. Just playing the victim. For every poor black person I'll show you two poor white people. The only ones who have white privilege are the rich. Trust me, poor white folk don't like most of them either and are treated just as bad as blacks are by them AND the cops. I see absolutely no one holding black people back but themselves. Talk about entitlement and expecting to have everything handed to them easily.

If you want to build a life then you go get and job and break your back. Or, you can go to college, black people can go for free, and live a good life. I never had the opportunity to go for free or any other things to assure that I make it. I got it all the hard way. Nobody cares about poor white people. Nobody. Go look and see everything an inner city school has then go out into the country to some poor school and see what they have. They don't have half the stuff or help. I know because I'm trying to get more for my kids school. Local millionaires are too selfish to help. Most won't hel;p with the ball teams either. They claim that "they're broke". I know because I've talked to most of them. I won't repeat here what I told them to their face. If you want something then go out and work hard and get it. It isn't going to come to you and nobody's damn sure not special enough to get it all for nothing.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
We should use the term Hispanic for all races.Oh wait, we already do.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I always hear this same thing your. History don't matter if that is so why do all they teach about black history is slavery and blacks fighting for rights as if that is all of the history we have. We have history of every people where they came from they background. Then you get blacks you come from that continent. We say what country they say Africa. And even when artifacts come up that proved white man wrong it's put away so you have to look hard to find it be it people's history or living or dead animals case and point unfossilized dinosaur bones with soft tissue

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I agree a lot with what he says well said.

Rap culture is garbage and i dont care at all about color. In fact i listen to raggea and hip-hop but not modern hip hop i listen to underground artist and people with a voice.

the sad truth is that this issue is accross the board as well its all colors and races we all face the same issues.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That was pretty good.

For those of you who can't or won't watch the video will miss is that he just wishes some black people would just stop acting like a victim, and take some personal responsibility, get over themselves, try harder and be better people.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There are so many amazing role models for them I fail to see why they believe its not possible for them. Years ago in the 70's & 80's black people did not have this reputation the parents worked hard and instilled good moral standards in their children who grew up yo be the Morgan Freemans Bill Cosbys of this world etc making the absolute most of what they had and breaking through any stereotypes. Now kids seem to relish being stereotyped and underprivileged and play on iy big time for sympathy and special treatment. Why better yourself when you can get by or even do better by robbing stealing and paying the race card? They have propogated their own image. Yes you may have to be ultra polite and suck up to the police more than a white person but over time the more this happened the less the image and perceptions woulf ring true

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
He said everything that needed to be said. He speaks the truth. I had to go on youtube to thumbs up this video directly. Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

He is right and a good man. Excellent post. Personal accountability is where it's at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join