It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet driver (8/22/2014) (Advert for Groom Lake transport pilot)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
These show up from time to time on the internet. Nothing particularly interesting in this one. Of course the question is does this replace a current Janet driver, or are they increasing flights due to new projects. BTW, the base had the day off today (8/29) for Labor Day weekend, or perhaps to go to Burning Man. I noticed the weekly flight from Groom Lake to Palmdale left on Thursday instead of Friday.

I like this phrase: "any authority which controls the airspace".

First Officer (Pilot) for URS Corporation in Las Vegas, NV
Job Description Requisition Number: FS95062
Interest Category: Operations & Maintenance
Interest Sub Category: Transportation Job Title : First Officer (Pilot)
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
State: Nevada
City: Las Vegas
Minimum Requirements: LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED Must have an extensive knowledge of Company operated jet aircraft flight procedures and aircraft systems; Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) directives and procedures; and Company and Customer policies and guidelines. The First officer must have a minimum of 2, 000 fixed wing flying hours in-seat with 300 in-seat hours within last 5 years. At least 1, 000 hours must be in turbine-powered aircraft and at least 1, 000 hours must be as the pilot in command (PIC). Only pilot time logged in fixed wing aircraft may be counted in the hours totals listed above (specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV, EWO, and UAV. ) Flying time must be in accordance with FAA rules and guidelines for the logging of flight time; no military conversion allowed. The First Officer must hold an USA DOT/FAA Class I medical certificate (with EKG if over 40 years old) and a USA DOT/FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP).

Must demonstrate supervisory skills to coordinate the efforts of a flight crew to ensure the safe and efficient conduct of flight operations. Must qualify for and maintain a TS government security clearance and associated work location access. Must possess a valid state issued driver's license. Must be willing to domicile in the Las Vegas, Nevada metropolitan area

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Current TS/SSBI security clearance. Boeing 737 experience and/or type rating, NG preferred. Glass cockpit experience. Flight management system (FMS) experience.

Job Description: Pilots aircraft to transport passengers and cargo. Reviews maintenance logs, weather reports and forecasts. Also has a thorough knowledge of the Airplane Flight Manuals, Flight Crew Operating Manual, and other documents and reports to ascertain factors such as aircraft weight and balance, fuel supply, route, schedule, and mechanical reliability. Maintains currency on publications of a temporary or continually revised nature such as Notices to Airmen (NOTAMS), Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Pilot Information Files (PIF), confidential Pilot Information Files (CPIF), and the Site Procedures Manual (SPM). Has the responsibility and authority to order changes in fuel supply, load, route, and to ensure the safety of the flight. Responsible for adhering to the flight plan, regulations and procedures of the Federal Government, company, and any authority which controls the airspace in which operating. FSMRG EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well , I hate Las Vegas and ... no military conversion allowed ( screws me )... and they'll want an EKG . I wonder if this ad has been translated into Russian and Arabic ?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
These show up from time to time on the internet. Nothing particularly interesting in this one. Of course the question is does this replace a current Janet driver, or are they increasing flights due to new projects. BTW, the base had the day off today (8/29) for Labor Day weekend, or perhaps to go to Burning Man. I noticed the weekly flight from Groom Lake to Palmdale left on Thursday instead of Friday.

I like this phrase: "any authority which controls the airspace".

I was trying to figure out what determined this as an ad for a Janet pilot.
I guess this rules out anything else:
1) "In 2002, URS acquired EG&G Technical Services, positioning the company as a leading U.S. federal services contractor."
2) "Current TS/SSBI security clearance. Boeing 737 experience and/or type rating"

I wouldn't mind seeing a copy of that CPIF and SPM.
edit on 30-8-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

More flights being added. I suspect things will be ramping up very soon.

top topics

join