It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Everybody's still here!!!! Allll Riiiight!

This place seems to be doing better without me, but until you revoke my membership card I'm going to keep showing up.

Welcome JennyFrenzy! I'm really glad you're here. This place can use a feminine touch. I must warn you, however, that if the estrogen level gets too high I'll make 12 posts in a row dealing with hardware, two-cycle engines, the "excessive celebration" rule in football, and whether Verne Gagne is the father of modern wrestling. I might even add a post or two on "Gump" Worsley. He wasn't the most successful player in the world, but he was very good and holds a permanent place in my heart.

Mrs. guohua, I mentioned Harbin to my mother. She said "Oh, yes, I know about Harbin, we used to read about it all the time." She had not visited it, but had read about it during the 1940's and still recalls it. (That's 70 years ago!) Apparently, it was one of the very few safe, orderly, humane, cities left in China. She was very impressed with it.

Mom was very pleased to know she has a fan club, she claims it's her first. She is grateful for the prayers, good wishes, and strong spirit sent to her, and wishes you all the best in return.

Hey, Bassago, I read your idea. There is no way I could say that those things don't happen. I know it's happened to me in a significant manner, but the cause was entirely man-made and directed at me, individually. We also have a show entitled "Into the Fringe," which deals with paranormal events and similar things. We also have at least one woman on Reality Remix who is solid on those type of issues.

I could start digging from scratch myself, pass it to the Reality Remix expert, or alert "Into the Fringe" about it. As you desire, so shall it be.

HarbingerofShadows, I know there's no way around using terms like "moderate," "extremist," and "radical" in modern discussions of religion. But, honestly, I don't even know what they mean.

I think it WAY past time that far more numerous moderates stand up to the idiotic and loud minority of their particular grouping.

And tell them, "You do not speak for me. And I refuse to allow you to plunge this world into further chaos and conflict just because you cannot stand for others to disagree with you." It's something everyone needs to do Atheists, Christians, Muslims, etc etc etc. And that is exactly what I am trying to do.

Dear HabingerofShadows, I didn't realize what Muslim opinion was on many issues the West would regard as settled. Things like stoning adulterers, killing people who leave Islam, 1st Amendment rights, etc. You may want to take a quick look at this post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It makes me think that extreme Muslims are the majority, or a very sizable minority in Islamic countries, especially in the Middle-East and Africa. What would extreme Christians look like? Extreme Atheists are a little bit more annoying than Mormons and Seventh-Day Adventists when it comes to trying to make converts, but I can live with that. Other than that, they usually go through the established legal process to stop people displaying symbols of their religion, I'm OK with that, too.

I really like the idea that you are telling various people to slow down and have a good think before they go off doing any more crazy stuff.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
It Good To See You're In High Spirits and I'm So Very Surprised Your Mother Knew of My Home.
I'm Shocked!
You have a Very Special Mother, at her age, as Smart as they come,,,, YES, You are a Very Lucky Son.

We are all Happy To Hear From you!

Now we need to work on EyesOpenMouthShut and Expat,,, their both missing!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
My friend, we worried about you, but we know of your move and we also knew you weren't Happy About it.

We all were very happy to see you POP back in even with your Shaky internet!

It's good to be surrounded by friends,,,, when the rest of ATS is going at each others Throat!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Dear HabingerofShadows, I didn't realize what Muslim opinion was on many issues the West would regard as settled. Things like stoning adulterers, killing people who leave Islam, 1st Amendment rights, etc. You may want to take a quick look at this post.

It makes me think that extreme Muslims are the majority, or a very sizable minority in Islamic countries, especially in the Middle-East and Africa.

Of course you would view it that way.
It's plastered all over the news.
But a world view based solely on what the news shows is a flawed one.
I'm sure you know that.
The quieter, the people just trying to live their lives are not going to get air time.
And remember we are talking about a population of millions.

Of course Islam does have a problem.
Look at the region it is in.
But by demonizing all of them, calling their religious beliefs monstrous even though they themselves have harmed no one.
Is not going to help at all.
Quite the opposite I say.

My position is that the West needs to abandon this monumentally stupid course of criticisizing Islam as a whole.
Especially confusing cultural practice as religious ones.
And working towards encouraging them along better paths.
Dropping bombs on them and calling them animals will fix nothing.

Mr. Affleck's points in the video I posted to my thread sum it up rather nicely.

What would extreme Christians look like?

Anders Brievek comes to mind.

Extreme Atheists are a little bit more annoying than Mormons and Seventh-Day Adventists when it comes to trying to make converts, but I can live with that.

But what they are preaching is very dangrous.
It is the same sedimentality that brought us the Holocaust.
And that should NEVER happen again.
To anyone.

That's without mentioning the damage to the scientific community as certain individuals attempt to make it widely percieved that religion is in conflict with science.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Hey welcome back Charles. We were beginning to worry. Hopefully things are becoming more OK? Glad you back though, I totally suck at giving tours.

I could start digging from scratch myself, pass it to the Reality Remix expert, or alert "Into the Fringe" about it. As you desire, so shall it be.

Ha, I've been trying to figure this out for 30 years and still don't get it. I shall toss this hot potato back to you and let you decide what to do with it or even just ignore it. Really it won't hurt my feelings, the whole thing is so off the wall I don't know what to really make of it.

Anyway... er, don't look at your bar tab as it's been slightly abused over the last few days.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko and JennyFrenzy
We have Charles Running Scared,,, We ladies are out numbering the Men!!!!!
That Right,,,, Woman Power!
Burn The Bra's,,,Let our hair down,,, make the men do the dishes!!!

Tonight We March Tomorrow we Rule Thee World!!!! Buhaahahahahaha!

What's that Dear,,, You're our of peanuts, give me a second, I'll get you another bag

edit on 5-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Dear HarbingerOfShadows, please allow me to explain where my idea came from. I could very easily be wrong, indeed, I hope I am.

This is where I got my idea, and again, I'd be delighted if it was all wrong. As you say, worrying about an entire group because of 10% is a bad idea. (This is taken from the post I linked to.)

84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
86% of Jordanian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
30% of Indonesian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
76% of Pakistanis support death the penalty for leaving Islam
51% of Nigerian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam

82% of Egyptian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
70% of Jordanian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
42% of Indonesian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
82% of Pakistanis favor stoning adulterers
56% of Nigerian Muslims favor stoning adulterers

And as far as American-Muslims go, they're pretty much willing to accept our society's values with a couple of exceptions, right?

58% of Muslim-Americans believe criticism of Islam or Muhammad is not protected free speech under the First Amendment.
45% believe mockers of Islam should face criminal charges (38% said they should not).
12% of Muslim-Americans believe blaspheming Islam should be punishable by death.
43% of Muslim-Americans believe people of other faiths have no right to evangelize Muslims.
32% of Muslims in America believe that Sharia should be the supreme law of the land.

But honestly and truly, I don't want to condemn Muslims here. What I was interested in was something else entirely.

HarbingerofShadows, I know there's no way around using terms like "moderate," "extremist," and "radical" in modern discussions of religion. But, honestly, I don't even know what they mean.

I was trying to get an idea for what an extremist Christian or Atheist or Muslim was. And what is a moderate in each of those beliefs? It's hard for me to talk about anything until I understand the terms.

May I take this opportunity to thank you very much for showing me your reasonable objection, I'm grateful to you. With any luck at all, you'll have a stellar future here at Hernando's. What are you having to drink? I'll pick this round up.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

And if the polls were made in such a way to support an certain viewpoint?
Like how certain individuals keep trying to prop up Islam as the US's next great enemy?

No worries.
I hope you don't think I am attacking you.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Shhhhhhhhhh, I took care of that little problem all ready,,,,,,, it came out of the tip jar and left over poker winnings, Oh and remember that Belly Dancer we had that couldn't sway her hips,,, Yea, her, well she donated her Tips if we kept her on as the bar maid / waitress,,,,,Why not, We're a fine mesh mash of people anyway,,, Right?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Say, Mrs. G? What is this bar tab to which our distinguished colleague Bassago refers? Yeah, that's right, let me look at it.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

How in the world could you do that?? I've only been gone about three days! What did you do, invite the Seventh Fleet and four college frat houses? I'll be paying this off for months!

"Slightly abused?" SLIGHTLY ABUSED? Slightly abused is when you tell your secretary that she's hot. What you guys have done is raped every member of the staff, including the Chairman of the Board, and the office parrot, and sold the film to HBO!!

OK, I've calmed down. May I forward your E-mail to our expert on Reality Remix, or is it a bit too personal?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

"Running scared?" Well, remember I'm 62. Would you settle for having me "Walking scared?"

Other than that Mrs. G., that was kind of a silly post. You want to burn your bras? OK with me, we'll set up a little area over by the front door where you can take off your bras, set them on fire and throw them outside. To help prepare the press, I'd appreciate photos of all of you without your bras, and without anything else you believe is holding women down (or up in this case).

Make the men do the dishes? That's a threat? We do that now, don't you remember the Black Face?

Tomorrow we rule the world? Silliest thing I've ever heard. You ruled it yesterday, and for centuries before that.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Hey, nah, I didn't see any attack. Just because you have an opinion on a vital topic and want to express it, that's not an attack. My drink offer still holds. But the way Mrs. G. is talking about taking over the world, you'd better not order a drink with a cute little umbrella in it, or ten parts fruit one part alcohol.

You could be quite right about the polls, but should we then throw out all of them? They might be wrong, but these come from Pew Forum, Pew Global, World Public Opinion, and I don't remember the rest. They may very well be weak evidence (but there are similar results reported elsewhere), but they're evidence of a sort, and I haven't run across anything from the other side of the issue.

I don't like my conclusion, but until I get something to sink my teeth in, I don't know what else to do? Maybe it was my training.

From what you wrote, I get the impression that an "extreme" whatever is one who uses violence to further his beliefs (especially if the guy is sane), or supports the idea of violence. Did I get that right?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well but the Chairman of the Board was so hot!

What do you mean it was a guy?!?

No problem to forward it off to the expert on Reality Remix. Not too personal for me even though someone (can't remember who) a while back cautioned me NOT to make a thread on it as it would supposedly destroy my credibility on ATS. I thought that was pretty funny actually.

Frankly the only reason I haven't made a thread on it is because I can't figure it out. Antar was really pushing me in the beginning to do that thread but the more I researched it the more confused it became. So, if you know someone who may be able to make some sense of it by all means send it. They can U2U me with any questions, etc.

I wish them luck.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I don't like my conclusion, but until I get something to sink my teeth in, I don't know what else to do? Maybe it was my training.

Well, the proof is all around you.
People are essentially the same.

From what you wrote, I get the impression that an "extreme" whatever is one who uses violence to further his beliefs (especially if the guy is sane), or supports the idea of violence. Did I get that right?

Not really, but it seems that extremists almost always end up using violence.
I'll find a way to put it into a words and get back to you.
edit on 5-10-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
OK, Cat posters as promised. Warning, I have a strange sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Get your Camera, We're Out Front Now All the Hernando's Hideaway ATS Ladies,,,,,,,

Now, Charles,,,, Your Looking at The New Queen "G" !!!
You Ready?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

All Hail, your Supreme Noble Mightiness! Ruler of the East and West, and Topeka, too. Rest assured that I have the utmost respect for Your Majesty, and your squad of Royal Executioners.

Holy buckets, Mrs. G. She looks like she's just been poisoned. I understand that a pure white complexion was highly favored, but goodness. Of course, anyone who started giggling at her, wouldn't finish. It would be like Gigl . . . "snick."

Oh, on the burning bra photo? I'm afraid you might have misunderstood. They're not burning their bras because they're still wearing them. What kind of a revolutionary symbol is it to go down to the Salvation Army, but a couple of dozen bras at a dollar each, then toss them in a burning barrel?

No, sorry, they have to be the bras they're wearing.

(Besides, the ATS girls are more attractive. I know.)
edit on 6-10-2014 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

(Besides, the ATS girls are more attractive. I know.)

Yes they are, much more attractive.

I just couldn't get the girls to take'em off with my big ugly husband standing there Glaring!
The Neanderthal

We had fun today didn't we, it's good you're back.
Did you eat, we have some left over.
You must try the wild berry liqueur that pennylemon brought us.
It'll knock your socks off!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I've been playing with my meds. I'm sure the doctor wouldn't approve, but what the heck. The only possible side effect that I've noticed is that 5 foot frog in the corner of my room. I just scare the flies in his direction and he doesn't bother me.

Wild berry liquor? Wow! I haven't had that since, well actually, I've never had it, but it sounds great. (As long as your photographs have gotten us in the mood, what does it knock off if served to a female acquaintance?)

Have you ever heard of a beer mile?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
No and Should I Even Ask?
What's a Beer Smile

Husband, Husband,,,, Come here, What's a Beer Smile,,, Yes a Beer Smile, What is This?
Huh, What, What! Really,,, Why would you do that?

Charles,,,,, Really, I don't think a Beer Smile would knock anything Off,,,,, but the Moon Shine would if she drank enough, knock her off her feet!

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join