It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I didn't even know that hornets made honey, that's how uncultured I am.

a reply to: charles1952
Charles, you're right, Hornet's don't make Honey and You are one of the Most Cultured Men I know in Writing and Grammar and I sure many worldly things.

It's a type of Chinese Cave Bee Honey, very rare and Very Good, Like Bird Nest Soup!

You know Charles. I have never had any Religious Training, My husband father, read the Bible but we never spoke of it and my husband stopped believing in Nam.
I asked my husband just now, "why do you treat me so good made sure I'm taken care of even if you die before me."

He said, "simple, I love You and You Put Up With My Bull Sh$# for all these years. You're my wife, For Better or Worse, Remember, well it's been More Better than Worse."

That's what he just said and I typed it out and he's looking at me now, He Said to Tell you All Hi!!!
He thinks you're all Great Too!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Ahh, just send him a U2U. Get him out of bed if you have to, he's needed here.

I hate these time differences. It's 2 a.m. here, and I'm getting tired. Make sure to give G a big tip, she deserves it (and I think she winked at me).

See you guys tomorrow. Turn out the lights when you're done.

Thanks guohua, I had a fine night, and that Hornets Honey was amazing.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I hope it's ok I keep chiming in

a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Please Chime in any time as often as possible, all opinions are welcome, Really they are, I'm just a Grumpy Old Chinese Lady Sometimes!
OH, Shot of Jaeger coming at ya!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Good Night Charles, Sleep Well and I'll burn some candle tonight for you and your headaches.
Sending Much Good Che Thoughts To You!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

but I thought women were pretty much property for a long time (and still are in some places).

You're right, women are still to this day considered the males property in some religions or countries.
Mostly Muslim but the Amish women are pretty much considered property, young girls education ends I understnad at the eight grade and their sole function is to get married and raise kids and cook and clean. BLUH!

edit on 1-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sorry, Double Post

edit on 1-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
*wanders back in* .. Good Afternoon all .. hope everyone having good day or night as the case may be ..
Bartender a Drambuie neat please .. *clips and lights up cigar taking seat in leather chair in corner* ..

Wow busy in here good to see .. going to be a few to read over and catch up on things ..

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
@ Serdgiam .. look at it as more of a temporary setback .. never give up as long as you draw breath .. face the obstacles life throws at you head-on ..
In aikido there are some sword techniques .. though to understand the sword fully its better to study iajutsu ..

@ mr. & mrs. G .. thanks yes quite enjoy spoiling my grandson he calls me grandpa daitengu as live up in mountains most of year and practice swordsmanship ( had been tell him old japanese legends and was tease him that being a daitengu I had to return to my mountain when he complained about my annual visit ending ) .
Glad to hear mr G enjoyed the thread and the jazz .. was surprised the thread did well as usually they tend to go over like lead balloons .. working on another thread to post but its taking awhile mainly due my rusty english along with doublechecking references ..

@ Charles .. have noticed that the more technology "brings people together " in reality they become more isolated and alone .. rather similar to the "alone in a crowd" syndrome .. people need the human touch to maintain sanity .. with electronic communications the human touch is vanishing making people soulless .. hmm.. not sure if making sense cant quite translate what thinking ..

and welcome to the new arrivals .. apologies am terrible at names .. though always remember faces ..

A rather nice evening here ..
Bit of music from the late great louis armstrong that listen to at times to remind me of some of the good things in the world ..

Erm.. hope nobody minds .. just thought would share something to brighten everyones day ..

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
@ Serdgiam .. look at it as more of a temporary setback .. never give up as long as you draw breath .. face the obstacles life throws at you head-on ..
In aikido there are some sword techniques .. though to understand the sword fully its better to study iajutsu ..

Never give up, never surrender!

Its interesting too, sometimes we do not have a choice but face problems head on. Temporary setbacks, for me at least, are actually a troubling issue. I have a bone metabolism disorder that results in broken bones that do not heal. Currently seven broken vertabrae and counting! So, the longer things are setback, the less likely I am to to be capable of much of anything. As I said, its extremely frustrating but I am not sure I even know how to give up at this point though. Too much at stake.. So, things have been scaled back. Everything I do will still be released open source. I just need to completely shift my focus from scientific to survival.

I studied Iai, Kendo, and a couple forms of Gumdo. I miss hearing the sword sing. Never was exposed to anything sword related in Aikido though.

I think the only meaningful legacy many perceive is technology on its many fronts. I am convinced that society has not advanced alongside our technology, and so we run the very real risk of being consumed by it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

HI Guoha.... yes it is a test of my patience.

very funny tonight cos my Daughter and her partner came over for dinner. Dad decided to go to sleep in the lounge room about 9pm and so our Son and Daughter were annoying him. lol only because he was telling us to be quiet. The lounge room is right next to the dining room.

my Son did an ice glass challenge on him a little while ago... lmao.

he woke up and did his usual 'sh' so from then on we kept yelling out... SH!

We had a big meal and there are lots of dishes and we all voted that he should do them. I have left the dishes in the sink and he reckons he is going to do them in the morning.

lol

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sorry, I've been out all day.
Gladly, but what's the question?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz
Sounds Like a Very Functional Family To Me,,,, Give'em Hell

I'm Happy to know your son and daughter knows who's home that Really is.
Did he do the dishes?
I think the kitchen floor could use a Good Mopping and the living room needs to be Vacuumed, have you checked his room for cleanliness? My Friend, It's Your Home, Not His, He needs to be Reminded, He's a Guest in Your Home and You Have Standards!
He may be Below your Standard level!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Sorry, I've been out all day.
Gladly, but what's the question?

Our Good Friend Charles asked me my Opinion on Religion and women.
How a Male will place a woman on a Pedestal, could that have a religious thing.
Here I'll attach his question to me,,,,

What do you think? Did Christianity have a part to play with all the pampering and pedestaling? (My spell checker didn't like that one.)

You've got the Virgin Mary starting things off, and all those Knights in Shining Armor who were always pledging allegiance to some fair maiden and fighting to the death anyone who insulted her.

I thought of you, in your post you seemed to have a Hint of Religious Knowledge.
I was raised a Communist Chinese, No Religion.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
(A blurry figure comes stumbling in, and falls into a chair.)

Whew! It's one o'clock and I'm still not awake. I have to cut out these wild parties. G, you beautiful thing you, I think some grapefruit juice would pop open the eyelids. If you have a little I'd be grateful, otherwise, I can just pour some ice down my shirt.

Hey, there, Disraeli! Good to see you. I've got something from an author you might know, C.S. Lewis. We've been talking about communicating and being "alone in a crowd" as Expat888 puts it. I found this curled up in my wallet. I really like it. Here, take a look:

"It is a serious thing," says Lewis, "to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare.

All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one or other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics.

There are no 'ordinary' people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilisations -- these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub and exploit -- immortal horrors or everlasting splendours.

This does not mean that we are to be perpetually solemn. We must play. But our merriment must be of that kind (and it is, in fact, the merriest kind) which exists between people who have, from the outset, taken each other seriously -- no flippancy, no superiority, no presumption.

And our charity must be a real and costly love, with deep feeling for the sins in spite of which we love the sinner -- no mere tolerance or indulgence which parodies love as flippancy parodies merriment."

--C. S. Lewis, From The Weight of Glory.

I guess that's one of my Truths.

Why, thank you G. How did you know I wanted the large glass?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

HEY EXPAT,,, go to hear from you, and you keep on spoiling that young man (grandpa)

It's Great that he has a Grand Parent like you to love him and watch out for him and I know you're giving him Advice in your on way.

Please tell him "NeyHow",, Hello for us and we wish him and his family Good Health and Happiness.

Walk and hold hands and be Proud, I know you are
Train his Spirit to be Light and Agile and Loving.
your his Grandpa, in his eyes you know all and have seen.
As a daitengu setting on your Mountain you see all,

Also, we enjoyed your music Very Much.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

One Large Grapefruit Juice Coming your way Charles,,,, OH, would you like some White Rice with an Egg Over Easy on top of that?
Shsss, there's a little Vodka in the juice it should help with your eyes,,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You know G, you're an angel. Is it just a coincidence that the bartender's name is the same as your first initial? Are you filling in until the regular bar tender gets back? If you've slipped some vodka in there, I'd better have the rice and egg, good idea. I normally have a drink every couple of weeks, but here, I'm just absorbing the stuff. Funny, there are no bad effects.

I've taken the liberty of inviting a few new people. I may not agree with their positions all the time, but I think they are good people. I hope you'll welcome them, the world needs more Hernandos.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Afternoon, Thurisaz. How are you feeling today? I noticed a thread of yours in which you said you had had far more red wine than was good for you. Are you recovered?

Anything you want to talk about is welcome here, we care about you.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So, I am coming in late to this party.

But, football season has started, and it's time for my husband and I to take some time away from our youngster (who stays with his grandparents while we go cheer; a year's worth of date nights in a couple months), and enjoy some games, just the two of us. Then, we had some time with the rest of the family, parents, sister, brother-in-law, and nephews ... and today, we're catching up on all the work that needs to get done in a weekend before we hit it for another week. Phew! But it's a joyful sort of busy. I'm thankful we can still do it this year; it gets harder to justify every year.

On the subject of male/female communications. I am not the best woman to ask. I've always gotten along better with the guys than with the gals. They always seemed to have the most fun. They were always running and playing and doing the most fun things. Girls were always standing around being boring it seemed. So I made friends with the boys and it stuck.

I still like doing boy things more than girl things. When it comes to clothes, I'm in and out as quickly as possible. My husband loves it, and I'm the more aggressive video game player of the two of us (yes, we are a bit of a geek household).

So, yeah, not the best woman to ask on the subject of female communication.

I will say that the thing about happy wife; happy life is generally true only inasmuch as why would you marry someone you didn't intend to try to keep happy? But, if what it takes to make her happy isn't also going to make you happy, then it generally isn't going to be worth marrying IMO. It sort of works out to something a little like the Golden Rule because if she is happy because of what you do, then she'll probably return the favor. The best marriages work that way - a two way street most of the time.

But I've been blessed to grow up surrounded by a family full of strong marriages with lots of other strong marriages in the friends my parents chose to set examples. All were different, but all had that as a central theme.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I see a bunch of familiar faces.

This world weary person is dropping in to Hernando's for a break. And because of a very kind invite. I had to read the whole thread first just to see where the conversations were going and found the flow quite interesting.

On intersex communications all can add is to truly treat the other person as you would wish to be treated. It's also not wrong to expect the same in return. Once that part is taken care of the rest seems to work out pretty well.

It's past noon so what's the bar serving up? Getting my old briar pipe out and will watch the smoke curl up.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join