It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Great song and you're right of-course, Parent need to be Moderate, you know,,, introduce their Children to Religion and make sure they know about the Bible and God and Jesus and Mary, (That's another thing, Didn't a Mary Magdalene write some chapters or something and they where left out on Purpose my husband said. ) so they know what's all out there.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen
Another one showed up with out saying a word,,,, what you drinking my friend?
Tea or some thing a little stronger?

I think we're celebrating Bassago and his return to the Living!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
Was that a Rusty Nail with Extra Rust you wanted or just a Whisky Sour with a little Extra Whisky?

I'm having a Seagram's Seven & Seven at Room Temp and mu husband is having Iced Rum & Coke

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

After today make it extra rusty with the entire abandoned steel-mill thrown in. Or if there's a jug of moonshine behind the bar I'll just take that. Hold the cork.

@Charles, I'm sorry for the difficulty your daughter is having. Actually it sounds worse than difficult, sounds miserable. I hope things turn for the better for both of you.

Sounds like many folks here are having some difficult times. I don't really know what to think about that anymore as little seems to ever get better these days.

Alright, I hope this posts. Not having fun internet tonight.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It post Just Fine,,,,, Here's your drink, with the Whole Detroit Steel Mill Thrown in for good measure!!

Now you'll need a Shot!!!!!!

I guess we can stop worrying about you now and worry about our friend Expat888,,, No ones seen or heard from him that I know of.
I hope he's OK and his Family is OK.
I have to wonder about that Volcano Now!!
But he was gone before it made the news, so maybe an old mama-son kidnap him
No, I don't it.

Jezzzz, I hope he's OK,,It would be a disaster if anything happen to his family.

edit on 1-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Hi! guohua, you're right, I did pop in without speaking and that shows I'm having trouble with my priorities. I may have said it before, but it doesn't matter: Welcome Bassago!

I was going to put in some smileys to celebrate your return. I went to the first one that looked happy, it was described as LOVE. I didn't think that was quite the right note, so I tried another, which turned out to be HEY. Missed again. My next try was one that meant LOL, and my last try gave me SAINT.

Considering the guohua's sensitivity, and your reputation, I passed on sainthood for you. I just gave up. I don't understand computer thingies (that's the technical term).

Mrs. G. I was sidetracked by a thread. I was defending Bill Maher (Take that, those of you who think I'm an incurable Conservative), against a man named Reza Aslan on The Young Turks. I'm not finished but I think the others have gone to sleep (my writing does that). Or, they surrendered in the face of my brilliant analysis.

I forgot to check with the liquor store for Harbin. I'll do it tomorrow. Have you got a couple of back-up brands in case I can't get Harbin in time for the show?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Of course, you knew this, but his last post was on the 25th and his last visit was the 27th.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I knew his last post was 5 days ago, but he had not answered my U2U to him from 7 days ago.

Just not like our little Asian Buddy to not come by for a Drink and Smoke!

Yes, I do have and alternate for you and it's best drank, Cold!
Rice Wine,also known as mijiu, made from rice, originated from China. Unlike European wine, which is made by fermentation of naturally occurring sugars in sweet grapes and other fruit, rice wine is made from the fermentation of rice starch that has been converted to sugars.
The process is somewhat similar to the mashing process used in whiskey production but differs in the source of the enzymes that convert starch to sugars.
You'll enjoy it and you can cook with it too.

Mrs. G. I was sidetracked by a thread. I was defending Bill Maher (Take that, those of you who think I'm an incurable Conservative), against a man named Reza Aslan on The Young Turks. I'm not finished but I think the others have gone to sleep (my writing does that). Or, they surrendered in the face of my brilliant analysis.

ETA: OK, All's forgiven for a Good Cause!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I will have to be Completely Honest and tell you the very Best Chinese Beer is:
TSINGTAO Beer 青岛啤酒.
Tsingtao is a world famous beer brand. It was founded in Qingdao city by German and British settlers in 1903.

I like SNOW Beer 雪花啤酒 a lot, it only comes in cans though. Snow beer is the biggest-selling beer in China and even in the world. It tastes light, crisp.

Now the other Beer Popular in Northern China where I'm from is YANJING Beer 燕京啤酒, Why you ask, it's Good but it also has a Warming quality about it,,, I just don't know why. It has a clean, smooth and refreshing taste. Great after a Cold Dip in the River in November!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

He didn't answer you?? This is serious. I don't know what the term is but could he have "gone to ground" to deal with his emotions?

Hmmm.... Rice wine? And very cold? I will search thoroughly. I suppose it has a low alcohol content? The show tomorrow (or later today) is supposed to be made up of the most ridiculous ATS threads. I don't care for the idea very much, it's laughing at someone's effort in a calculated way. But, I don't feel strongly enough about it to refuse. Maybe the rice wine will help.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
To be Honest Again, My husband said that he was.
Because he took the Suicide of his friend very hard and the fact he was tasked with telling the Daughter of her fathers death.

Rice Wine typically has a higher alcohol content, 18%–25% is very common. Where American Wines are 8 or 9 % at best!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
A little Entertainment with your Wine,,, Sir?
It's to bad you couldn't do a small show on the Harbin City Winter Festival, The Ice City of Lights.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I can't keep up with you. Mr. G. must be very agile indeed.

I'd love a show on the ice festival, those beautiful lights would look so good on radio. Oooops. We may have a problem.

I know we have Tsingtao in town. I'll order the Harbin and make the Tsingtao do for tomorrow night.

Yes, running and hiding is one way to deal with loss, pain, and despair. It's not the best way, but it's the best way I've ever found, use it all the time.

The music is beautiful, graceful, seeming to be something growing naturally instead of being thought out and written down. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Fifty-four pages, wow! I hope I'm not too late to join in on the discussion. I see a lot of great minds that I often look for in other ATS threads, so this should prove to be a great experience and learning opportunity for me. I'll pull up a chair and eavesdrop, for a bit, if ya'll don't mind.

Is this anything like John Galt's hideaway?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

OK, choked down the extra rust and went to bed. That helped and I managed to get some sleep which I was kinda wondering about. So that was good, sometimes hard to sleep in a new environment.

I doubt the volcano is the issue with Expat888. Most likely what happened with his friend.

@Expat888 if you're reading any of this I wish you and your friend's daughter well. Sometimes it seems the crap just keeps coming.

@Charles thanks for the welcome back. I must say even though I couldn't post over the last couple weeks reading along with this thread was sometimes possible and in a way disturbing. Seems almost as though (for people) things are either going pretty good or things are hosed. Can't remember the last time I heard anyone having just a so-so time. I wonder if that's a reflection of what's going on around the globe?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Good morning SG, welcome to the hideaway. Eavesdropping is fine and any topic goes. Mostly I just hang out here for the drinks and company though. My bar tab now exceeds the federal deficit but hey Mrs G trusts me to pay up soon. Checks in the mail.

So how have you been? We must hang out in different forums I haven't seen you in a while. Hernando's is a quiet refuge for me from the WWIII and political forums which as I'm sure you know can become a little tense at times.

Have a coffee on me, triple shot, short Latte is my specialty. Pretty sure the rest of the crew will be wandering in sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Hi Bassago! Thank you, for the warm welcome. I haven't really been hiding in any other threads, just been doing drive-by readings lately.

I didn't want to be a thread crasher, so I began reading at page one of this great thread and got to page five before I realized I may be better off to start at the end and work backwards.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I don't get why so much of my post is missing? Am I being censored? (I apologize if I said something wrong and hope my time-out isn't for too long).

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So much of my post is missing. So wierd!
It doesn't show my comment about the emoticon (directed at Charles), nor my rice wine comment (for you Guohua).

edit on 1-10-2014 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I don't get why so much of my post is missing?

So I'm not the only one having trouble on ATS? It took me 3 tries to post my first reply to you. Didn't lose any of the post when it finally went through though.

Maybe just a ATS glitch. Going to check the board biz forum to see if anythings broken or such.

ETA - Nothing in the BB forum about any glitches.
edit on 683am4545am102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join