It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:57 PM
a reply to: charles1952
One Ice Cold Bottle of Harbin Beer and a Bowl of Guohua Chicken Soup coming up, you like Saltine Crackers with your soup or do you want Bread and butter, I do have Apple Sauce Butter.

ETA: Yes, the music was for last nights Entertainment, That you missed. Yes, she was a little on the Modern side, but she was very Pretty.
There will be more Entertainment tonight.

Please watch, it won't be that Boring, I Promise You

For you Charles1

edit on 28-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:43 AM
a reply to: guohua

You always give far more than I can properly respond to. For the dinner, black bread please. I suppose I am a peasant at heart, but I appreciate it's solid character. The apple sauce butter appeals to the gourmet, but that's not how I feel tonight.

I enjoyed the music from last night's entertainment, I might even be able to enjoy something a little more modern, we all have to stretch now and then. You're also correct that she was pretty, but I have an attitude about that which might not be common. The word "pretty" is difficult for me. I enjoy pretty things (although I'm more intrigued by the beautiful), but a person's beauty can rarely be seen right away.

I wonder if a person's beauty can be seen at all. For me, a person's beauty comes from how they treat others and the world. I am vastly more interested in a person's thoughts and motives than their weight, measurements, or facial perfection.

If I'm using the word correctly, an "enlightened" person is beautiful, no matter what their appearance is. But then, I'm a little strange.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:29 AM
Charles You're Very Welcome and I'm Happy You Enjoyed Your Meal and The Peasants Bread.
It is good isn't it?
Where are our companions?
We should have a few more visitors from across the Pond.

You know DISRAELI, I wish I knew more about Religion to participate in your threads. But religion is not a strong subject for me. Now My Husband, was raised in Pentecostal and Baptist Church's all his life, as he was growing up, his father and
mother had Bible study with my husband and his sister at the kitchen table.
But mr.g will not discuss the Bible, he does not believe.

I hope our visitors enjoys tonight's entertainment and provides some of their own.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:32 AM
I'll start looking for some entertainment, but I just had a thought about the magician - ballerina. Certain people are very interested in being able to carry guns concealed on their person. She could have hidden four Uzis, a .50 caliber machine gun, and a surveillance drone.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:22 AM
Now a little entertainment, yes they come to you from my home Country and their mostly my Sisters.

What are we Drinking?

I hope every one enjoy's and there's plenty to eat and drink.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:25 AM
From almost 75 years ago, the Andrews Sisters:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:42 AM
Charles, Excellent, just Excellent!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:55 AM

originally posted by: charles1952
DISRAELI, interesting phrase, "Incautiously ambiguous." Besides it's delightful sound, I always thought that ambiguity was the resort of excessively cautious people.

You're thinking of deliberate ambiguity. I was thinking of accidental ambiguity, which can only be avoided by careful choice of words.
The idea was that having an ambiguous thread title was an incautious thing to do, in the middle of a forum which jumps on thread titles.

For a similar paradox, it was Byron, I think, who once apologised to someone for writing such a long letter "because I didn't have time to write a short one" (that is, with more time available he could have taken more thought and concentrated his ideas.

I'm not drunk enough if I can use "Incautiously ambiguous" and "disabused."

"Dis" words are good. I'm very fond of "disingenuous", but don't get many opportunities to use it.
"Antidisestablishmentarianism" came up in another thread.
And I wonder how many people nowadays understand the difference between "disinterested" and "uninterested".

edit on 28-9-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:17 AM

originally posted by: guohua
You know DISRAELI, I wish I knew more about Religion to participate in your threads. But religion is not a strong subject for me.

Yes, they're really addessing people who know something about the Bible, but don't know enough, or misunderstand what they do know.
Within those limitations, I do try to make them understandable.
You''re always welcome to drop in and see if there's anything you might find interesting.
But if your husband was brought up with religion and doesn't want to talk about it, he will probably be wary of religion being "pushed". I must take care not to do that.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM

You know, I participated in a choral version of this when I was in high school. We did a really "jazzy" version of it. Great song and a great period in American history.

(Yes, Sheepslayer can sing)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:49 PM
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Wonderful! Now I don't have to worry about what I'm going to put on the show this Wednesday. "Sheepslayer's Greatest Hits. 15 minutes of the best singing this side of the other side."

We'll make a fortune! I'll take the beer concessions, Garth can sell ad space. Take a video selfie and we'll release a music video. This'll be H-U-G-E! We'll arrange your European tour to coincide with the next EU convention, and the whole world will hear your music!

Can I have your autograph, huh? Please? Aw, c'mon, please?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:02 PM
a reply to: DISRAELI

Oh, DISRAELI, I must be missing something by a mile. On ATS, and dealing with some of the posters who have invited themselves to your party, you're having a hard time finding a use for "Lacking in candor, or sincerity?" I would have thought that you would have used it so often by know, that you would allow it a gentle retirement, or at least a long vacation.

There is something I honestly am confused about. How does "antidis-" establishmentarianism differ from "establishmentarianism?" It's always seemed to be a bit of a double negative to me.

Guohua, would it make any sense to just ask DISRAELI questions about God? He could keep the answers short, you could stop asking whenever you'd have enough, adjensen would keep him honest, and I'd flit around being a general pest.

Or, I can just go back and find Older American Music.

I forgot that the liquor stores are closed today, I'll have to put the Harbin off until tomorrow. (If i can find it at all.)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM

Sorry Charles.

You must contact my manager, which will take quite a long time...unless you have the means to book a very large venue in advance and are willing to only accept 10% of merchandise, beer and parking revenue. Ticket sales are all mine.

That's how we roll in the business of high school choir stars.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:54 PM
Hi guys, I'm over in this thread following my wife's comments and trying to explain to a bunch of Knuckleheads why you don't call Asian People Yellow!
They don't get it!
Now the OP ask me to explain why the term Yellow is Offensive and what does Slopehead mean.

What has Happened to our Education System.
I know what has happened,,,,,,
1.. Teaching Math In 1960's - A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

2.. Teaching Math In 1970's - A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3.. Teaching Math In 1980's - A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit? Yes or No

4.. Teaching Math In 1990's - A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5.. Teaching Math In 2000's - A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's okay).

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:08 AM

I just got back from a thread saying ugly things about priests, and saw your link. Your responses seemed to be focused on one woman who must have been hiding from the world all this time. How can she exist?

But then you explain it all with your report on education over the years.

Now seriously, Rome fell, Great Britain's lost it's empire and is deflating as we speak, the Ottomans, Mongols, Greeks, were all pretty much completely destroyed. Is the US in a slump, or are our grandchildren doomed?

If I'm going to be talking that way, I'd better have another Long Island Iced Tea. I don't want to wake up until 2024, but I'll settle for staying out until tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, does that stuffed chair and A. Fuentes look good.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:14 AM

Hi, Charles, I fear America is going the way of Rome.
We need as leader, a Strong Woman or Man, but Not Hillary.

This poster you mentioned and there was another that actually started my wife posting in the thread by using the term Yellow People.
Then this young man could figure out Why it was Offensive either, but he has a Ring in his Nose, so That answers That!

OK, have a Drink Folks we'll be back in an hour or less.

Going to get more Booze!

edit on 29-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:04 AM

Hey!! I'm glad to see you got some usage out of my post on the education system. It is sad indeed, isn't it?

Some people you will never be able to reach regardless of how much you try. They remain blinded by choice and that's the worst kind of blindness there is IMO.

I really like your wife btw. She can make anyone smile... Well, those who know how to at any rate.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:17 AM
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Yes, Thank You for that, as you can see, it's been saved for use when we think it's needed and it was needed in that post.

How are you?

You know I kept thinking, Were getting Way, Way off topic here,,,, these people can't be to old if they don't understand the very basic's of Color and Culture.
Then I remembered your Math Joke and Thank You.
I posted it here but I forgot to make a note who I saved it from.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:26 AM
Who wants a drink, I've got the bar tonight.
There's fresh Grilled, Baked and some deep fried Cat Fish Steaks for the asking and yes, Chinese Hush Puppies.
What's that you ask,,,,, Hell, I don't Know you'd have to ask my little wife, all I can say is, their Good and full of all kinds of Green stuff and a little Rice!

Eat Drink and Be Marry!!!!!

Oh, Oh,,, Tonight's Entertainment is,,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:02 AM
"Ingenuous" means "innocent", so to me "disingenuous" means "not as innocent as he's pretending to be".
There haven't been many occasions when I could use it with absolute accuracy, though I've certainly used it once.

What's wrong with double negatives? As I pointed out elsewhere, there's a subtle overtone in "not unhappy" which won't be found in a simple "happy".
The "establishmentarian" is just content with the establishment. The antidisestablishmentarian is actively opposed to those who are trying to bring it down.

P.S.There is also that odd word "disgruntled". When have you heard of anything being "gruntled"? The only place I've ever seen that word is in the classic historical reference work "1066 and all that".

Rules of Wars in the Eighteenth Century

ALTHOUGH the Succession of Wars went on nearly the whole time in the eighteenth century, the countries kept on making a treaty called the Treaty of Paris (or Utrecht).

This Treaty was a Good Thing and laid down the Rules for fighting the wars; these were:

(1) that there should be a mutual restitution of conquests except that England should keep Gibraltar, Malta, Minorca, Canada, India, etc.;

(2) that France should hand over to England the West Indian islands of San Flamingo, Tapioca, Sago, Dago, Bezique and Contango, while the Dutch were always to have Lumbago and the Laxative Islands;

(3) that everyone, however Infantile or even insane, should renounce all claim to the Spanish throne;

(4) that the King (or Queen) of France should admit that the King (or Queen) of England was King (or Queen) of England and should not harbour the Young Pretender, but that the fortifications of Dunkirk should be disgruntled and raised to the ground.

Thus, as soon as the fortifications of Dunkirk had been gruntled again, or the Young Pretender was found in a harbour in France, or it was discovered that the Dutch had not got Lumbago, etc., the countries knew that it was time for the treaty to be signed again, so that the War could continue in an orderly manner.

edit on 29-9-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>