It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I suppose I should have said I liked Birds on the West Lake better than Rain Drop to my Heart. Rain Drop sounded more Western, more Hollywood, and that felt a little jarring at times.

But please accept many thanks and much appreciation.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I really expected more of a reaction to my thread this morning…

Christians: Is it okay to lie for Christ?

I got the usual atheists who follow me around to say "you're an idiot", but few Fundies to argue with me and no Catholics to support me.

Where's the nepotistic love?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247
You're very welcome and YES, the Chicken is Organic, that is why I suggest to insure the feet are removed
but all the (as you say ) innards are left in place.

The soup is ready and Hot, Yes your Chinese is Very Good.
I would advice a young chicken, insure where you get your Poultry that the chicken is young.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Sorry, adjensen, I saw the title and skipped over it. Clearly, I made a mistake. But in my defense, I thought Lying for Christ was a no brainer. Of course He wouldn't approve, and it's not alright. I'm surprised there is any controversy.

I suppose I'd better go strolling over that way and see what the ruckus is all about. Let me grab a beer to fortify myself, I'll take it with me.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

No, you need a Bowel of Soup, you do not have to eat any meat.
No, No, Burger King!

I like the Avatar you choice for yourself, It fits, you Much Better.
You should change back, you would feel better.

Now, drink your soup.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well, adjensen, I made my small contribution (at least, I hope it was) to your thread. Let me know if you want me to explore another angle with it.

Now, I really need another beer, but since I have a diet cola waiting in my freezer, I'll start with that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ok, now what sort of turtle is recommended?

Plenty of boxers and snappers around here. Will that do?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The ones you want to avoid are the ones that snap at your boxers. (Sometimes I crack myself up.)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Ok, now what sort of turtle is recommended?

Plenty of boxers and snappers around here. Will that do?

Yes, Snapping Turtle is Good, The Shell has much use when grand to a powered and boiled with Sea Weed or Sprinkled
over an Egg.
Snapping Turtles have a Strong Will and Spirit and good meat.
But Slider Turtle's are very good to east.
I know that Snapping Turtle is My Favorite.

I don't think I've eaten Boxer Turtle.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

The ones you want to avoid are the ones that snap at your boxers. (Sometimes I crack myself up.)

Then Maybe You'd Like The Sliders,,,, They can Slide Between The CRACK!

I like your Avatar, I think you feel a little Better,,,,yes?
edit on 26-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Expat, Eat your soup before it gets cold, What you want to drink?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The bar is open and the Smoking Lamp id Lite!!!

Come on in and Relax

Oh,,, Maybe a Little Music,,,,,,
For entertainment!

edit on 27-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
I really expected more of a reaction to my thread this morning…

The thread title was incautiously ambiguous. It looked like a generalised attack on Christians, so that's what people came looking for, or stayed away from.
"Should Protestants lie about Catholics?" would have alerted the parties you expected to get involved.
My own least fortunate thread-titles were when I was being sarcastic about "2012" beliefs, and managed to convince people that I was on the wrong side.

Then you get the readers who respond directly to the title without even looking at the OP.
I think my first response to "Revelation; Satan fell from heaven" was from someone demanding to know why such a notorious fact was being claimed as a new revelation.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hi, guys. The tired old man is back in the place. Let jollity and good fellowship prevail.

I tossed another comment on adjensen's thread (Nepotistic love, you know), but I wonder if reason is the appropriate tool to use here. I don't know what else to use with this particular poster, maybe if we got him drunk. But he's got to find another bar. I don't think he'd fit in well here, he's too eager to attack people.

Say, guohua, I've been thinking about that nickname you suggested. It's kind of you, and I'm flattered, but I ran across a one symbol name that may be as good. I don't know how to display it, but it sounds very much like "Ko."

DISRAELI, interesting phrase, "Incautiously ambiguous." Besides it's delightful sound, I always thought that ambiguity was the resort of excessively cautious people.

I can understand someone's immediate response to your title as being reasonable, but surely he would have disabused himself of that notion before he put pen to paper, so to speak.

I'm not drunk enough if I can use "Incautiously ambiguous" and "disabused." I have to stop thinking so much and spend more time frolicking outdoors. (You don't want to see me frolic, just believe me.)

Now, to listen to those new musical offerings.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

OK, What word or item are you trying to say, KO, does not make sense to me.
Sorry.

I'll be around All Night,,,, Really, I will.
How about, 我 独自行走 = wǒ dúzì xíngzǒu = I Walk Alone

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Sorry. Let me try to find the symbol and cut and paste it here.

Does this work? 空

I used Babylon
edit on 27-9-2014 by charles1952 because: Add a bit.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ok, and what are you drinking?
Seven & Seven or Whisky Sour? Oh, maybe you'd like a Harvey Wall Banger tonight, I do have some very good imported Beers, A beer from my home city of Harbin China called Harbin Beer.
You have your Cigars and I must ask you, have you talked to Expat lately?
We have not seen him, I hope his feeling ok and not sock, or Drugged and Dragged Off By Some Bar Mama-Son looking for a Paycheck!
He needs to check in with us!

Maybe I should send my Husband to go and look for him!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
OH, You're Not Empty or Vacant!!!!
空 = kòng = Empty or Vacant

Traditional Chinese it has two meaning's, Empty and or Vacant!

You are neither of those! You have much to Say and Much to Teach.
ETA: Charles, You come back here, I see you logged off.

You are neither of those things, you Walk Alone Yes, But you are Not, Empty!
You have many friends here and many people here Respect you and what you have to say.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well! I watched your newest videos. I think I can safely say that it wasn't performed by 12 girls band.

The first one will do very nicely as the Asian version of Hernando's Hideaway. The second one? I was almost expecting Lady Gaga to come out and perform.

But, as is true everywhere, there is older, more traditional music, then there is the current music fed by youth.

Thanks for putting them up.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You are always the friendly and considerate one. No, I haven't heard from him either. But if you send your husband, tell him not to use any of his "tricks." Expat888 might just "feel" him coming and take evasive action.

I sometimes wish I was as experienced a drinker as I pretend. I have heard of the drinks, but I can't remember ever trying one of them. Let me try the Harbin, the one drink on your list I haven't even heard of. If it's as good as you say, I think a look for a bottle up in the cities.

Thanks a lot. Make sure your husband treats you especially nice this week.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join