It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi, adjensen, good to see you. I think I'll sit for a while and let you brilliant people fill up my empty head. Oh, the show last night? I don't think I can do angry very well, it's not my style. I tried though. Maybe I've listened to 12 Girls Band too much, and I am now a peaceful person. Or, maybe I've learned that getting upset costs valuable energy.

Ketsuko, you seem to be undergoing a change in personality. You seem a little more confident and outspoken. I'm glad you're here. (I'm still waiting for that lurker to break down and make an appearance.)

Expat888, I've been thinking about your willingness to take a U2U from me. I think it would be a good idea. The young un's should always check with the old hands for advice.

Guohua, I admire your persistence and eternally happy presence. (Not to mention the menus and the drinks.) I wonder if I should find a Chinese nickname. Something like "Shadow Che" or "Bent to Ground Tree" or "Last Bird." Have any ideas?

But if nothing else, I'm pretty thirsty. Maybe something I can drink a liter or two of and still stand?
edit on 25-9-2014 by charles1952 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll tone it down if you aren't liking it. I'll tell you what it is:

By nature I'm a fairly shy person and tend to hang back in any new situation. I also tend to maintain a more formal tone in most Internet forums because it helps reduce misperceptions of what I'm trying to say with most people. But if I feel familiar with the other personalities I'm dealing with, I'll start to be less formal as I get more comfortable and show more of my personality.

On ATS at large, I doubt I'd ever get that informal. There are just always going to be too many people hanging around that I'm not ever going to be comfortable enough with, and there will always be those who are going to be hostile no matter what.

And now for a moment of zen. One thing I love about these guys is how happy and transported they look when they play. Most musicians look so concentrated, but these guys look positively transported, like they're on a whole other plane.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, no. Don't worry, I like the change. It's a good thing, keep it up. Can I get you something from the bar?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Something that'll make me sleepy 'cause it's my bedtime.

I need to be turning in. I have a busy day tomorrow between extra work, packing, leaving for my folks for the football game on Saturday, viewing on Sunday, and then my grandfather's funeral on Monday morning. A decidedly odd combination of events for a weekend.

Make sure you all keep the bar tended and tell everyone I said, "Hi and take care!"

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen
Thank you, but we were 15 years younger then.
Wouldn't think of trying it now,,,, to old, my husband is Crazy enough to though.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
My dear Friend, for all the people you have been so patient with during your replies on various threads
and your always there to help a friend.
Ok, this would be pronounced,

róngyì jīngshén rén = Easy Spirit Man = 容易精神的人

Yes, you have a kind Easy Spirit.

edit on 26-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
How late is the bar open? I don't get off work for a few more hours and after this day will need a drink.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247
It will be open very late by my standards, but then I'm in the wrong time-zone.
I'm fairly certain it doesn't run by British licensing hours, anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So, I had to share the hazards of my job ... You would think that being an editor is usually pretty safe. BIG MISTAKE!

One of my tasks is to check the spellings of authors and titles to make sure they're spelled correctly and all check out. Imagine my surprise this morning when I did a check and this (mildly NSFW) is what came up. The bookstore in question is having a local author signing ... I can't imagine they're going to have a table of those right inside the door.

My reaction when I actually realized what I was seeing was to blurt out, "Oh! Naked man!" and my office is silent as the grave. When I looked around, naturally everyone is staring at me. All I can say is TGIF as everyone was in the mood to laugh at it, but I can well imagine the reaction if the company CEO happened to be walking past my desk at that moment.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
How late is the bar open? I don't get off work for a few more hours and after this day will need a drink.

It'll be open all night.
I'll be tending to the bar here in Phoenix tonight starting a 11:30 pm Western Time Zone until at lest 05:00 am.
I'm here assisting a Dear Friend with her health problems.

Please stop by.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua
I'll be here for a while too (coffee needed). Thread-nursing again, but I think it's a quiet one this time.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Oh, Oh, My Goodness,

I can see your Surprise
, so he has to write a book about being Naked

WoW, just WoW, any thing to make money, I mean what do you say about being Naked?
" It was Cold to." " It was Hot to day, People Stared at Me."

' Today I was arrested."

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Just put out the meals for tonight's group and I should be out of here in about an hour. What do you recommend for a drink?

I don't like sugary drinks, but I do like spicy. Bloody Mary's sound good, but so does a sizzilin' Rattler.

Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm glad you got through the shock. I (of course) followed your link. I wondered why the people on the cover looked (to be polite) of no more than average attractiveness I looked elsewhere on the page and found this:

Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed:

Fun in the Sun: Nudist and Naturist Living

There are so many ways to go with that.

Well, it's been in the 80's today (27 to 29 for you Celsius fans) and I would like something cold and stiff. (No, I don't want a corpse, or my ex-wife) I was thinking of a Long Island Iced Tea, or Gin and Tonic, but I don't want to get into a rut. I'll take a suggestion, though.

I'll probably have a bunch of them. I have to stay up late tonight because of nervousness. We have a soccer skill competition planned for tomorrow morning, for kids 9-14. They'll be coming from miles away, and it's my show. I never rest well before an event.

So, I'll listen to the 12 Girls Band (old) and see what the night brings. Heck, I might even try a little dance. Note to guohua: remember that music video you posted a while back? I won't even be in the same building as something like that, sorry.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Tonight will be my Turtle Soup and here's why.
Turtle soup is highly recommended by Traditional Chinese Medicine as the best possible medicine to revive failing kidneys. The kidneys control every organ in the body, especially the heart and the pancreas. Weak kidneys can cause high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, and Type II diabetes. When your kidneys are completely failing, you have two choices: turtle soup or a kidney transplant.
Now I will not use many Spices, so, I'll have a variety of Spice's on it table for your own pleasure.
Now, as for drinks, turtle soup is best with a Dark Bark Tea or Beer or Rice Wine.
Of-Course Water also.

You should also know it takes two days to make Turtle Soup and it is Ready Now!
Oh, Turtle soup also has Chicken with it and a Chicken broth.
I'll attach how it was made.
To make turtle soup, you will need a huge stainless steel pot, big enough to hold a ceramic pot placed inside it.
All the ingredients for the soup, including a live turtle may be bought at some super markets or Asians Markets, In Arizona, I have to Order my Turtles from California.
The clerk at the market will chop the live turtle into pieces with a huge cleaver, and then package it up.

It will take a minimum of two days to prepare and cook the soup.
First, you start by making a broth from a whole chicken and some Chinese herbs.
You will need a third pot for the broth.
The chicken and the herbs must cook for a minimum of 8 hours. Then you put the turtle, shell and all, inside the ceramic pot and cover the turtle with the chicken broth.
Place the ceramic pot, filled with the turtle and the broth, inside the stainless steel pot and fill the stainless steel pot up to within one inch of the top of the ceramic pot. The turtle soup must cook for a minimum of 12 hours, but longer cooking is better.
After a few hours of cooking, you can remove the ceramic pot and place the turtle soup inside your refrigerator, then continue cooking it the next day, if you do not want to stay up all night watching the soup.
This is What I did for you all my friends.
So, Very Tender and Fresh and Healthy.

The actual Process and ingredients. Well,,,, some of my Secrets!!!!!
Make a broth from these ingredients:
1. One ounce Dioscorea (Shen Yao)
2. One and a half ounces Radix Astragali (Huang Qi)
3. One and a half ounces Codonopsis Pilosula (Dang Shen)
4. One half ounce Medlar (Qi Zhi)
5. 8 dried Chinese dates
6. One whole chicken with feet removed. Include the liver, heart, gizzard and neck in the broth.

When the broth is done, remove the chicken meat and the bones, but not the herbs.
Put the chopped up turtle (including the shell) into the ceramic pot and fill the pot, up to one inch from the top, with the chicken broth.
Place a towel or some chop sticks on the bottom of the stainless steel pot so that the ceramic pot does not touch the bottom of the stainless steel pot.
Pour water into the stainless steel pot, and allow the soup to simmer inside the ceramic pot for 12 hours at least. Do not allow the water in the stainless steel pot to get into the ceramic pot, which has a small hole in the lid. Cover the stainless steel pot with a tight-fitting lid and allow the soup to simmer for up to 7 days.

Yes, you can Simmer up to Seven Days and drink the Broth for your Health!!! Now Read the Health Properties I list for you.

To serve the soup, remove the pieces of turtle shell. You may also remove the turtle meat. You do not have to eat the turtle meat, as all of the medicinal properties will be in the broth. The amount of broth that you are required to drink depends on how much you boil it down. Normally, about 12 ounces of broth will be enough to have a good effect on your kidneys.
Turtle soup can be eaten once a month until your kidneys recover. For people who don’t have weak kidneys, the soup can be eaten once a year to maintain good health.
How will you know if your kidneys have improved, after you have eaten the soup? A TCM doctor can tell you how well your kidneys are working. When your kidneys are working the way they should, you will have not have to get up at night to go to the bathroom, and you will have no tell-tale symptoms of failing kidneys, like dry mouth. You will have renewed energy and your blood pressure, and blood sugar, will be normal.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So, I'll listen to the 12 Girls Band (old) and see what the night brings. Heck, I might even try a little dance. Note to guohua: remember that music video you posted a while back? I won't even be in the same building as something like that, sorry.

Charles, you enjoy your music?
I hope you stop by to join us for some supper,,,,,,容易精神的人 = Easy Spirit Man

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Just got home and I am ready for a bowl of soup and I'll take a 酒杯 of rice wine, please. (Hope that is the correct word
)

FYI: I am an executive chef and I enjoy seeing other people's recipes. It broadens my knowledge base and teaches me things that I may not learn in my daily chores.

May just have to make this soup, as I am "pre-diabetic" and my doctor did say that it must be kept in check or my kidneys could suffer.

Thank you so much and I will wait patiently for your creation.

ETA: Is the chicken you used organic?
edit on 9/26/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Wow! What a recipe! How about if I go down to Burger King and order a half dozen of their double cheeseburgers? I suspect that will have an impact on my health as well.

I do like the music you've posted here and on my wall. It's almost medicinal in itself. I thank you for sharing it. It helps open my mind and senses. (Although I don't know how much of a good thing that is.)

The avatar I have is one that was almost forced on me. I'll show you the one I picked for myself, but after a while, some one from Avatar Creations told me it was no good and I had to use the one they found. Being a compliant guy, I took it, but I kind of miss my original. Here it is:

I feel very comfortable with it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Hey sheepslayer247, I didn't know you had a medical condition. I'm sorry to hear it. I suppose your doctor told you always to agree with older men named Charles, in order to keep your blood pressure down and your system healthy. I'll be happy to help you with that, it's just the kind of guy I am, no need for thanks.

I see you've ordered a 55 gallon drum of rice wine. (I may have mistranslated that.) Let me know when you need a drive home. I'll know I'm close when I hear the trucks going up and down your street.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I was diagnosed with diabetes sometime over the last year. I've changed my eating habits quite a bit and I have been able to control my blood sugar without the need for the prescription the doctor gave me.

I've lost a lot of weight, but it's hard to move too much further in that area. I am a stocky guy. (Played football for many years as well as wrestling...plus other sports that will bore you to pieces)

Anyway, I always listen when you speak. Not only will your words contain a bit of wisdom, but a soothing resonance to heal the soul.

Much respect.....and help me finish this barrel, I can only take so much.

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join