It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Oh May,,,Another thread, you're going to Drive those people Insane with Hate!
From what I could tell, their heads were getting ready to Burst!

Good Luck,,, You need more coffee?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua
Coffee would be an excellent idea. Some toast and marmalade.
Actually the next one will be less controversial, and I'll be lucky to get any reaction at all. The reaction that time round was unusually violent, because I was responding to one of their favourite points of criticism.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Coffee would be an excellent idea. Some toast and marmalade.

My sister-in-law is visiting from England (lives northeast of London in Chelmsford) and was nice enough to bring me some marmalade and jam! Now I just need to buy some bread, lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen
Was it Robertson's marmalade?
I'm old enough to remember the Robertson's "golliwog" figure- now banned, of course.

P.S. So she's an Essex girl? Ask her about "Essex girl" jokes.

edit on 24-9-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

No, they are "Tiptree" from Wilkin & Sons in Essex.

She's actually from here, but moved to England a long time ago after marrying a guy she met in the Peace Corps. She gets back here once a year or so for several weeks, but her husband really dislikes America (mostly Americans, I gather,) so he hasn't been here in decades.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I just sort of surveyed that thread I think.

It was the one about sacrifice. Yes?

There are some unpleasant people running around in the Religion forums.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
That's the one.
In recent times, though, they've been tending to leave me alone.
I think some of them found that having a go at me was a little too much like banging the head against a brick wall, so they kept away.
I have a hidden combative streak, to be honest, so I can get some enjoyment out of the exercise.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

There are some unpleasant people running around in the Religion forums.

I adopted a new policy a little while back, and it makes the forums much more tolerable. There are some people who are just mean, thickheaded and bitter and will keep arguing with you, even when you've shown them to be wrong, beyond a shadow of a doubt. We all know whose these people are, no need to name names.

My policy is to just ignore them -- I don't respond to their posts anywhere on the site, I don't reply to their arguments against me, and I continue to post in the thread. That effectively ends the argument before it even starts, and I've noticed that some of them don't follow me around as much as they used to.

There is no point in arguing with a person who wallows in ignorance, so don't. Erase 'em from the site, as far as you're concerned.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I know, but after a while, I get tired of the ones who have to actively click to see and read a thread and then accuse someone of "shoving religion" down their throat.

If you don't want to read something ... don't. It's like the people who want conservative talk radio banned. If you don't want to hear it, don't go turning your dial to it. It's a very simple concept.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ketsuko, there's a role model for you. Notice how calm and collected adjensen is? He's on the show tonight, co-hosting, but he displays not a touch of nervousness. The show starts in 2 1/2 hours. I've soaked through about four Depends in the last hour.

I wish I knew his secret.

Adjensen, have you been drinking some of Hernando's good stuff? Is that your secret? Or do you chant mantras? I tend to pace back and forth wringing my hands and repeating "Don't let me screw up, don't let me screw up, don't let me screw up" over and over.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I'm comfortable with my screwups, so nothing to get nervous about

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's so nice to see you again.
How have you been?
It has been awhile, I hope all is well with you.
Would you like a night cap?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
So my friend, What have you been up to, eh?
How's that Grandson of your's doing?

We're doing ok, it's been a long summer here and it hasn't gotten much cooler yet.
We only notice the heat now because of our age's.

Have you talked to Charles lately?
It's getting harder and harder to sleep, I look around and no one is hear, I know you've poke your head in.

My Sweet Dear Wife is asleep and doing well, she's taken care of and plus she has her Acupuncture Lic. and she can always go back to China, where the monies will go further with her managing it.

Yes, I'm tired, had my fill and I'm ready to lay down and let it come.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Good morning, what coffee are we having this morning?
I'd also like my eggs over hard with ketchup.
Thank You

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I have been well, thank you. It is a lovely first week of Autumn here in Minnesota -- leaves are changing, and it's still warm enough to get out and enjoy them.

No drink this morning, apart from a can of Coke Zero. I have important things to do!

Now where's that teevee remote control?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You know, some days you just wander in and want to back right back out again. Somehow today none of the threads look particularly inviting to me.

So I'm just going to drop in here and wave at everyone and go on with my evening.

I hope every one is well.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You too!

I need to find a ridiculously crazy thread for the next episode of the show. If anyone comes across anything along the lines of this: Could Hitler Have Escaped in a Zeppelin(and travelled to the Moon), let me know, okay?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hi, Do you need a Thread or would an actual Crazy Adventure work for you?
Do you think, you'd be interested in a vacation where you could very easily fall to your death?
People from all over the world go there and this has been the main route of travel up the Mountain for Years and just think, They didn't have any real, safety ropes at some time in history.
Oh and think, some one had to crave those foot and hand holds and drive in those iron rods for the wooden planks.

Look up Mount Huashan, in China.

Redditor AdventurousHuman posted the photo of hiking China's Mount Huashan. The trail is one of the most dangerous in the world.
The trails up Mount Hua Shan involve steep staircases, vertical ascents, and a plank trail consisting of wooden platforms bolted onto the mountainside.

Look at article here
My husband and I took this adventure when we fist met.
Here are some video for you and other to look at.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You could also talk about the, Fangweng Restaurant is located in China.
Westerners call it the Hanging Restaurant.

Fangweng Restaurant is located in China, in Hubei Province, about 12km north of the city of Yichang, near Sanyou Cave, or “The Cave of the Three Travelers”. The restaurant is in the Happy Valley of the Xiling Gorge, an especially scenic stretch of cliffs, caves and park land located around the area where the Chang Jiang River flows into the Yangtze. The entrance to the Fangweng Restaurant is an uninspiring grey brick building, but at the far end of a narrow concrete bridge, the restaurant caves into the cliff, the floor hanging several hundred feet above the ground. From this end, customers can view the flowing water of Yangtze River. For the daredevils, a bungee jumping platform is nearby.

Link
This is Very Close to the Province I'm from and it's Very Beautiful.
Good Food To, Of-Course.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It would have to be a thread, and I think I'm going with this one:

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

I enjoy climbing (well, I used to, I'm getting kind of old now,) but those sorts of extreme adventures frighten me. Good on the two of you for not being scared off!

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join