It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Nah, my husband and I are pretty odd. I think the term is soul mates. It's not unusual at all for us to be in conversation and suddenly spout off the same sentence/words at the same time. We are mostly on the same wavelength.

If something is bothering me, he pretty quickly picks it up although he does take longer than I would like at times because he seems to quick about it at others.

He's got a lot on his plate today. His #2 is dealing with some really heavy family stuff on her end (she has a little on with more health challenges than a kid his age should have to deal with and frankly the outcome won't be positive) and last night they were at a seizure study and he coded on them. Then this morning I got a call first thing that my grandfather had passed and I hit him with that. So he's dealing with all of that and a side of rice, the rice being his job sans the backup his #2 provides.

Oh, and my grandfather passed away last night. Honestly, no too surprised. He was ready to go, but the shock is still raw nonetheless. But I think tonight, I'll have that shoulder. I don't think I'll be able to resist. The only question will be if I'll be able to wait until we get our son into bed.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In a proper setting, that's how a husband and wife should be. I hope you get comfort from him.

I don't think there's a reason to death and illness that we'll see here. But there is a role for family and friends. I wish you peace tonight.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hi!

Just popping in to say that I just found out about the hideaway. I'll be reading the 6 or so pages that are already existing and start commenting when I have something worthy of contributing.

Eric

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EricD

EricD!!!! What a treat for us! I'm glad you poked your head in. A bit of advice though, read the OP, and as much of the rest as you care to.

When you're done, come back and I'll buy you a drink. Mrs. G will stop by to talk about dinner and make menu suggestions. I'll be sitting in one of these overstuffed chairs with a cigar.

Don't worry about having anything to contribute, all you have to do is contribute yourself. We look after each other here.

In celebration of your arrival, I think I'll post one of the happiest songs I know.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hi, Charles and Eric, I should probably slow down out there. I've been showing the rough side of my tongue today and in general being a little more brutally blunt than I usually am and enjoying it far too much.

We're working on some sautéed swai fillets and roasted acorn squash for supper over here. I think a nice white wine would go good with that. I'm sure we can manage some extra.

I feel much better now that I'm not here by myself. I think I'll have it out later tonight.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'm glad you're coping, but will Hernando's also be serving swai fillets? If so, what is it? Is it "yucky" and slimy? (I still can't cope with squid, renamed calmari for those with sensitive stomachs.)

Good thing he's back, we're cheering for you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Swai is an Asian catfish. It quite a nice flavor, not fishy at all. In the US, they are more commonly seen as iridescent sharks in the home aquarium which really isn't the proper environment for them. They are listed as endangered, but I'm told they are farmed for both aquarium and for food.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Sounds like quite a delicacy. I hadn't heard of iridescent sharks either. It just doesn't feel right to me to put a shark in an aquarium (unless it holds umptyleben hundred gallons).

It sounds like you'll have a serious night. We're wishing you well.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It's also too bad you can't cope with squid. It's really pretty good, too. The trick is not to overcook it, and it cooks super fast!

Maybe on Halloween the Hideaway can have Squid Butts and Taunton Guts (Vietnamese Stuffed Squid)? You take the tube of the squid and stuff it with a mixture of ground pork, green onions, a bit of fish sauce, seasonings and bean thread noodles. Then you hold it shut with a toothpick and grill/fry 'em till they're done. Then you're supposed to slice them, but we don't because we've found that the effect of biting into one looks something like this:

Just not as juicy.

They taste good though and not remotely slimy, not even with the sauce you make to serve with them.

But they do make a good Halloween food for obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If you make a meatloaf shaped like a head, w/ 2 pearl onions for eyes and diced onion for teeth and then wrap part of it with bacon you can make an awesome scary 'mummy' head for dinner for the kids on Halloween.

Strange post, but there ya go.

Eric

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EricD
If you make a meatloaf shaped like a head, w/ 2 pearl onions for eyes and diced onion for teeth and then wrap part of it with bacon you can make an awesome scary 'mummy' head for dinner for the kids on Halloween.

Strange post, but there ya go.

Eric

Try switching the onion teeth for mushrooms - they'd come out looking like they were rotted.

We put mushrooms in our meatloaf all the time, though.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

My Dear Friend, I am So Very Sorry, to hear of you loss.
Please remember we all care about you and your family.
I just wish I was there to give you a HUG!

OK, Virtual Hug!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

In a proper setting, that's how a husband and wife should be. I hope you get comfort from him.

I don't think there's a reason to death and illness that we'll see here. But there is a role for family and friends. I wish you peace tonight.

Well Said Charles, Very Well Said!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hi, Right Back At ya, EricD and Welcome into our little Hidaway.
Like Charles has said, you don't need to read all those pages of Gibber Jabber, You've already made a contribution by introducing yourself, come on and stay awhile, do you drink, we have a Very Fine Selection of Waters, Beer, Wine, Liquor and other tea's and coffee's.
Then we have our smoking section,,,,,,,Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh, Oh, Oh yes, we're having, Swai
YES!
ketsuko, That is such a perfect meal, what would you like me to bring?
A wine sauce? Angel Hair Noodles? Brown Bird Nest Soup?

Saki, that is the Drink for Swai, Yes!

Charles you will Love This, it will melt in your mouth it's so good.
And yes, the fish is bred to be sold in market place, usually in large ponds and yes aquariums to.
Even in Rice Paddy Fields.

ketsuko, You are a Most Excellent Chef, Roasted Acorn Squash Best idea! So, Very Delicious, The Smell is Wonderful!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yes on the Squid
Deep Fried Baby Squid and Side of Steamed Clams and Beer and a Good Movie!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

You know, I've Never, Ever made a Meatloaf, as a matter of fact, I had my very first bite of meatloaf at a Costco tasty table, I liked it and wanted to buy a package. But I would of been the only person to eat it, my husband Hates Meatloaf and our still live at home daughter is a Strict Vegan, Buddhist.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Where's Expat?
He still out Bump'in and a Grind'in?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Hello, My Friend, How are you, Still fighting the good fight in that thread?
You're a Better Man Than Any Of Us Gunda Din,,,,

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua
No, the excitement has died down now.
I'm tinkering with the wording of the next one.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join