It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
@ Disraeli .. asbestos underwear helps .. or if you need think can dig up a catapult for you ..

And until this weekend I would have said "My threads don't get flamed, nowadays. I've developed some kind of immunity or they find it too much like hard work".
Still, fighting off three people at the same time can be quite exhilarating.
"Come the three corners of the world in arms, and we will shock them".
edit on 22-9-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
Thanks for the appreciation.
I haven't worked out a universal answer to these people, but one of my key tactics has been to give threads a deliberately narrow focus, so that the "off-topic" barriers can go up at the touch of a button. This confounds the "scatter-gun" approach to Bible criticism.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Did you come from a profession which you could teach to others? People already employed in that field needing a few "pro-tips?"

Would it be possible to set up a website showing people how to do things the right way?

You know a lot and have done a lot, it would be a shame to lose that experience.

I've considered hiring myself out to write military personnel evaluations and monthly counselings. Those things seem to be always running late as many don't like writing them or just plain forget about them until they're to late.

Writing bullet comments are a pain when considering some ones future. Though there are already websites to help people writing them as well.

When I was in, I compiled over 200 pages of bullet comments for Raters, Senior Raters and Reviewers. It also covered the many types of evals and was segmented in the various duty categories and whether the service members performance was excellence, success, or needs improvement.

But there is a lot of drama involved in that one piece of paper and if a poorly performing service-member found out that the rater had some one else write it, the eval would be tossed upon appeal.
edit on 22-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Heh... used to make my xo do the paperwork .. never did like paperwork .. preferred to be out in field ..

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Xie xie .. dinner was excellent as always and the rice wine complimented it nicely ..

Hehe the kids keep tell me slow down they cant keep up ..

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Heh... used to make my xo do the paperwork .. never did like paperwork .. preferred to be out in field ..

Same here, I was definitely a field rat, but after I got out of the Active Army and went Reserves, this neanderthal somehow got hired as a Army civilian being a Unit Administrator. It was a learning experience and some how I found that I was pretty good at it. Of course that doesn't mean I liked the job. To much drama.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

TDawgRex, I'm not sure I understand. Is there a reason that can't transfer to the civilian corporate world? Or maybe you could apply it to government after telling the students that no one they will ever run across deserves an "Excellent." The highest grade on a government evaluation sheet should be "Competent," and even that should be capped at 20%.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I've been always pretty blunt during evaluations. And I deem it only fair to the individual that I do it face to face.

I take no pleasure in telling a person how screwed up they are. But I do feel better on telling them how to better themselves. And I always tell them, that it is my opinion alone. What they take away from the counseling is on them.

I hate seeing some one with potential continuing to screw them self over, all because of emotions.

I believe that there is always a fix.

I even helped a individual initiate a congressional inquiry against myself, even though I advised him against it. Turned out he was in the wrong, like I knew he was, But he insisted.

Sometimes, the truth just hurts.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm not very PC. Never have been and never will be.

Me, I have found out, working for the Government is not a good thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

TDawgRex, I'm impressed. What would happen if that kind of evaluation would begin down about third grade. Maybe that's the problem the country has, a difficulty in facing reality. Well, you've elevated yourself to "hero" status. Let me buy you a drink.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Funny that you mention third grade. I actually flunked third grade because I said one time, " FrickingrickingRats" and the teacher tried to cram toilet tissue down my mouth. So naturally, I punched her in the face as she was trying to do so.

Yea...good times.
edit on 22-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I am not a very cry prone person, but since stress is a headache trigger ... I should emote if it will make me feel better.

If I don't emote and stay stressed out, I'll make it worse for myself when the house of cards come down, and it's always a delicate dance between needing to get it off my chest and not needing to.

Usually, I keep my zen pretty well, but when things come along that disrupt my routine ... well it gets dicey.

At any rate, I'm glad to hear that your mother keeps motoring along, Charles. Health is something very rare and precious at her age. My husband's grandmother is about the same, in her 90s and not slowing down much, although they did make her stop driving finally.

Now, does anyone have a nice beer to go with my sandwich? Something that goes well with roast beef, cojack cheese, lettuce, tomato and Dijon mustard ... I'm thinking maybe something dark, but I'm no beer expert. Then, I need to go see what my husband did with my writing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

OK, then, make it two drinks. The man every woman wants, and every boy wants to be like.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I am not a very cry prone person, but since stress is a headache trigger ... I should emote if it will make me feel better.

I'm actually going through that dilemma now. Not the headache thing, but maybe a PTSD thing. It's quite annoying.

I prefer giving PTSD to others, as in "Putting up with Tdawg's [SNIP] Daily." I hate the idea that I am on the receiving end of it though. Crap! I guess it a symptom of getting older.

And I would recommend a whet beer, maybe HoeGardern or some type of crystal Wiesse,
edit on 22-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

For me it's the idea that I'm supposed to be here for them, and not the other way round. So, I keep it to myself when I shouldn't. I know my husband would give me a shoulder, but I feel like he has enough already what with being the breadwinner and all.

Eh, as I mentioned, he'll dig it out sooner or later. He's not totally oblivious like he sometimes seems.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ketsuko, are you sure you're making the right call? First, guys aren't too good at subtle. I believe Stallone said "I'll be subtle, I'm good at subtle." That comment was, of course, followed by three minutes of explosions and flying bodies.

Second, a large number of guys have a protective reflex built in, they want to take care of their women, or those they're really found of. It's seen as somewhat of an honor to fight for a lady.

Your husband might be entirely different, but you could try bringing up the subject gently, and see what happens. Anyway, you're safe here.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think that I'm one of those guys. Ya know, the one who always tries to please his lady to the point of smothering them, putting them upon a pedestal so to speak.

Can't seem to break the cycle though. When ya love some one...ya just love them. Still haven't found the right girl.

But I've come to grips with it. I'm a confirmed bachelor now going on ten years.

And happy for the most part. Loneliness comes and goes, but mostly it goes.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

he's left the Universe in capable hands until he has to take it back from you.

Dear, Charles, Do you believe Women Allow The Responsibilities of Our Universe in be in the Hands of Mere Naive Males
, I don't Think So!!!! Haaaaahahahhahahahahah!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I understand entirely. I suppose you've already seen my reply on the thread itself (that star would not have come from the other participants).

Yes I did Star you post and I star your other post I could understand.
Religion is Not My Strong Point.
But you seem to have a Very Form Grasp of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Xie xie .. dinner was excellent as always and the rice wine complimented it nicely ..

Hehe the kids keep tell me slow down they cant keep up ..

Thank you and What are we having tonight?
Well the cook has a surprise,,,,

Tortellini Alfredo, yes, three cheese Tortellini in Alfredo sauce with Broccoli and if that's not enough to Clog your Arteries.

Lightly Toasted Garlic Bread Covered with Ground Walnuts Nuts.
Served with your choice of Wines, Beers, Saki and My Personnel Favorite, Liquor. Oh, WoW, Tea, Water and or Milk of-course is always at the ready!
There well be after dinner Pipe Tabacco and Cigars on the House for your smoking Pleasure.

edit on 23-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join