It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Yeah, you might be right about the misunderstanding. Maybe I should cut back on the house beer.

Do you think those people could be "emotion junkies," like adrenaline junkies who don't feel alive if their heart isn't going a mile a minute? If so, I wonder, mental health problem? But like you, I don't know why it would happen.

I'm sure it's fascinating, but so is an engine running at 3,000 revs. per minute over the redline. There are lots of places I'd like to be, but standing near one of those is not one of them.

Charles

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
WoW, My Friend, So, Sorry to hear about your experiences with your wives.
I can't imagine
Sorry.

But, you have us, right? Look at that Really Pretty One there in the corner, watching you.
Go ahead, buy her a drink, after you ask her age of-course

How are you tonight? Did you have the Frog Legs and Steamed Rice?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I didn't spell out the background. This was a student romance, which had existed for a couple of months.

a reply to: DISRAELI

Actually, you shouldn't of had to, I just assumed there was more to your relationship.

OK, I agree, you both didn't really know each other will enough for you to be-able to read in between the lines of her note. What it was a two month relationship, you're both in college and young and you have have just how much real life experiences with women and our Quirks?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yeah, you might be right about the misunderstanding. Maybe I should cut back on the house beer.

a reply to: charles1952
Charles, My Hubby just sent a Rum & Coke over to your table,,,, set down and enjoy,,,,,He's Kind Of A Cheap Old BasTar@ so take what you can get!!!!!!!
You're a Good Friend and Our Welcome Drinking Buddy,,, You and Expat888

You quoted Confucius, you know that in the early years, in the time of the New Culture intellectuals of the early twentieth century they blamed Confucianism for China's weaknesses and tired to have all reference to Confucius Banned.
Later, it was considered a Religion an Mao did Seriously Consider Banning it again, but his closet advisers I understand talked him out of that and they introduced Mao's Little Red Book instead which was mandatory reading for All Chinese.
edit on 30-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
you're both in college and young and you had just how much real life experiences with women and our Quirks?

She was my first. She taught me about kissing.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

you're both in college and young and you had just how much real life experiences with women and our Quirks?

She was my first. She taught me about kissing.

OH, My Goodness,,,, Now I completely understand,,,

I'm sure you've found that true Love now and you used that training wisely

Yes, us women are a Fickle'd Sex aren't we? But, you have to admit, we're worth every moment of Confusion

My husband say's the best part is when the Lights goes Out!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
From the Christian viewpoint, all this offers an interesting demonstration of the way God manages a timetable.
In my thread on "How an atheist became a Christian", I mentioned how the proximate cause was the steady persuasion of a Christian girl.
She began this campaign almost immediately after the girl being discussed here had finally dropped me, leaving me psychologically free and open; an event which the second girl could not have known about and would not have thought relevant.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Good afternoon friend .. erm almost evening .. took grandson to park today spent afternoon teaching him aikido then got him an icecream .. making dinner now then going out later to karaoke lounge ..

Ahh forgot they dont offer as much selection on hot sauces at restaraunts there .. usually can find sriricha at most asian markets .. trying remember the name of it theres a chilli sauce they make in taiwan thats quite good as well goes great on nearly everything ..

Nah no offense taken actually it takes quite alot for something to get to me .. then usually wont bother with it and move on to better things .. if got offended by every little thing would never learn anything .. besides lufe to short and valuable to waste ..

Sorry to hear though its good to see you survived what the wife put you through .. seems theres alot that way then theres the rare gems out there who would stand with you through anything .. although most already taken so it limits the search as theyre harder to find ..

Ahh.. a dark beer and cigar sounds good been awhile since had a good dark beer ..

hehe the little girl in the video got the basics of the blackface down good .. it can get very terrifying to be on the recieving end of the blackface ...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Thanks .. is ok .. karma neh .. after the last one finally accepted my fate in that department only thing can figure is owed them debts from past lives that are now paid in full .. plus between my p.t.s.d.. waking up in a cold sweat screaming and shouting orders .. or days without sleeping to avoid the nightmares .. being extremely picky about keeping my house clean ( it can pass full white glove inspection ) .. enjoying a drink or two .. enjoying good cigars .. blaring punk rock and 60's rock on mp3 .. am not an easy person to live with ..

True .. its always good to share a drink with friends .. though these days see most of them during ghost month when they drop in ..

Eh ??? Hadnt noticed her .. hehe its not good manners to ask a ladies age learned that lesson early on ..

Had made gyoza tonight along with salmon .. veggies and rice ..

Heading out in couple hours to karaoke lounge ..

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Thurisaz
Well Hello, I'm glad to see you come by and look around and post, as you can see, friendly folks and a Very Gracious Host.
charles1952 is the Best, my husband and I have the very most respect for him.
He is always thoughtful and truthful in his reply's.

No, No, I promise, you'll see Politic's from me here,,,,,,

Enjoy your wine and I hope your son comes home to you Safe and Healthy and gives his Mother a Hug!

Hi and thanks for the reply. My Son got home at 1am and then I went to bed.
I agree with your comments about Charles1952... it is a great thread !
As for politics, my ex-husband has been staying at my home (on the couch) for 2 nights... he has some work to do. We have been divorced over 10 years and he is very annoying. I woke up at 7 am and he was talking to me about politics. I tried to be polite but ended up saying... in a very polite way... to go away. Sheesh, I had not even had a coffee.

by 9am this morning, I had a glass of wine and have sat out the back most of the day avoiding him. lol

He was supposed to leave tomorrow but he has put some of his things in the spare room ??? And now he says he needs to stay until Tuesday & he is driving my 350 Z convertible!!!!!!!!!! because our Son was using his car.

I wish I wasn't such a push over.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
there is no one at the bar and I am sitting all by myself. Where is everybody?

logging off soon, just waiting for some venison to finish cooking and I can't believe Hernando's is so quiet.

edit on CDT10uSun, 31 Aug 2014 10:20:42 -05002042am242 by Thurisaz because: to add

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Hi there Thuri!

So, I heard someone mention aikido.. I sure do miss that stuff! I was just starting to design a cross between aikido, muay thai, sword arts, and firearms. Never figured out what to call it, but had been teaching various people all the same

Now, I am trying to figure out some way to not be homeless due to medical issues. Amazing how things can change. All of my research has had to take a backseat, and will have to stay that way indefinitely (sadly). At least until I have a home, which would give me a permanent location to do my work. I have learned the hard way that having a research lab that has to constantly be moved is more frustrating than fruitful.

I was thinking about trying to start some type of fundraiser in my family to get some land and an rv that's actually liveable. It seems to be the cheapest option. I think with about 50k, I can not only get a permenanent lab and all the needed equipment, but also a place to plant roots. In the grand scheme of things, its not that much I guess, but it seems miles away. It doesn't help that I know some people in my family are actively working against me.

So, I guess in many ways I have failed in my mission, though not all of it was under my control. Hopefully I can get back on track, because its incredibly important work.. but I will have to rely on others generosity. Something which I do not like because it doesn't seem to really exist. Ironically, what I am working on would solve my own problem, but its difficult to make progress when focus needs to be placed on shelter, food, and medical needs.

I made a calculated risk in trying to get everything done to help others *and* myself, but it seems to have backfired. Very frustrating.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Hey, everybody! Sorry I got here so late, but it is Sunday you know.

Our parish was installing a new pastor, and he asked us to provide an honor guard. It was quite a sight, either foolish or inspiring depending on your mood, I guess. We had at least 20 guys with swords, capes, baldrics, and chapeaux. We marched in procession, saluted the priest and altar, and add a real splash of color and ceremony.

It ran a little long, and I just got home and took off the tuxedo which is the basic part of the uniform that everything else gets attached to. I've been told by more than one of the sweet old ladies that make up the sewing circle that I look quite dashing and handsome. But, then, I've always been good with women under 7 and over 70.

But, I am pretty warm, and Sunday or not, I think I'll order up a Gin and Tonic.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Dear Serdgiam, I'm really sorry to hear about the medical and financial swamp you're in. It seems that more and more people are suffering every day. I'm not talking politics here, but i really don't like the way things have been going. Maybe it's fear mongering, but I can't believe "The economy is improving," and "We've added umptyleben jobs."

There's too much suffering. Oh, I know it's nothing like Expat888's seen, but sometimes it's all I can do to hold it together when I consider family, friends, acquaintances, even strangers, suffering daily. Man, I'm getting gloomy here, Hey bartender! Another Gin and tonic and see if my friends would like anything at all.

I was thinking about this man-woman business and when I was driving home I heard a bit from a radio program. Made me sit up, it did.

The idea was that a lot of problems, including suicide, mass shootings, all sorts of acting out, are because we're alone. We've got cell phones and twitter and facebook, but we don't have people. We need others, and a continual absence of them tends to drive people nuts. One thing they pointed out was that in the 1960s, when everybody could buy a gun, there was one school shooting, from one a decade to over a hundred a decade. And who gets caught? The happy captain of the football team with girls all over and friends who admire him? Or the lonely nerd who's never had a friend and feels rejected by all the other students (especially by all the girls)?

I saw a couple, looked to be in their 30's, at dinner a couple of months ago. Man and woman, my guess married. They were dining by themselves, and they were both on their cell phones! Even when with a loved one we figure out ways to be alone.

I wonder if Hernando's can be the beginning of a small attempt at a cure. We're all opening our hearts to each other, I can't even express the enormity of that. Especially here, which is becoming known to me as Always Tearing and Screaming.

If, in your travels, you find some one who belongs here, please invite them.

Ooops! Here come the drinks. Our State Fair is ending this weekend, so I think I'll order a couple of Hernando's famous corn dogs to mark it's passing.

Charles

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
HI, I'm glad to hear your son made it home safe, put the ex husband thing has to be annoying.
That sounds like he just Assumes you wouldn't mind at All if he just, Took more of Your Space and Not To Mention Your Personnel Space, He Came into Your Bedroom?

Your Divorced and he comes into Your bed and sets down and wakes You!
This Man NUTS!
Sorry, I'm reacting so Strongly, But you Divorced him and that means, In Your House, He is a Guest and Should Act Accordingly!
Again, Sorry, just my Asian way of thinking,,,,I hope you set down with your EX and explain to him, this is my home now and your my guest. Don't assume and don't push my good nature.

Again, just my opinion, you now the current situation better than me, if your OK with him, then as your friend, I'm OK with him too, With Reservations!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

For me, its ironic in a morbid way. I was taken down by the very problem I was attempting to solve! I had spent all the time I could muster inventing new technologies as well as frameworks for not only distribution, but constant advancement by the community (kind of an evolution of open source). I thought I could get it all done in the time I had, but I was wrong. C'est la vie, eh?

So, now, I am just hoping to meet my own basic needs. The very thing that keeps the entire world at bay. I'm hoping that others have been working on similar technologies, because they would change everything. As for my own work, it will never see the light of day outside of the family at this point. But, I am confident I can complete most of it, even if its from under a bridge. There are quite a few brilliant minds trapped behind a wall of poverty though. Maybe someday that will change.

Its definitely eye-opening to find myself in that very position though. I think that it will be a good learning opportunity and allow me to see rock-bottom for myself. In the end, I think it will make be a better person if I approach it correctly. We will find out!

Additionally, I have hope that we will all start to see that we are defining ourselves with our technology. I think that is the source of some of the 'new' behaviors cropping up. I have been told that its actually obsolete to talk with someone face to face, so its not just mindless tech addiction in some cases. In those, its actually a conscious decision and I think that is an important distinction. Another one of those behaviors that I find fascinating but perplexing!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Our Very Good friend, it's so good to read your enjoying your Grandson.
Now, remember, he not old enough yet for the Ladies and the drinks with the funny umbrellas!

Just kidding
You're the Best!

My husband as you know also suffers from p.t.s.d from his two tours in Vietnam.
you remember the thread you and he and other Vets contributed music to, you started the thread for your Love of Jazz.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
He enjoyed that.
Like you and mr. g. have mentioned in the past, yes, you do get to talk with your old comrades, people don't understand that.

Please have a Drink on us and tell your grandson hello for us to.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The idea was that a lot of problems, including suicide, mass shootings, all sorts of acting out, are because we're alone. We've got cell phones and twitter and facebook, but we don't have people.

You know Charles, I see your point, but I want to offer this up, many Elderly people, I'm talking older than my husband and myself, ( we're old ) don't understand or use this Technology.
Example: My husband, his Mother died 20 years ago at age 71 leaving his Father alone.
They'd been married and inseparable for over 55 years.
The first thing we do, move L J in with us so he's not alone, he's 72 then, my husband builds for him, His own apartment attached to or home in our back yard.
So, now, L J ( His Dad ) has his own, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom & shower and living room with a door and intercom system to our home if he needs us.
He has no cell phone, no computer just his tv and books and his car to good shopping.

L J died this March 5th after loses his wife 20 years ago. He lived for another 20 years when my husband Swore he won't live with out HER a year.
Why, because, he was Never, Ever Alone, Yes, he had his Privacy and his own time to do the things he wanted to do, But, myself and my husband made sure we included L J in our life.
We even gave him little chores to do, like set out the two trash cans on trash day and made it sound like with out him and his help, our lawn and trees would never get the attention and water if it wasn't for him and his help.

His heart finally gave out to a blood clout, he Loved his Sea Salt and his Seven Bean Soup with Pork and Corn Bread.
We miss him yes, But, cell phones and TV and even this Computer is not our life.
Men and Women are forgetting a little of what the Warmth of Human touch Feels Like Today I think some times.

Anyway,,, Sorry, Just my thinking on the subject,,,,, lets have a Gin & Tonic, I drink all my drinks at room temperature
my husband will take one ice cube please.
Thank You

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I was just thinking about you guys, and wondering who should I write to first. Then I was hit with a wave of sadness.

Expat888 with his experiences, dreams, and former colleagues who return to be more real than the rest of the world.

Guohua, with a life in Communist China and a husband with PTSD.

Serdgiam, with a truly original and gifted mind (he's shown me some of his ideas), beaten down without even a place to stay and a mountain of medical bills.

Thurisaz, doubting herself, "I wish I wasn't such a push over."

I'm crushed under your sorrows and difficulties, and humbled by your strengths in keeping on.

But then, I'm proud. You all choose to spend some time sharing and I get to be part of it. What greater honor can I ever have? Where does Hernando keep those tissues?

Thanks. Let me shake your hands. I'll treasure this.
edit on 31-8-2014 by charles1952 because: format

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Thanks for the example, that's what I mean. It's different for everyone, but the feeling "I'm by myself and mean nothing to anybody" is a real crusher. I'm happy you were able to give him that contact and that love. You probably gave him at least fifteen years of life.

You and Mr. guohua are good people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join