It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Chill........have a drink.......contemplate.....exist

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, man, ketsuko. I'm sorry to hear you're hurting. If you feel up to it, could you explain it to me, because I don't understand. I've got it that you have a bone spur (whatever that is), but you're taking muscle relaxants? That's where I get confused. Bone? Muscle? Both?

Get better quick.

Basically, I have a problem with the nerve canals in my C5 C6 vertebrae. They aren't wide enough for the nerve on my left side. I had neck surgery a long time ago because they initially thought I had a herniated disc cutting off the nerve, but it was just that the canal wasn't wide enough.

It worked really great for a lot of years, but I have since developed a bone spur at the site of the surgery. So, most days I have some kind of nervous effect in my left shoulder/arm/chest/neck. Most times, it's silent like a minor muscle spasm or an incessant muscle twitch, but every so often, I catch it wrong and pinch the heck out of the nerve or just tweak it a little, and then I have painful muscle spasms or shooting nerve pains. And it can trigger migraines too if it goes up my neck.

And because I have chronic migraine, I can't use narcotic pain killers for it, so I have to try to keep the muscles relaxed. I use a lot of heat most times, and on days when it really gets to me, I use low dose muscle relaxers. Most times, I live with it. It's actually a lot easier to deal with than the migraines are, so those bad boys have finally done something positive for me.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Hey, Bassago, sorry to bother you again, but I've been avoiding the Ukrainian threads. My mother's family is Ukrainian as far back as you care to go, and they still remember the starvation. But, I'm curious. What's there still to be done on Ukraine? I thought (based on very little information) that Russia was winding up a pretty successful campaign without taking much damage.

Another fait accompli ?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Hey Charles, how ya doing? (just greeting, I just read how you're doing.
)

So you asked:

2. Which way to bet? What will we believe?

"What will we believe?" The word "will" is very telling and seems appropriate. I don't want to believe in a god simply because I've seen too much death and misery and more death. If I then allowed myself to believe I'd have to believe god was a monster. And I don't want to believe that god is a monster.

That's about it. I used to believe before the death and misery overwhelmed it.

Edit - Ukraine seems to be pretty divided between the east and west. I think the eastern Russian speaking Ukrainians were getting or going to get royally screwed over by the new pro western regime.

Crimea seems like the anchor that Russia is hoping to reach and create a land lane all the way from Russia to Crimea. I doubt the eastern Ukrainians will join Russia though they might but the fighting still seems heavy at Mariupol and Kiev is loath to lose it. Once/if they do lose it I think the pro Russians will push all the way to Crimea.

Then Kiev will have to negotiate a non-state type status with them, so basically Russia looks to score. Plus they may be a ble to keep the EU and IMF from plundering the resources of the east. Just my perspective from watching that mess.
edit on 116pm5555pm82014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Oh, that's ok. I usually don't have much or anything important to say anyway.
As for the flaw seekers, I think it's resentment on their part and it's easier for them to point out about others than to fix themselves

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Just asking out of medical ignorance. Can they go back in and grind or cut away some of the bone in the spur? Or, is that too risky?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I know you're a broad minded fellow, but you're also a friend and i don't want to cause any discomfort, so hit me with a beer mug when I go too far. I'm not known for my tact.

"What will we believe?" The word "will" is very telling and seems appropriate. I don't want to believe in a god simply because I've seen too much death and misery and more death. If I then allowed myself to believe I'd have to believe god was a monster. And I don't want to believe that god is a monster.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Somehow, I came to believe that people were doing these abominations to other people, and God wasn't doing it. I know that I've cried through the night, sometimes about my situation, sometimes about others', "God why don't You stop this? Why don't you fix it? I don't want anybody to hurt any more, that's enough!"

Then, when the tears are dry, He asks me if I really want Him to stop all the bad things, eliminate the bad consequences, prevent all pain and suffering. It takes a long time to answer Him, but I give Him an answer.

edit on 8-9-2014 by charles1952 because: bracket problem

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Just asking out of medical ignorance. Can they go back in and grind or cut away some of the bone in the spur? Or, is that too risky?

I was just thinking this.
The whole bone spur thing sounds so terrible, i hope they can do something about it for you

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

As for the flaw seekers, I think it's resentment on their part and it's easier for them to point out about others than to fix themselves

Don't you just love that in people.. not. It never ceases to amaze me how many people choose to ignore the beam in their own eye while they pick at others. Don't know why it's such a big deal to them, we all have flaws. I have bags of them.

They're for sale, cheap too.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Dear EyesOpenMouthShut,

I don't think that I've done this before, but I'm going to give an Hernando the mildest scolding that I can.

Oh, that's ok. I usually don't have much or anything important to say anyway.

Saying a lot or a little is a matter of personal style, go on as you'd like. But the idea that you don't have anything important to say, worries me a little.

One thing about being an Hernando is that we can be open with each other. Whatever you have to say, tells us about you. My rock solid belief is that there is nothing more important in the world than an individual human. Anything you wish to share is a bit of treasure. Share what you will, there's no pressure. But everything you do say to us is vitally important.

That's the end of my mild scolding. I'm glad you're here. Hip, Hip, Hooray!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

All right Charles, I'll take my scolding and raise you a......Whatever this guy is
because it has crazy eyes and i have no idea when i would ever use this thing.

@Bassago: I would not buy that for a dollar. mm nope

And this just because

edit on 9/8/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You say it has crazy eyes? Well, is my face red! I thought it was a green bikini.

You're right about the bag of faults, our own are quite enough, thank you.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Maybe if it gets bad enough, but right now, no.

@ Bassago, I understand that about your belief. I'm sure you've read my explanation before, too. We have free will here, and most of the bad things that happen are a product of that free will. If God stepped in and saved us constantly, free will would ultimately be meaningless even though the consequences are extremely unpleasant.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Don't you just love that in people.. not. It never ceases to amaze me how many people choose to ignore the beam in their own eye while they pick at others. Don't know why it's such a big deal to them, we all have flaws. I have bags of them.

They're for sale, cheap too.

Heh, I love watching people do stuff like that. Trust me, if I wanted to, I could make myself the most horrid grammar Nazi ever, but it's just not worth it.

1.) I don't want to spend my time nit-picking all my posts to make sure they're as close to perfect as I can make them.
2.) I consider this to be informal communication. While I prefer people to put forth enough of an effort that they're legible, I'm not trying to be perfect, so why should I expect perfection in others?
3.) I get paid to try to make everything perfect. I AM not bringing my work home where I am not paid. I don't love it that much.

And it serves no purpose except to try to delegitimize another poster in your mind and everyone else's. Look at him ... he can't even properly use apostrophes, who cares what his opinion is even if it does happen to be well-reasoned?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Just use this on the next bad grammar poster you see. It'll save on the typing.

Think I may actually make an avatar out of old Darth there.

Edit to add - Holy cow! Seeker just sent me this link to a breaking story from M Obama. You won't believe it. I'm not sure if he's making a thread but he should.

Holy Cow!

I've got a sneaking suspicion.
edit on 160pm4040pm92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I just read the article, LOL
Watch it be something about some kind of legislation and not at all about the 1st lady being the 1st ladyboy

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Now that I'm back in my chair sipping my room temperature Rum & Coke, ketsuko, I want to address your earlier post about your husband being really religious but not pushy or demanding.

That's really interesting to me, when I actually met people that are religious.
You see, I often remember my best friends parents, they where Catholic's I think, they shared the community kitchen with us in the Apartment I lived in when I was young.

There where eight families in a three story apartment building, four two bed room apartments down stairs and the middle floor was the common area kitchen and shower and bathroom and the top floor was the other four two bedroom apartments.
We were lucky, we cooked indoors and showered and used the bathroom indoors, all our parents were Professors at the University.

I sorry, I digress ,,,,, OK, I remember this Very Clearly, My best friend and I had not yet started to attend school all day.
So our Grand Parents watch us play on the stairs every day, One day we came home from school and the Morality Police are at our apartment, I'm worried, I'm feeling sick, did they find my forbidden comic books?

No, my girlfriends are crying and the Morality Police are asking my friend questions she can not answer, then I see a Book and she Nods her Head and They take her Away and I never See or Hear of Her Again

The Book, was a Bible my father said, they were Catholics, somebody in our Apartment building had turned them into the Morality Police.
My father said they'd go to a Reeducation Camp and then be released. But I found out years later that not all were Reeducated, Some were just Executed!
For religion, So, I hope to see you post Often my friend,,,,,,,,,

OH, I should add, if Reeducation did work and they were released, Neither parent or my friend would ever been allowed to Teach Ever Again, they would have been shipped to a Collective Farm.

Yes, I remember my age, I was 5 years old.
Let's have another Round bar keep and God Bless America!
edit on 8-9-2014 by guohua because: to put in some spacing.....

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I can't imagine a situation where I'd throw a beer mug at you Charles even if you said something horrific. I'd just assume it was a mistake.

Then, when the tears are dry, He asks me if I really want Him to stop all the bad things, eliminate the bad consequences, prevent all pain and suffering. It takes a long time to answer Him, but I give Him an answer.

Some tears never dry it seems, at least not in this reality. If god asked me that question I would answer immediately. Yes make it stop! I don't care anymore about things like free will or eternal plans but would just settle for having those lost family members back though it will never happen. Even if it did it could never wipe away all the pain and trauma.

And that's why I choose double Jack Daniels on ice with a slash of Coke.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

yes, Acupuncture Does Work and I'm thinking,,,,,@ ketsuko , your chronic migraine, ask Expat to, See and Acupuncturist and an Herbalist, they can treat your Chronic Migraine's.
Hell,,,, I treat my self with herbs for my Hormonal imbalance with my menopausal symptoms.
Trust me, My Husbands is a Much, Much Happier Man

@ Expat, Yes with your skills, and where you stay most of the time, doesn't the majority of your patents or the people who come to you prefer the Old Ways?
Like Cupping, Acupuncture, Meditation, Muscle and Joint Massage, thermotherapy ( Hot Stone ) and Herbal, Or do they want Two Aspirins and a Shot of Whiskey!!!

Your husband a very lucky man you know acupuncture and able to treat his old injuries it will keep him in good shape and far better health than most his age

My Friend he has to Take Care Of MY NEEDS
My Needs Are Great!

edit on 8-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I usually don't have much or anything important to say anyway.

That's Bull Sh&t
Your replies and comment are Always Welcomed Here and Your A Valued Contributor!
Your Taste in Music is Good Too!
you'll always have a place reserved at Hernando's Hideaway,,,

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join