It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunkin' Donuts Worker's Death Reveals The True Cost Of Our Low-Wage, Part-Time Economy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The same sinister controllers of the reservoir (macro economy) have convinced some that welfare checks and food stamps given to little people are responsible for the poisoning the economy

This is not the case

All that does is distract people from seeing the reality of those that poison the reservoir ( macro economy) actions'

edit on 29-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: beezzer
I think one of the things we need to do is phase out Social Security.

Put the onus of retirement on the backs of the people who are actually going to retire.

If that safety net isn't there, people will focus on what they are actually making/spending/saving/earning and plan for their own darned futures instead of relying on government.

Social security is paid for from the tax paid by the workers, did you do economics at school?

Yeee-ees, I am aware of that. (rolling eyes)

What's your point?

Get rid of Social Security and the "worker" will automatically HAVE MORE MONEY!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

I am sorry to dis agree with you . It is not her choice for 4 jobs its the structure of the current job market.

As for getting good skills to get a good job see above. My previous job I worked as a foreman/job supervisor for construction. You have no idea how many degrees have shoveled dirt under my direction , carrying sod for landscaping DDS. , Dr , Phds washing down sidewalks or just a gopher . Would they be doing that if a opening was available ?

They weren't doing it for health , they got a better work out than any spa would give maybe we should have charged them.

Times are tough .

edit on Friday201449315883110America/Chicago29 by Lostinthedarkness because: wrong word

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The source of your dogma was created from the Banksters swindle of 2207-8
I wonder do you even know that?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The problem with the macro economy (the thing we ALL feed off) is not the pittance of welfare and food stamps going to the poor it’s those rich folks who mold and shape the macro economy to it’s own selfish desires that cater to the few and enslave the many.

link   
I don't get the thread title at all. Anyone can be overcome by gasoline fumes. You don't have to be poor and working four part-time jobs. Poverty caused the gasoline to spill? Tragic story of course but I think it a stretch to say being poor directly caused her death.

link   

Put the onus of retirement on the backs of the people who are actually going to retire.

If that safety net isn't there, people will focus on what they are actually making/spending/saving/earning and plan for their own darned futures instead of relying on government.

Social security is paid for from the tax paid by the workers, did you do economics at school?

What's your point?

I want more money. Pretty sure I would invest it better and get more of a return. Even if it ment simply buying and paying off a house to retire in. Man, what I could do with 20 thousand dollars a year for life if I didn't have taxes and ss

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

What's your point?

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt that eradicating Social Security would miraculously cause gov't to start taking less out of our paychecks...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

What's your point?

I'm with you on this.

Now, let's take it a step further: Get rid of federal income tax.

Looking at my wife's pay stub and comparing her Gross pay with her "take home" pay after taxes and SS.....we would be able to provide a LOT more if that money was not being consumed by the feds.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The problem with the macro economy (the thing we ALL feed off) is not the pittance of welfare and food stamps going to the poor it’s those rich folks who mold and shape the macro economy to it’s own selfish desires that cater to the few and enslave the many.

So, what is your thoughts on how to deal with the rich people to get what we have coming?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think all this death reveals is the true cost of not having proper ventilation. If you don't like your situation, what are you doing to change it? Complaining? Asking for handouts and still not changing?
edit on 29-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Why don’t you folks focus on the macro economy… that behemoth we all suck like a cub?

This individual thing is primarily the resulting effect of what is going on from the macro economy in which has been poisoned.

Before the present day murderers of the macro economy got their grubby hands on our necks one could find a decent job and even afford college. In fact one could, back in the day, even work one self through college…not now!

One would have to work 6 full time jobs to work themselves through college, an impossibility

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I think all this death reveals is the true cost of not having proper ventilation. If you don't like your situation, what are you doing to change it? Complaining? Asking for handouts and still not changing?

Open a window?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Why don’t you folks focus on the macro economy… that behemoth we all suck like a cub?

This individual thing is primarily the resulting effect of what is going on from the macro economy in which has been poisoned.

Before the present day murderers of the macro economy got their grubby hands on our necks one could find a decent job and even afford college. In fact one could, back in the day, even work one self through college…not now!

One would have to work 6 full time jobs to work themselves through college, an impossibility

Cool, you nailed down the problem. Now, what in your thoughts is the solution?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

It’s a metaphor for a poor and tired person working so hard they fall asleep and kill themselves accidentally

The metaphor points to our sick macro economy where people today are forced to overwork….Or in a sense work themselves to death

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Wow I usually find your posts at the very least funny. But this is disgusting of you. Making the death of a woman into a political issue. Great job. Pat yourself on the back. Talking about getting rid of the entitlement generation in a thread about a woman who had four jobs. Maybe you should take your theories into a thread about that.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The source of your dogma was created from the Banksters swindle of 2207-8
I wonder do you even know that?

I had no idea of the bankster swindle of 2207.

What I do know is that relying on government hasn't worked out too well for those that have placed ther trust and faith in said government.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

She was trying to changer her situation. By working four jobs. Yeah that is complaining. Another disgusting post. Trying to turn this into a political issue.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Wow I usually find your posts at the very least funny. But this is disgusting of you. Making the death of a woman into a political issue. Great job. Pat yourself on the back. Talking about getting rid of the entitlement generation in a thread about a woman who had four jobs. Maybe you should take your theories into a thread about that.

I'm actually looking for ways to prevent more deaths and looking for solutions instead of having a woman work at 4 service industry jobs.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

I'm actually looking for ways to prevent more deaths and looking for solutions instead of having a woman work at 4 service industry jobs.

You bastard!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join