It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway gets jaw broken after street attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Totally agree with that - it's just a shame what he days is largely repugnant. We definitely need more MPs who don't bow down to the whips and stick to their principles though

edit on 30/8/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
George Galloway is a double agent.
I remember a number of years ago when he was doing some door to door canvasing in Bradford. He entered a house in a block of flats where he was held hostage by some irate Muslims...guess what...the Police rescued him within minutes. what does that tell you about George....Wearing a wire much George.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Galloway's condition has deteriorated to Bruising and a suspected broken rib...in other words, some bruising and sore bits...he's back home.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

I would consider a broken jaw getting off very lightly.

it's criminal assault and actual bodily harm. i guess he touched a nerve with some pro-israeli dullard. ah well at least he'll be dealt with by the law. hopefully to the fullest.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Suspected broken rib and bruising isn't good. We may get angry at politicians but we don't have to beat them up. What if someone attacks a politician you like?
At the end of the day he has been elected and has the right to represent the views of those voters. Part of me suspects that he is surfing the 'muslim' vote in Bradford but that is what career politicians do. I like some things he says...there are not many as vocal on issues that are contentious.
Having said that...I wouldn't vote for him...come to think of it, the way things are, there is no one to vote for anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what he said, or who he "pissed off". It's assault. And the guy who did it was obviously after him for his anti-Israel stance.

Ask yourself this. If some "Muslim" went up and did this to ANY US politician (who constantly vilify the Muslims).. would that be okay? No. People would be calling on us to bomb Iran.

God forbid anyone says ANYTHING against Israel.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Cut aside all the BS and you've got a man having his jaw broken in an unprovoked street attack.

The Major is given pause to wonder how this could be deemed as "unprovoked?" The self aggrandizing, bloviating gas bag that is George Galloway has made his chops by provoking. He is a piece of excrement, whale excrement to be exact, because nothing is lower. Words have consequences, and George's penchant for servicing the Muslim community from his knees, quaffing what is offered, and spouting his anti-Semitic hate while his face is still glazed with the "glory" that is his self loathing. His oral fixation appears to be temporarily impeded, some may see this as divine intervention, for the record, the Major does.

No recruit, this attack was not unprovoked, though it may be criminal; but a mere misdemeanor compared to the serial felonies that George Galloway perpetrates on behalf of his Muslim sugar daddies benefactors..

Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Major Discrepancy

Talking about oneself in the third person is self aggrandising. No more so than an affected title or implied recruitment.

Galloway has a right to speak and represent his electorate. Should we only listen to those we approve of?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The guy is a loud mouth who invites this kind of response. BUT it shouldn't happen. Everyone has a right to express their opinions. It was illegal ... it was assault ... and the guy doing the punching should have been able to control himself. No pat on the back for him. The perp just gave Galloway more publicity. It would have been better for the perp to ignore him.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Loud yes. Opinionated yes. Controversial too..but, he didn't 'invite' being attacked or anything of the sort.

There's more than a few people on this forum who are louder, more opinionated and indeed are a lot more controversial in their views...it's considered bad form for an one of us to call them a nasty name here, let alone repeatedly punching them in the face.

It might be your own opinion, but i'm here to tell you you're flat out wrong...speaking up for what you believe in, regardless of it being controversial or whether the majority like what you have to say or hate it, is always a GOOD thing for democracy and basic freedoms.

It's a shame there isn't a hell of a lot more people, especially in politics that have the intelligence and backbone that Galloway has.
Maybe if more Americans were just as prepared to lay it on the line and not simply take the BS fed to them by Government and media every day of their lives, America would be a lot better off.

And this is coming from a guy who doesn't particularly agree with Galloway's politics..but i do admire his strength and perseverance.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Found this story online about the attack

A man has been charged with religiously aggravated assault after an attack that left outspoken MP George Galloway with a broken rib.

Neil Masterson, 39, of Campden Hill, West London, will appear at Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court tomorrow charged with attacking Mr Galloway and a man in his 40s who came to the MP’s aid.
Last night, it emerged that a man of the same name made threats about Mr Galloway on Facebook hours before the incident.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You wonder if a Muslim had done the same attack on a Conservative MP it would go down as a hate-crime and the guy would get vilified. So what will happen to this guy who loves Israel, and by the looks of it really loves David Cameron?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

I think you are assuming too much, although it would be true that people may try to cover it up like all the child sex abuse committed on white girls by Pakistani men e.g. Rotherham. However, that's another story.

To note that Galloway had been formally cautioned by the police previous to this assault. Clearly for this to happen some of his remarks about Israel must have been very close to the bone. He's an intelligent man, he knows how to stir people up without falling into "hate speech", although seemingly quite close this time if the police felt it necessary to react to complaints from the public and have a formal word.

Regards

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Any comment on Israeli offences against humanity, observance of international law or are they ok with you on this.

At least one politicians has the guts to speak out about Israel, which for some peculiar reason although surrounded by ISIS and whoever else supposedly supports isis has not been attacked -
now don't you find that one strange????

Perhaps israel is helping isis or at the very least looking after their wounded as we never see signs of field hospitals for them? Very strange that, if you can elucidate on this, please do Manjor, please do.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Who? Yes, my American is showing. Can I get a cheat sheet? I know I can Google and lose myself for days learning about the guy, but a brief dossier from you folks across the pond would be easier and probably closer to the truth than what I could glean in 20 minutes.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
At least one politicians has the guts to speak out about Israel,

Plenty of politicians speak out about Israeli policy.

Galloway's verbal intervention was a little overboard, such as warning Israeli tourists not to go to Bradford. The fact that the police felt his comments were serious enough to warrant a caution indicates how close to the line he became in hatefulness. He's a politician pandering to a particular niche, but he needs to act more diplomatically lest others take his views literally.

The rest of you post is for another thread.

Regards

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I like your humour and your opinion seems popular

Your basic thrust is that, when we find somebody's opinion offensive, we are entitled to punch them.

Really?

Your ideology is enforceable by violence?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Who? Yes, my American is showing. Can I get a cheat sheet? I know I can Google and lose myself for days learning about the guy, but a brief dossier from you folks across the pond would be easier and probably closer to the truth than what I could glean in 20 minutes.

Here you go...George doing what George does....ie, Tearing the Senate a new one.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: CJCrawley

I don't consider George Galloway a clown and neither do a huge amount of people. He has the guts to speak out rather than use his fists - which is considerably more civilised than a surprise and cowardly attack by that man!

You know something else that needs to be said, is a little more honesty over the rise of Nazism due to the acts of people trying to take over Germany and take comtrol of its people. We only ever hear one side of the German peoples history, the other side is kept well hidden and its time we had a balanced view of what happened in Germany. We see the same situation, only concluded in the USA, with the huge amount of aid going to Israel, when other countries need that aid to stop starvation, the Israelis use foreign aid for buying arms, not food. I trust you see the difference.

George Galloway has spoken out about Muslim extremists so he's not biased, just speaks as he sees it.

I hope George Galloway prosecutes the zionist thug and gets well soon to continue his good work of making people aware of what goes on in the ME.

You DO know most germans before WW2 had soem jewish ancestry right? They had no issues with them in WW1 at all. It was only after the half jewish hitler came to power that suddenly there was a issue. ALso hitler in WW2 had many with some jew ancestry as his officers. A fact you will not hear much. ALso you got proof israel uses that aid for weapons instead of food? they get seperate monies for that id wager.

The curent government of Israel is a bunch of morons,but it does not make their entire populace culpable either. same as muslims in their respective countries. alot of the common folk dont have any say.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

In the old west there were opinions that would get a person shot just for saying it. When it is politicians saying highly charged things about a group or people that disparages them (even if they might deserve it), then things like this are inevitable.
It wouldn't be civilized and getting a broken jaw for it is certainly not either, but then our world leaders don't have a problem being uncivilized, so I guess it is up to us citizens to set them straight, except how do that without breaking a few bones is not known at this time.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The Major hopes that you put more effort in executing your moderator duties than you put in reading a post fully and digesting it's content before replying.

Please note the pearls the Major has previously cast before ye:

originally posted by: Major Discrepancy
No recruit, this attack was not unprovoked, though it may be criminal; but a mere misdemeanor compared to the serial felonies that George Galloway perpetrates on behalf of his Muslim sugar daddies benefactors..

Emphasis, the Major.

It is clear the Major understands that the attack on George Galloway is criminal, and the perpetrator will face justice under due process. The Major's salient point is that this was a provoked attack, not some random act, sans mitigating circumstances.

Dismissed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join