It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise. Stephen Harper’s U.S. border deal does imperil Canadian sovereignty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
What loophole?

By insisting US Police are held to Canadian laws while in Canada you can prevent them from operating there without actually turning down police aid and having your politicians suffer from the dreaded looking soft on crime.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Man, you guys must be young. Harper the worst? You guys obviously didn't live through Mulroney. THAT bastard should have been shot for treason.

This is a little worrisome though. The US doesn't have a decent track record of backing up bilateral misgivings. See the Tarnak Farm Incident:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Harper is the worst Canadian prime minister ever. I don't need to add any MORE than other posters before me.
Trudeau isn't better, we can count on that.

I'm in Québec and I ain't voting Bloc Quebecois, with the advent of globalism and a crushed American economy, we Canadians need to work together and build a stronger country.

NPD's Mulcair will get my vote just like Jack Layton did. Other than independents with no power. NPD is the only party out there that represents the values of the majority of Canadians.

i agree accept for the part about the NDP. you do not want them in power. look at what Rae did for Ontario when we gave them power. what is needed is a new party with no ties to the old parties.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

As a Canadian this terrifies me.

You're damn straight it does.

Like hell if I'm going to sit back and allow American cops (or any other foreign law enforcement) full immunity from our laws and free reign to do whatever the hell they want in whatever way they want.

You're in my country, you goddamn well abide by my country's laws. Period.

We are not Iraq, or Iran, or Afghanistan... we are not terrorists, and we will not be stomped on as if we were.

This is not a slippery slope we want to start a path on.

Every single Canadian needs to fight against this tooth and nail. If it means torching Parliament to the ground, then so be it.

I'm royally f'ing pissed about this.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

you said it.

Now help me spread the word.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Now help me spread the word.

Two steps ahead of you, my friend.

I've e-mailed this to about 6 people thus far. One has already e-mailed me back cussing like a sailor about it... They'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on.

If there's nothing we Canucks hate worse, it's having the US government trying to dictate their crap in our direction. Our prime minister might be happily bending over the proverbial desk with his pants down around his ankles, but the rest of us are not.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Everyone read the date on the article correct? 8/1/13

By the logic of them not being subject to Canadian law then we, therefore, are not subject to them enforcing it?

Either way this is really really sinister and something synonymous with Orwellian. Canada does not need American police, period. There is no reason they need to be here other than for an American agenda; the reason why this would happen, as stated in the article, is absolutely BS. Where are those NLBS people?

I'm not usually put off by news and i like to question everything and while there are those that say the US is not looking to implement a large scale martial law type deal, i'm having a hard time believing that when stuff like this pops up. People need to start fighting censorship and geo-blocking as that is going to be a key aspect to implementing a regime like that. No one is going to stand around and be rounded up, that is a little assurance when news like this pops up, but if the people are not aware of what is happening then there tends to be a status quo that is maintained. We can be divided no more.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LMAO. Yes he has to be the worst in my memory.

Is it just me or does he look like he could be John Kerry's brother?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i dont get the OP posting such obvious stuff ? i mean canada & australia & nz all under indirect rule of US/UK right ? i mean look at the video of canadian and australian PM speech while reading on same material.. i think it is time for canadian and australian to accept the fact that their real master is US/UK.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join