It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Warned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
the psy-ops are manipulating the media

Psy-ops tells the media what it wants it to know.
The media trys to manipulate America.
(Remember Dan Rather and memo-gate?)
Newspapers don't print news, they print propaganda.

Anyone who fully trusts the media to be passing on
truth ... well .... that's nice but it isn't common sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by dnero6911
the psy-ops are manipulating the media

Psy-ops tells the media what it wants it to know.
The media trys to manipulate America.
(Remember Dan Rather and memo-gate?)
Newspapers don't print news, they print propaganda.

Anyone who fully trusts the media to be passing on
truth ... well .... that's nice but it isn't common sense.

Sorry but most people don't know stuff like that..

and as for Off_The_Street, ... Shutup.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

So, many men went astray because they had not known this difference and they believed that 'X-Files' and 'National Treasure' were true, even unto being Documentaries

i have seen neither, to dabble in multi corperate media is to fall directly into their trap one and all. the mascarade that is media in the UNITED STATES is nothing but a fanciful parades of disinformation to fantisize the truth that their might very well be a grand conspiracy in the minds of the people but the only actually reality to it all would be the fictional portrayal brought unto the legions of sensless bewildered mentally defective sheeples that are you and i in our lesser days of denile. its right there for us to see, thats why they call it "hiding in plain sight".

[edit on 7-12-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I was happy to see that you added a period in that last statement. Truth is that disinformation has always been there and will continue to be. Of course world governments don't want the people to know all of the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The only way to truly be ok with what has been going on the media recently is illustrated thusly...

Yeah, propoganda or disinformation, it's an age old tactic to be sure, but it has been perfected and proliferated in recent history. Now instead of subversive literature, or the printing press, we have what is called Mass Media. The consolidation of the mass media was the ultimate coup of truth however, and if weren't for the internet, I wonder where any truth is to be found anymore. One thing we can do to make a difference however is to support the independent sources of information, let them know that we appreciate their efforts. While you may not like what they have to say, you have to respect them having the cajones to say it. Folks like Alex Jones, or Indymedia, yeah they catch alot of flak and aren't always 100% accurate, but I'd take that over Fox anyday. Another really great thing about the internet is access to foriegn media sources, I have learned more about US foriegn policy from reading such outlets as the Asia Times, or The Guardian, etc., than I would have ever hoped to have learned from domestic media sources.
"There's three sides to every story baby, there's yours and there's mine and the cold hard truth..."
-Don Henley

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. Mnay forms of advertisments and the media will say what they are told and mostly believe themselves. Its up to the individual to hold onto common sense

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
One very moderate example of this is declaring victory when the fight is ongoing. The whole 'mission accomplished' things is debateable, but the lunacy of saying that the Fullujan strike was over a few days after it started was, even if one beleived it at first, obviously false just shortly after.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join