It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Witness UFO in Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

After responding to a call regarding unusual lights in the sky, police in Lower Paxton Township, Pennsylvania say they also witnessed a UFO. ABC 27 in Harrisburg reported on a UFO sighting in Lower Paxton Township Monday night. Resident Stephanie Wilkerson says she was enjoying a glass of wine when she spotted a strange light. She told ABC 27, “I thought it was a plane until I realized it wasn’t moving. I watched it for about 20 minutes and I started noticing it changing colors.” She called to her husband to come outside and also called a neighbor. She says her neighbor was amazed and got a pair of binoculars to get a closer look. At first the neighbor thought it was a planet, but he says it changed colors, turning yellow, which made him rule that out. Wilkerson says she then decided it was time to call the cops. An officer came by, and apparently he was also baffled by what he saw, especially after seeing the object move when he looked at it through the binoculars.

Link to Video

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Personal drone with LED's? The video is pretty compressed so it's hard to tell what we are looking at.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

How long can those drones hover? I've never used one and don't know much about them.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Not sure. I've watched videos of personal drones filming skyscrapers, beaches, etc and the videos seem to last anywhere from 10-20 minutes. Some of them might be capable of longer, but I feel like they would eat up a lot of battery to stay in the air with the weight of the drone + video equipment though.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If it is a consumer one that is electric powered, about 20 minutes.
If gas powered, much longer, but then you think it would be heard, even at 2000ft you can hear a gas drone.

I am sure the police could tell the difference between a drone and something more bizarre.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That's what I was thinking. If it was a drone, they could hear it or at least see it land. I'm sure they watched it for a while.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how whenever something is seen the msm can always find someone who says "It looked like a helicopter"
Its almost like they've been told to include "helicopter" in the report.

Not a helicopter, not a personal drone. un-Identified

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's a thing with LED lights on or hanging from it.
Why don't they ever just show the whole video.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That's what I was thinking. If it was a drone, they could hear it or at least see it land. I'm sure they watched it for a while.

Depends on wind speed and wind direction. Both of those factors could have made the " object " completely silent.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"At first the neighbor thought it was a planet".

Stayed in one place, except when the binoculars were on it.

Appeared to change colors.

I'm guessing bright astronomical body and autokinesis.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I would think the airport would confirm a helicopter hovering for over 20 minutes via radar?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

I would think the airport would confirm a helicopter hovering for over 20 minutes via radar?

Absolutely!
Its just I've noticed whenever they report sightings on the msm there is ALWAYS someone who thought it might be a helicopter.
In this case they report that somebody thought it might be a helicopter, and yet that somebody remains anonymous!
I'm convinced the msm are under instructions to include "helicopter".

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The first ufo I seen as a child with my mom; we both thought helicopter at first.

First thing that comes to mind when something doesn't move. The color scheme is easy to detect though so that shouldn't hold much weight.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

This one is close to home. I am in the York area, so that's right up the road. Just watched Alien Abduction last night as well. Spooky.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Quadrocopter? Or my dad looking for nice people hitchhiking...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am pretty sure this is mars. Yes, a planet can "twinkle" and change colors. And, if you have ever looked through binoculars at a star it is next to impossible to keep your hands still, so yes, it would appear to move.

This may explain it:

LINK

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

"Drinking wine" = the woman was trashed.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well we can assume it was armed. Otherwise the police would have shot it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I'm convinced the msm are under instructions to include "helicopter".

Oh please. From who? You don't think with the tens of thousands of people in media that might have come out by now?

Of course some people think a floating light in the sky is a helicopter. Of course some people want to stay anonymous when talking to the news.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Well we can assume it was armed. Otherwise the police would have shot it.

You win the internet today.

2cd that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join