It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam vs Bodycam....how you get two totally different stories and why all LEO's should wear one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

The above link shows how you cannot always believe everything you see.

Part one shows the dashboard camera. If you were to see this, I am sure, there would immediate outcry of police brutality. No reason to 'throw' someone to the ground. If I saw it, I may think the same thing. But looks can be deceiving.

Part two shows a body cam. You clearly see the accused attempt to punch the officer and flee. Proof of obstruction and resisting.

All law enforcement officers should wear there to protect us as citizens as well as the good officers out there who are just doing the job no one else wants to do.

There are roughly 800k officers in the US. At an average cost of 500.00 per that is 400 million dollars or the price of 3 F-35's or...just look at government pork projects like the Kentucky River project at 2.2 billion.

The money is there to protect us as citizens.
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002014-08-29T15:44:16-05:000316 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 08pm31pmfu2014-08-29T15:44:41-05:000341 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

IDK about 'clearly' seeing anything but I agree they tell different stories.
The suspect does turn at the officer and it does look like he attempts to strike him.
I think the officer handled it great after that, just kept his weight on him and didn't continue the use of force.
Even tried to let the guy roll over peacefully, and we he didn't do that, the officer just put his weight back on him and got him cuffed without further violence.

Even in the first video, I wouldn't say he was excessive, the man was running he stopped him from doing it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why not, other than child sex/rape and other events of a certain point where decorum is required to get the information why shouldn't the average officer be able to prove their actions whem on duty? we also will excuse the moments they need to do natures call as well as i'm sure it'll be fun watching some officer on youtube till he decides to curl out a brown trout and broadcast it to the nation

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

While I agree with the actions of the officer in this case and applaud his self-restraint, I have doubt that a body cam will prevent the use of unjustified or excessive lethal response in a majority of future instances. Taking this recent case as an example of the speed at which a police shooting can occur, an officer spending the time to think, "hey, I have a body camera on let me think about shooting" seems unlikely. However, I do support the growing momentum for officer body cameras--and anyone else who thinks wearing one might protect them in any type of encounter. As for clearing up the veracity of differing accounts in police/civilian interactions, the body cam seems like a useful tool. While we're on the subject, how about a gunsight cam as well?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AphoticJoe

While I agree with the actions of the officer in this case and applaud his self-restraint, I have doubt that a body cam will prevent the use of unjustified or excessive lethal response in a majority of future instances. Taking this recent case as an example of the speed at which a police shooting can occur, an officer spending the time to think, "hey, I have a body camera on let me think about shooting" seems unlikely. However, I do support the growing momentum for officer body cameras--and anyone else who thinks wearing one might protect them in any type of encounter. As for clearing up the veracity of differing accounts in police/civilian interactions, the body cam seems like a useful tool. While we're on the subject, how about a gunsight cam as well?

As with all crime, the body cams won't prevent it. However, it will provide a non biased account of the situation. The more coverage, the less lies by both the officer AND the suspect will make it to the courtroom.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think body cams will be required very soon.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I wouldn't call police brutality on this guy and I really am not a fan of cops. Of course the body cam shows something different... they are out of view.

Get out of here with your non sense most absurd extreme example.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think he was trying to run not strike. I think what pulled him back and made it look like an attempted strike was the cop had his arm so good that when he tried to run he got jerked back towards the cop like a rubber band.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Ya its not clear what happened, but it does look more like he either tried to push off the officer with the free arm or strike.
I think it was the former but I don't think it is the result of being pulled back.
Either way, the cop was able to take him down without continuing to beat him once he was subdued which is nice to see.
And nice to see that he didn't just shoot that guy

top topics

join