It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are President of the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
What? Of course terrorists ate psychopaths...that's not to say they don't believe (in their own twisted brains) that what they're doing is right, holy, justified, whatever...but that doesn't make it so.

Although I never studied criminal behavior, but doesn't a psychopath do things driven by some abnormal behavior. Normal criminals do things out of a need, like hating someone or needing money. A psychopath probably has a need also, but it is way out there. From what I have read of Bin Laden, he has legitimate gripes. I would be pissed too. From his eyes, he sees civilians being killed in his circles because of US policy. If China was top dog and influenced us directly or by proxy, causing rocket attacks on my neighborhood, I would want a payback also. This would be a normal emotion by anyone.

Whatever else anyone wants to believe - and I agree in principle that the US has often screwed up BIG TIME with foreign poilcy - there is never any valid excuse for terrorism.

Although I praise your principal, I don't think you understand how far someone can go to push you. If I came in and shot your child or had someone else do it - to seek revenge on you - would you feel that you shouldn't exercise a payback? What if you did and my family called it 'terrorism' and said it was uncalled for? Terrorism is just an euphamism for paybacks. No terrorist exercises their craft like a graffiti artist. They do it solely to make a statement against the perpetrators (perceived or not) of them.

Justifying lack of reactions to causes:
But this is circular logic; the fact that actions have reactions doesn't automatically justify those reactions.

Of course everyone is free to do nothing when confronted with a problem, but that isn't how people think. If this were true, then what you are saying is that no matter what someone does to you then you have no justification for it? Justification is in the eye of the beholder. What seems right to you is not right to another, especially the uninformed or the beholden. Again, if someone killed one of your family or even attacked your nation, the average person would want revenge - which is what is happening. Why is it that the so-called terrorist actions are not justified, but our payback is? What is the difference? I heard secondhand from someone working in the government that the only policy that does work is tit-for-tat. Although I do not agree with that solution, it apparently is the policy.

Of course we should consider underlying causes, and should do everything possible to alleviate those...but at the same time, we need to find every rotten b*stard who is willing to kill innocent civilians are take each one out before they have a chance to actually do it.

Well, I agree with you that within the limits of warfare, it should not be extended to civilians. Everyone responsible, should be held accountable. Still though, we are dealing with an opponent who utilizes unconventional warfare and it is effective according to their resources. I do not wholly blame them for this, as if they had the disposal of our military, then they would use conventional tactics. The tactics they use are merely expediant to what they have available to them. If someone robbed you, would you not use a knife on them just because you didn't have a gun handy? I think not.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Enough wioth the analogies, this isn't the same as coming to my house and shooting my fish, ok?

Why is it that bin Laden is righteously mad? Rocket attacks in neighborhoods? What are you talking about? Is this another analogy?
Please provide details for us old foggies with CRS disease, please.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Oh, and Moku, please provide credible information that would back up that claim that "Jewish terrorists" have killed millions.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
As President of the US, I would first finish off my present duty of trying to read a childs book, hoping the teacher doesn't ask me to read out loud to the rest of the class. By the time I've finished the book the people I work for should have established or created a story which we can sell to the US populous, that Iraq was in some way responsible for the aforementioned nuclear detonation. Ensuring that all evidence that can't be traced back to either the CIA or MOSSAD, remains out of the public eye.

I would then call on all of our ally (UK) to join with us in the total anihilation of all Muslims, oops, I mean Terrorists. If that fails to work I will trick them with my superior intellect and cunning. I will make a statement like "You are either with us or against us", I believe that this is a form of reverse pschology which cannot fail. This will give us unconditional backing from all European countries, I doubt they will question our motives as most of them can't even speak proper American.

When we have agreed a strategy on how to deal with the terrorists we will launch an all out nuclear attack on France for trying maintain the peace, we'll blame it on a software glitch, even though we have been saving up for an occasion such as this. The US people will realise that we have there interests at heart and even though they know full well they are being lied to, will continue to support us due to the fact that they are American and therefore "Gods chosen People", lets face it, if they believe that, they'll believe Black is White.

I could go on, but I reckon you have probably worked out my perspective on this scenario.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Koka]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hi Reason.

My strategy would depend on who nuked us in the first place. Many people here have seemed to assume that is was muslims, but sorry, I'll deny ignorance here and wait to see who specifically set the nuke off.

China? N. Korea? Iran? Disgruntled Americans? Russia? France? Australia?

Strategicaly, this is of huge importance. Answer this and I'll write you a detailed repsonse on what I would do.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Moku.
Why should Israel be forced to take on all Palestinian refugees as you say?
They don't all belong in Israel. It is not their home and never has been.

Most of them come from land annexed by Arab states. Jordan and Syria sit on far more "Palestinian" land and have created more refugees than Israel ever has and I don't see anyone moaning about that.

Double standards anyone?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Kinda hard to figure out who did it when the evidence has been illegally removed before any investigation is done.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Moku.
Why should Israel be forced to take on all Palestinian refugees as you say?
They don't all belong in Israel. It is not their home and never has been.

Most of them come from land annexed by Arab states. Jordan and Syria sit on far more "Palestinian" land and have created more refugees than Israel ever has and I don't see anyone moaning about that.

Double standards anyone?

Actually, the Palestinians have a greater claim to being Jewish than the present Israeli's do. The Jews that returned to create the Israeli state have watered down lineage from the various places they ended up.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Uh, you are a bit wrong. As a matter of fact, even though the Jews were scattered to the four winds and are now coming back to their homeland, there has always been a Jewish presence there, with their unique language and culture that the Palestinians do not share.

In the 70's the king of Jordan stated that Jordan is Palestine and Palestine is Jordan. That should wrap up where the "Palestinians" belong, huh? Almost, but not quite, as they also have rights to go back to Syria, as they are really part of greater Syria.

Regardless, even though The vast majority of the area was divied up to the Arabs and only a small parcel for the Jews to have a home, that isn't good enough.
You'd better start looking at sho is really to blame for those people's displacement, and you'd better look at who is using them as a propaganda tool against Israel. For a board who has already figured out that Bush is screwing up the whole world, this little mystery should take all of 5 minutes to solve.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by REASON

In previous administrations Terrorist attacks have occured, most notably September 11, 2001 attacks.

Afghanistan and Iraq were deemed as threats to the nation and were invaded and Replaced with a Democratic style of government.

Years pass and what seems to come out of nowhere is a terrorist attack on a city in the United States. A major city is completly destroyed. A nuclear device has been detonated.

Neglecting political affiliation (Republican, Democrat, Libertarian...etc.)

You are the President of the United States of America and you must act.

What you have at your disposal are many things including political means, military might, nuclear weapons, etc.

It is easy to criticize but it is a completly different thing to actually come up with a solution or list of options.

You are President.....what would you do?

1. get the military and civilain agencies and on highest alert, warn allies.
2. get emergancy and military agencies to get investigation and clean up ASAP.
3. stop all flights and means of transportation in and out stopped.
4. get message out to public to try and let them know the gov is on the case.
5. get the heads of the CIA and FBI and tell them politely to pull thier fingers out.
7. get an official to one of the clean up camps aka survivior camps to let them know we are on the case.
-Reason

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I would make parking lots out of

North Korea.
Syria.
Iran.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think a big part of it is what would you do if you didn't know who did it in the beginning.

If I were in that position I would immediately call an emergency meeting of my advisors, close borders and address the public to show that I could keep a clear head and to reintroduce the idea of working together... probably some cheesy line about if we all only look out for ourselves we are all going it alone but if we work together there are millions looking after you, wrap yourself in the loving blanket of your neighbors and together we will pull through...

I would also evacuate fallout areas, ask our own people for aid to the needy and immediately get my people on the job of diplomatic negotiations (for foreign military and charity form aid) and organizing a military strategy.

Depending on how the public took the news, there may be a need for temporary martial law in some surrounding areas or major cities.

I think most of the day would feel like a terrible waiting process, waiting for responses and new updates. I would probably have some green tea and mashed potatoes for lunch.

Originally posted by thirddensity
My strategy would depend on who nuked us in the first place. Many people here have seemed to assume that is was muslims, but sorry, I'll deny ignorance here and wait to see who specifically set the nuke off.

China? N. Korea? Iran? Disgruntled Americans? Russia? France? Australia?

Strategicaly, this is of huge importance. Answer this and I'll write you a detailed repsonse on what I would do.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
You are president of the United States of America.

In previous administrations Terrorist attacks have occured, most notably September 11, 2001 attacks.

Years pass and what seems to come out of nowhere is a terrorist attack on a city in the United States. A major city is completly destroyed. A nuclear device has been detonated.

Neglecting political affiliation (Republican, Democrat, Libertarian...etc.)

You are the President of the United States of America and you must act.

What you have at your disposal are many things including political means, military might, nuclear weapons, etc.

It is easy to criticize but it is a completly different thing to actually come up with a solution or list of options.

You are President.....what would you do?

-Reason

For one I would target internally for every bit of intel indicating another 911, I neglect the phony propaganda. I invoke previous executive orders to take over the media, and guarantee the truth be followed where it leads. No more Fox News, no more "censorship." The only transitional modification of the news is to expose the truth with real intel to promote that. I retire to a secure installlation, surrounding myself with selected green Naval Intelligence people, eg. loyal to the President not to the "powers that be," outside the office. They will not drop their guard on cue, they protect me. Any public appearances will be done by holographics, a new and highly advanced technology placing me remotely at the scene. I announce it in advance so there can be no dirty tricks on my holograph with the shadow government pretending my undo "removal." I make certain all lines of communication remain open, with total rerouting capacity. My task is to totally neutralize the shadow government, while appearing to be in puppet cooperation with them until the critical moment.

Then finding beyond a reasonable doubt the shadow government elements responsible, I contemplate micro nukes of those elements, surgical strikes on their facilities. Where bunker buster Megatons are necessary, I will contemplate their implementation. Instead of recommending "new laws," I recommend the repeal of laws, accomodating a renewal of American Freedom, no hype, the real thing. I therefore destroy the incentive of passing legislation from the shadow government arsenal. My intent is to root these people out and prosecute them fully, and publically. Their mission of tyranny will be totally exposed, and if they do not surrender, then the minimum force necessary to attain the objective of their complete removal will be done. They may wage counterstrikes, so the utmost secrecy attends the contemplation and preparation for these plans. Make no mistake, the real Republic will be restored. All future elections with be hand counted with verifiable paper ballots. All election improprieties even from my own zelous supporters will be exposed. I may have to beg the people for an appropriate new election, a one time event to secure an actual mandate.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by SkipShipman]
Mod Edit: Let's not bold our entire post. See General ATS discussion etiquette

[edit on 6-12-2004 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Nuke the bastards back! That means assuming who done it. Nuke Iran, Nuke North Korea, Nuke France, Nuke Russia, Nuke the indians and pakis, then whille I am at it I'll Nuke the Canukes.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Oh, and Moku, please provide credible information that would back up that claim that "Jewish terrorists" have killed millions.

I never said that. I was only referring to the Naqba.
Please stop spreading lies about me.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Nuke the bastards back! That means assuming who done it. Nuke Iran, Nuke North Korea, Nuke France, Nuke Russia, Nuke the indians and pakis, then whille I am at it I'll Nuke the Canukes.

I am going to assume you posted the above term (bold) in ignorance, I will ignore the rest of the crap you've posted but not that which is in bold.
In Britain this is a highly racist term, which the mods should understand full well.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Koka]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would have got James Bond on loan from the British before the attack and he would have prevented it. If not Syndey Bristow, or Jack Bauer would have caught them before they could set it off...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Seven-point-plan :

A) Sign the ICC treaty.
B) Forward Bush, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Wolfowitz, etc... to the ICC
C) Apologize to the Iraqis, Iranians, Lebanese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Latin Americans for the war crimes commited.
D) Forward Kissinger etc... to the ICC
E) Force Israel to accept the returning of the 800.000 (now probably over 2million) palestinians driven from their homeland and robbed of their belongings by jewish terrorists of the haganah, irgun, and the stern gang
F) Build a world-wide coalition for peace and sustainable developement
G) bathe in the glory of the golden age

Benefits: Golden Age
Costs: US National Myths and Lies
Collateral Damage : Warmongers

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

just glad we'll never see you up there in the oval office.

alright, what i would do. well, not a whole lot of info is given, but first i'd have all the necessary disaster plans going and all the necessary investigations started, FBI, CIA, NSA, looking at lists of possible suspects, looking for debri that could tie parts together to illustrate a source, etc. within a few days, i would have a few guesses as to who was responsible and where they were. then i would invade that area, region, country with the most powerful manned force in history. once the responsible parties were found and tried and hung or shot, i would call it number 51.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
First and Foremost, I would phone the 'General of the Army' and 'recommend' a quarantene around the parameter of the city. Additionally for every person the guards encounter trying to leave the city, have them checked for contamination, if they are contaminated, then send them to a detox center to be cleansed of rads. If they are not, then they are free to go. All those who evac or are found alive will be given the following supplies: a map to the nearest town, 250 bucks, a loaded pistol, a survival manual detailing how to survive in an irradiated wilderness, iodine pills, and a geiger counter. However no one is allowed into the contaminated area without proper authorization until further notice.

Second, revamp CIA to it's full strength with the understanding of finding the boneheads that did this. Activate the missle shield asap in case there are more suprises to come. Recommend to congress the idea of building an engineering service simlular to the military where all enlistees will be trained to help in the construction of fallout shelters, finishing up the missle shield, checking the integrity of our weapons, and keeping all communication and power systems in working order. Encourage those who don't enlist in the Engineering forces, to either enlist in the military, or work at a hospital. Prepare speeches and go live on TV, and have 'interactive' chats with the American people to keep morale up and reduce panic. (While VP continues to monitor the situation for me.) Although I am not crazy about the notion of corporate welfare, I will do what I can to reward utility companies in non-contaminated areas nearby to help out in any way they can. (Assisting the E service in checking and fixing power, water, sewer, and communication lines). Offer a reward for any scientifically inclined individuals to create a way to purify the contaminated water table in that area, to create a journal of mutated wildlife explaining the danger, edibility, and behaviors of each newly found species(to be published asap in the survival manuals), or even a way to reverse radiation fields(aka speed up the rule of 7's).

Once I receive word of who is responsible as a whole the actions will depend on the type of entity involved:

Country:Fly a few airplanes into their airspace giving them a 1-time goodwill warning to evac the entire country immediately. Then after 24 hours, saturate nuke the entire country off of the map. (we need to make room for new nukes anyways
) Begin an intelligence manhunt for the leaders, who gave the order to attack us, in every conceivable country known to mankind. Orders are shoot to kill if they do not cooperate in custody, until they are tried in the U.S., then they will also be tried at the ICC.

Groups or Individuals: Instead of nuking their homeland to kingdom come, ferret them out, treat them as one would a national leader who ordered a nuclear attack on our nation.(see above) The nation found harboring them will no longer receive any benefits from our country at all, unless they were cooperative in bringing the individuals to justice. Additionally if said nation was cooperative the individual will also be tried in that country as well.

All those convicted by the above must serve all sentences in a logical order consistant to all sentences given. I.E. fatal executions are last in priority, unless imprisonment is suggested, then time will be served, pending the suggested execution. Our country is open to negotiation, with the exeception of nullifing all penalties. Double or Triple Jeopardy perhaps, deserving nevertheless.

Unless there are no other pending civic duties, take two days off to go fishing and hunting.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You will have hordes of 19 year old Michigan residents out to get you then...
you might want to leave them alone.

Originally posted by Frosty
I'll Nuke the Canukes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join