It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are President of the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Lets have Americans, Canadians, Europeans, Asians, Arabs, and all other people who want to try on these shoes for a minute or two give their ideas or thoughts.

I would Really like to know what each of you would do in this situation.

You are president of the United States of America.

In previous administrations Terrorist attacks have occured, most notably September 11, 2001 attacks.

Afghanistan and Iraq were deemed as threats to the nation and were invaded and Replaced with a Democratic style of government.

Years pass and what seems to come out of nowhere is a terrorist attack on a city in the United States. A major city is completly destroyed. A nuclear device has been detonated.

Neglecting political affiliation (Republican, Democrat, Libertarian...etc.)

You are the President of the United States of America and you must act.

What you have at your disposal are many things including political means, military might, nuclear weapons, etc.

It is easy to criticize but it is a completly different thing to actually come up with a solution or list of options.

You are President.....what would you do?

-Reason

ks

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
They'd use a time machine so that nuclear terrorist attack wouldn't happen in the first place, they'd be able to stop it somehow.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I would immediately attack France. If France wasn't complicit, it was profiting.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It's kind of impossible to answer this question, unless you WERE the President or maybe one of his advisors, Joint Chiefs, or cabinet. I'm sure most of us have no clue what actual information he is working off of, that could drastically affect the answer you are seeking.

I know one thing though and that is that I would make sure the evidence stayed at the site, put my best people on a formal investigation, determine who did it for real, make the accusation public weeks or months later after the investigation had turned up solid evidence. But of course, if this happened, a day later they'd probably claim it was Iran or N. Korea, have all the evidence removed again, suppress an investigation, institute martial law, and continue right on fighting the axis of evil.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I would immediately attack France. If France wasn't complicit, it was profiting.

Thats what I was kind of thinking..... u a psychic or just lucky?

no...seriously.

-Reason

[edit on 6-12-2004 by REASON]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Implement a draft, seal northern and southern borders and conduct a thorough investigation (a la Pan Am above Lockerbie).

What else can you do?

Blobber

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If I was president, I would take the secret elevator behind the bookshelf, from the oval office and go 10 miles underground, then take the underground bullet train to reach the shadow government HQ, note down my orders from the masters, then go back and execute them. It's in the job description.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I would reassemble "the leauge of extraordinary gentlemen", who solved the 9-11 case in 36 hours, and find out who was responsible

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Seven-point-plan :

A) Sign the ICC treaty.
B) Forward Bush, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Wolfowitz, etc... to the ICC
C) Apologize to the Iraqis, Iranians, Lebanese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Latin Americans for the war crimes commited.
D) Forward Kissinger etc... to the ICC
E) Force Israel to accept the returning of the 800.000 (now probably over 2million) palestinians driven from their homeland and robbed of their belongings by jewish terrorists of the haganah, irgun, and the stern gang
F) Build a world-wide coalition for peace and sustainable developement
G) bathe in the glory of the golden age

Benefits: Golden Age
Costs: US National Myths and Lies
Collateral Damage : Warmongers

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Honestly, I would deal with this the same way I would deal with my own social issues. Terrorist attacks are not originated by psychopaths, but it is purely revenge for what the US previously did to someone else. Everything you do has a reaction or impression on someone else. If the resolve behind an opponents reaction is great enough, then they will lash out aggresively. This is the situation regarding terrorist attacks. The US policy is that the underlying issues are more important than the threat, and it is percieved to be containable - although I doubt this. If it were me, I would take a more humble approach and deal with the underlying causes rather than a reactionary solution. This would only hurt the interests of global corporations and the ego's of Americans, but it would solve outlashes of terrorism on the domestic front and would make America more independent. I don't necessarily like Bush, but I also know that I don't know all the information he works off of. I do believe he is slanted towards helping rich corporate lobbies and friends. All I see is a globalization effort regarding natural resources, and perhaps this is necessary for the evolution of society, but I do not see a future in it. After the world becomes more global, then what happens next? The geopolitics ends then something else must happen to change things. I personally believe that a NWO will become a dictatorship and then we are all screwed, becuase the only thing that can bring it down is an internal conflict or civil war.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Mokuhadzushi thats a great plan of action after one of your cities has been wiped out and millions are dead. Sign the ICC treaty what a great priority.The American people would linch you in the streets if those were your actions after a nuclear attack.

Here is what should happen.

1. Declare Martial Law
2. Put all first responders into full effect FEMA etc...
3. Evacuate all areas that are in danger of fallout
4. Ground all planes and send back all planes trying to enter the country
5. Put both borders on lockdown with military nobody gets in or out
6. After all that I would focus on the investigation and intel before making anymore actions.

First priority should always be to make sure the American people are safe from any further attack its not outside terrorist MO to attack more then one place in a single attack.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You forgot point 7 : Cut transatlantic communications to prevent evil european propagandists from spreading antiamerican lies

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
No I think I should worry about treaties and how I could make the terrorist happy.

"Force Israel to accept the returning of the 800.000 (now probably over 2million) palestinians driven from their homeland and robbed of their belongings by jewish terrorists of the haganah, irgun, and the stern gang "

Muslim extremists would love that why didnt I think of that. They killed millions of my people making them happy should be my first priority. Thats a great way to deal with terrorist I wonder why cops around the world dont use the technique when dealing with terrorist its brilliant.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
No I think I should worry about treaties and how I could make the terrorist happy.

"Force Israel to accept the returning of the 800.000 (now probably over 2million) palestinians driven from their homeland and robbed of their belongings by jewish terrorists of the haganah, irgun, and the stern gang "

Muslim extremists would love that why didnt I think of that. They killed millions of my people making them happy should be my first priority. Thats a great way to deal with terrorist I wonder why cops around the world dont use the technique when dealing with terrorist its brilliant.

I'd like you to back up your claim that the now millions of palestinians driven from their homelands by jewish terrorists have killed millions. Please provide a link, or a historical reference.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Did you even read the first post in this thread?

REASON gave a senario of terrorist using a nuclear weapon on a US city and what would you do after such a attack if you were President. Thats the whole point of this thread there is no links because this didnt happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Where does it say that the millions of palestinian refugees worked together like an ant colony to manufacture and smuggle an A-Bomb on their shoulders into the US ?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Terrorist attacks are not originated by psychopaths, but it is purely revenge for what the US previously did to someone else.

What? Of course terrorists ate psychopaths...that's not to say they don't believe (in their own twisted brains) that what they're doing is right, holy, justified, whatever...but that doesn't make it so.

Whatever else anyone wants to believe - and I agree in principle that the US has often screwed up BIG TIME with foreign poilcy - there is never any valid excuse for terrorism.

Everything you do has a reaction or impression on someone else.

Obviously. But this is circular logic; the fact that actions have reactions doesn't automatically justify those reactions.

Of course we should consider underlying causes, and should do everything possible to alleviate those...but at the same time, we need to find every rotten b*stard who is willing to kill innocent civilians are take each one out before they have a chance to actually do it.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
I'd like you to back up your claim that the now millions of palestinians driven from their homelands by jewish terrorists have killed millions. Please provide a link, or a historical reference.

Hey, Moku, I have a great idea! Why don't you go and provide evidence of that outrageous statement you made? You know, that the United States Air Force bombed Iraqi neighborhoods on purpose; remember that one?

Time is up. Go and provide the evidence on the appropriate thread right now.

As fr as THIS thread, I suggest you stop hijacking threads with you propaganda BS. If you want to participate in the topic at hand, fine, otherwise, just read.

So, here's your two walking orders, Moku; provide the evidence to your lie, and stop trolling the site, spreading your BS and subverting threads.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Does it register with you if it was proven that 100,000 iraqi's have died justifiably or unjustifiably. They are still dead.

Does that number register with you? How many need to die before it registers in an americans head?

Imagine the people of Santa Clara all dead. Would it register or does it matter?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Does it register to you that this thread is what would you do IF SANTA CLARA was nuked?
The 100,000 dead because of the U.S. military crap has already been argued. Stay on topic.
Moku, provide your proof on the other thread, and you also stay on topic and stop thinking every thread is your anti-U.S. propaganda platform.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join