It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find the cure for Cancer but no-one cares!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

if there was actual proof that it cures anything..everyone would know about it. News like that, a cure for cancer, would never be able to stay hidden for long. I know you guys tend to see a conspiracy in everything, but it's good to engage common sense once in a while.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I don't know about a cure, but it can relieve side effects of cancer, chemo, and radiology. Such as loss of appetite. My mom fought a long term battle with cancer and getting nutrition in her was a major hurdle.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I went through a bunch of those and they're either studies on mice, in vitro or exploratory studies. Claiming these "prove" it "cures" cancer is being incredibly disingenuous.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Every now and then these kinds of threads come along and I just have to chuckle.

I have been battling malignant melanoma (one of my most unpredictable and deadly forms of cancer) for the past 3.5 years and I hate to tell you, but there is no majic cure for cancer. Every now and then I have somebody tell me about THC oil, or vitamin C, or this or that plant that they read about in the latest issue of crazy crazy monthly that cures cancer. When I was first diagnosed, I read everything I could and educated myself about this disease as much as I could. I did conventional as well as homeopathic medicines. I've been there and done it all with turmeric, colloidal silver, THC oil, liposomal vitamin C, and I still battle this damned disease. It never really goes into "remission", I will have it until I die. All I can do is take it one day at a time and thank god for every morning I get up and I'm still breathing.

I've smoked, eaten and used cannibus (and the oil) since I was 13 years old and still contracted this deadly form of skin cancer. So it seems to me that if it was such a great cure I would have never gotten melanoma in the first place.

Tell you what, go to the 9th floor of MD Anderson in Houston and tell all those people who are dying of stage 4 melanoma that cannibus oil will cure them. Go tell all the family members that go to the chapel in the hospitol and cry and pray for their loved ones to be saved that the answer is cannibus oil and the doctors don't care about their patients they just want to make money.

3 people out of 100 have the response that I did to the IL2 treatments, which is your tumors shrink up and die. I've had two recurrences since then in my brain and my spinal cord. The gamma knife, multiple surguries, Interleukin therapy and radiation treatments are why I have been melanoma free for almost a year now. The only thing cannibus has done is help me keep the depression at bay and gain some weight back. It has been a godsend in that regard.

My doctors were ecstatic. They even used the word "miracle" a few times. I never really believed that I was going to die. I am a very stubborn person. I knew I would get better but they were all like, "you don't understand, we rarely ever get to give out good news like this!"

My doctors and nurses cared a great deal for me and the rest of their patients. I am frankly very insulted when someone like you comes and makes a thread about how cancer is cured and they are just repressing the info. Trust me, if there was a cure for something as horrible and deadly as stage 4 melanoma all of the NSA, DHS, FDA and any other alphabet agency would not be able to keep a lid on it. There are too many of us for them to ever be able to.

So I want to say now to anyone that is battling (or has a loved one that is ) this disease that no matter how sick you are, no matter how bad you feel, no matter if the doctors or anyone gives you an expiration date, don't buy into a majic cure and don't believe that you will not get better. Instead, be stubborn, be hardheaded, never give up and never believe that this disease is going to be the end of you. It can ravage your body but never let it break your spirit.

So please OP, stop spreading nonsense like this. I'm living proof that nobody comes with an expiration date no matter how dire the diagnosis.

And fellow warriors who happen to read this I just want to say keep your head up and never give up. I love you all.
edit on 30-8-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior
Cool story man I'm glad you're okay. Cannabis still cures cancer though.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Cool story man I'm glad you're okay. Cannabis still cures cancer though.

Did you read my post at all?!

No, it does'nt.

And you are a naive fool if you believe it does.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Why do you have such a negative, defeatist attitude? You'd think that after coming through all that you'd be more positive and open minded and maybe realise that you have been LIE TO.

Seriously it doesn't matter how many times you say 'I suffered from Cancer, trust me cannabis doesn't cure it'

There are still thousands more people than you saying the complete opposite. It's not even a matter of me disagreeing with your opinion.

I KNOW you are wrong. But who can blame you with the amount of money spent on manufacturing your mindset?

I can't even be bothered to argue any more. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Do you understand how things work in the real world? If cannabis cures cancer then let someone prove it and win a Nobel prize. Things like this work on repeatable, testable results. Just saying "cannabis cures cancer" don't make it true. Just like any of the other miracle cures.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Why do you have such a negative, defeatist attitude? You'd think that after coming through all that you'd be more positive and open minded and maybe realise that you have been LIE TO.

Apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit at all. Either that or my post went right above your head (or under your feet.)

Seriously it doesn't matter how many times you say 'I suffered from Cancer, trust me cannabis doesn't cure it'

I suppose you missed the part of my post that said I have been a heavy cannibus user since I was 13! Smoking it, eating it and the oil too. So how do you explain with me ingesting so much cannibus in my system for over 20 years that I still contracted a form of cance with a 80 percent mortality rate 1 year after diagnosis? How many "studies" have they done on that?

And to correct you I still have Melanoma. It never goes away. I guess you missed that too.

I'm sorry but I believe my own personal life experiences before I believe what somebody else says I believe because of something they read in a "study". You do know that you can make a "study" say practically anything you want it to right?

For example I recently read a study that said red wine did not have as much of the health benefits like people have always said it does. I did a little digging and saw that the study was funded by none other than Anheuser-Busch. Go figure. I wonder why they would want a study to say that?

I KNOW you are wrong. But who can blame you with the amount of money spent on manufacturing your mindset?

And I know that YOU are wrong, but hey, truth is relevant to the individual right? And who exactly has manufactured my mindset? Nice of you to ass-u-me.

I can't even be bothered to argue any more. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

Sounds good to me as long as this thread dies and goes to where the dead threads go to be never heard from again on ATS.

Like I said, why not go to a cancer ward where people are dying and really need to hear this information since their doctors and nurses are all lying to them. If you really believe this then go tell all the people that need to hear it instead of banging away on your internet soapbox keyboard.

I apologize if my tone seems aggressive but you have no idea what an emotional subject this is for some of us.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I don't think you need to apologise for your responses. To tell a cancer sufferer "I KNOW you are wrong" and bring up yet another miracle cure claim with nothing substantial backing it is just ludicrous.

Cannabis cures cancer? Please. If it does, let someone prove it and win the Thanks and gratitude of millions.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Proof? Watch: What If Cannabis Cured Cancer (2010)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 123123

YouTube =/= proof.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: 123123

YouTube =/= proof.

Who says anything about youtube?

www.imdb.com...
edit on 30-8-2014 by 123123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't think that cannabis is a cure all for everything, but research and studies regarding our natural immunology functions are showing that it does effect our natural endocannabinoids to increase healing properties within the body. Sativa strains tend to effect the nerve activators and indica strains activate the immune response into releasing white blood cells.

Many studies are being done and published that are in support of cannabis being of great assistance in treatment, just not necessarily a complete cure all on its own. Raw veggie diet, especially dark greens aid in adjusting your body natural oxygen and alkaline levels but alone is not a cure all either.

As with any and all treatments, it will vary individually. I find the research fascinating. Follow the endocannabinoids trail of research and learn more why cannabis is a serious researched treatment that most are concluding to be effective in boosting your immune system. PubMed Artcle Link

The above article dated 2012 is a free released article to read and there has been more recent 2014 studies, but not released as free read articles. For those interested, this sites search engine is a fabulous resource in the most recent published studies. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Also, I would like to state, that proper dosage and application is needed for effective treatment. Cannabis medical treatments can vary from inhalation, oral ingestion, direct oil application (skin cancer), and even Suppositories (colon cancer, etc). I am hoping that the medical world will educate themselves more fully in the benefits of cannabis in the care of their patients treatments.

Edit add: I should have read pg 2 of this thread better, TechUnique! Looks like you already linked to this sites articles. Though, I will have to still disagree that it 'cures'. All of the studies and research shows that it 'assists' with each individual body's natural immune response. Saying it is a complete cure is selling snake oil. The truth is all that is needed, no reason to exaggerate its proven effects with treatments.
edit on 8 30 2014 by CynConcepts because: Updated

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

I'd be willing to bet that whatever does enter the lungs is naturally cleaned out within hours.

Yes, it is recognised as an expectorant, and has been shown to be beneficial to asthmatics.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If this study is even remotely true.

I am Cancer Free...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.gwpharm.com... can legally cultivate marijuana, once the marijuna is ready for processing it undergoes the same treatment for extraction and refinement that is forbidden to regular citizens around the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
www.cureyourowncancer.org...

I've been reading about this a lot lately. I would like to know if this child was undergoing any other treatment, that they are just 'forgetting to report.'

All cancer is different. Just one cure isn't going to cure all cancer. If it's working for a couple of people, it's worth it to try it on others before putting them through long term harmful treatments.

But I'm not buying it as a cure all.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm really sorry for being so insensitive.. looking back my posts were actually quite horrible.

I get passionate about this stuff that's all.. one of my really close friend's mum is dying of Cancer at the moment and she would never even try alternative treatment no matter how promising..

It's just frustrating for me because I genuinely believe in this and so do a lot of other people. (Whether you do or not)

As you say a lot more work needs to be done to determine whether or not it is a definitive cure. That being said why isn't the work being done more rapidly?

There is enough 'proof' as it stands to suggest we should be throwing everything at it but we're not.

Ask yourself why.. who will lose money.. Maybe it IS the be all cure for cancer.

Again I apologise for being rude, insensitive and just generally an idiot. I'm just so passionate about life I hate to see stuff happening so slowly whilst people are suffering.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imnotanother
a reply to: ScepticScot

I believe there were some links provided on the first page. I read an 8 page one about breast cancer. This is about the 3rd thread in less than 48 hours where you are asking other members to provide you an education. Please see if those links are adequate for you. I believe they are what you are asking about.

And not related to this thread, I placed on your board the links you asked for in my thread. What you say doesn't exist, does. Sometimes it just takes a little work and maybe clicking on "Page 2" of google results.

No, there were links with claims that do not match the science.

Not a cure

Importantly, CBD did not inhibit invasiveness in cells that ectopically expressed Id-1. In conclusion, CBD represents the first nontoxic exogenous agent that can significantly decrease Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells leading to the down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness.

Not a cure.

Cannabinoids also reduced the growth of tumor cells in two animal models of pancreatic cancer.

Learn the difference between a treatment and a cure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join