It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch: Feds’ Bulletin Describes Threat of Imminent Terrorist Attack on Southern Border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

www.nationalreview.com...

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued.

You would have thought somebody would have seen this coming.....

Judicial Watch: Feds’ Bulletin Describes Threat of Imminent Terrorist Attack on Southern Border

So what say you, possible real threat or just reminding us to be scared?

I think it might be possible, I dont see them admitting there are problems with our border since they have chosen to just leave them wide open...So they must think they have to announce this as credible.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Pass a bill and put up " car bomb free zones"

Problem solved

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They say things like this all the time. Sooner or later as the saying goes a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Im normally in the this is usual and they like to keep us scared whenever they can crowd, but again with them not wanting to admit the border being open is a big deal, this has to sting.

They will never admit they need or needed to keep a better lid on the border. When the rest of the country knows it should be. That should tell you all you need to know what THEY think about us and what we think.

edit on 29-8-2014 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You would think that would inspire the President of the United States to shut down the border to protect the citizens...Obama obviously has other plans...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wiz4769

www.nationalreview.com...

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued.

So what say you, possible real threat or just reminding us to be scared?

I think it might be possible, I dont see them admitting there are problems with our border since they have chosen to just leave them wide open...So they must think they have to announce this as credible.

"Judicial Watch" is a right wing organization financed by billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife with a specific political agenda. Note that the actual "Fed's Bulletin" that supposidly describes the imminent threat is not posted here.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Tangerine because: typo correction

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I smell BS.
Why now?? because A war is coming. Time to use scare tactics on the American people so that the sheep will back whatever the D.C. crowd does. Somebody about to get bombed and invaded. TPTB are going forth with their middle east plan. But still, our borders need to be fixed to keep all the illegal criminals out.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

The reporter forgot the most important aspect:

What color is the Terror Alert?

edit on 8292014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

So..let's get this right: They are saying that we face a terrorist attack across a border that has been demonstrably and proven porous for decades with no attempt whatsoever by TPTB to fix.

I just want to shrug my shoulders and tell the govt "tough"... you made this bed, now live in it. When it happens the S will hit the Fan and I hope you are all screwed (politicos).

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

So..let's get this right: They are saying that we face a terrorist attack across a border that has been demonstrably and proven porous for decades with no attempt whatsoever by TPTB to fix.

I just want to shrug my shoulders and tell the govt "tough"... you made this bed, now live in it. When it happens the S will hit the Fan and I hope you are all screwed (politicos).

Honestly, if the report is accurate I'm in utter amazement. It seems ludicrous to me to believe that terrorists are going to cross the border and then blow things up in border towns. Once they're in the country they can go anywhere, why wouldn't they pick more high value targets?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I kind of assumed they would go for higher value targets, myself. Here in TX that would mean making it from the border to Dallas, Ft. Worth, San Antonio or Houston... not much of a challenge there. Houston is the #4 largest city in the nation. Dallas is 9th, Austin is 11th, Ft. Worth is 17th, El Paso 19th, and San Antonio is #7... lot's of targets here.

El Paso is right across the border from Juarez...
edit on 29-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Maybe so, but there's nothing culturally significant about those towns beyond the mentality of Texans. Someone in Pennsylvania has little emotional connection to anything there. If terrorists were going to cross the boarder I would think mass attacks in Hollywood would be the easiest location to reach that has cultural significance. But, if you can get through the boarder wouldn't it send an even bigger message if you hit the financial district of NYC again or drove up to DC and blew things up there?

For the most part I just don't see boarder towns as having interesting targets which it's something you're only going to be able to do once.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You are assuming that they want to destroy something...

Just killing a large number of people would be a success for them. Perhaps a govt building? Perhaps a high school football game? High School football is big in Texas. How better to terrorize people than to blow up something as innocent as a bunch of kids at a football game on a Friday night.

Hollywood is a long ways from Juarez, which was mentioned in the report. El Paso is just across the border from Juarez... so would they go for a target of easy opportunity or try to drive inland to find a more culturally significant target?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Terrorism isn't about the body count so much as the psychological effect. Bringing an IED to a high school football game will send the message that you're not safe but it's a poor use of resources. Simply getting someone across the border armed with a couple of weapons to shoot up the event has the same impact. A suicide bombing would work too.

I would think IED's are meant for something larger than that. Sure, Juarez is an easy location to access but I just can't see ISIS or any other group blowing their one shot at launching an attack through the southern border on something like a high school football game.

There's no question in my mind that we're vulnerable through the border but that's merely a point of entry not a limitation on where the attack needs to be carried out.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

True, but if they were going for something like hollywood, why come in through Juarez? Why not come across at a point at the California border?

Personally, I live in Dallas and have always felt relatively safe here from terrorism simply because we are in the middle of the country, and not a NYC, Boston, DC or Philly...When you consider what the average ISIS member knows about the US (discounting the participation of an American), they probably only really know about NYC, DC and maybe a couple more cities. So unless there is a specific target, I would wonder why cross at Juarez....

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
You would think that would inspire the President of the United States to shut down the border to protect the citizens...Obama obviously has other plans...

No need to shut the boarder down.

ISIS would have to get past all the Mexican Cartels first. It ain't gonna happen.

Nothings going to stop that money train, especially ISIS.

The Cartels would light their asses up while the CIA sits back and laughs...lol!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They can do some damage with IED's or car bombs and such.

They would never attemp a boots on the ground attack I think, it would be suicide. Since a HUGE percentage of Americans own firearms and most know how to use them I doubt they would get very far.

Seriously, If they want to cut off my head please have one contact me and I will gladly give the sick bastards my address.

Contact me at [email protected] and I will gladly let you know where we can meet in the desert somewhere.

They are all so freaking brave, see how they do against someone who is armed to the teeth and wants to fight!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I guess time will tell to see If Americans choose to look the other way when
it come to something suspicious in their neighborhood.
Maybe its just what we need to bring the US back together from the racist tear..

After all, we do come together during a crISIS
edit on 29-8-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: camaro68ss
Pass a bill and put up " car bomb free zones"

Problem solved

Yep. Car Bomb control. Private possession of car bombs will be made illegal. The only solution possible, at least for half the country....

You can have my car bomb when you pry the keys from my cold, dead fingers.

oh, wait!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join