It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of getting back into gaming...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It really depends on what you are looking for.

The PS4 focuses more on games, while the Xbox One was developed to be a 'media centre' of sorts. There are more multimedia abilities available with the Xbox One than there is on the PS4.

When it comes down to it though, the PS4 is more powerful than its counterpart, and it has more prospects in terms of peripherals with Sony releasing a virtual reality kit sometime in the future.

Here are some links which may be of help:

www.techradar.com...

au.ign.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think it's going to take another year for developers to start writing games that actually take advantage of what the new systems can do. I'm waiting until then. Besides, there just aren't many good games out for either system right now. When Witcher 3 comes out maybe I'll consider?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I've been an Xbox owner, original Xbox, the 360. But I've had 3 360s die on me in various ways, none of them lasted more than 18 months before giving up the ghost. So I jumped ship to PS3.

If I were going to upgrade to the next-gen, I'd definitely go for the PS4, the machine is simply more powerful than the Xbox one, and doesn't have all of those disturbing security concerns.

But both the 'next-gen' consoles are basically low to mid range PCs now, so to be honest? I'd get a mid-range gaming PC for about the same price, and go that route. Apart from the ease and convenience, I can't see any reason to get a next-gen console.

Particularly at this point in their life-cycles where there virtually no decent games for either of them.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Console gaming is for noobs and has ruined the advancement of gaming , but thats just my opinion..and a few others lol

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's always Steam and the Steambox. Note: the linked article is a little dated, so you are likely to get better specs for lower prices. Seems to provide a good overview though.

A Steambox is basically a small form-factor PC running SteamOS instead of Windows/Linux/OSX. It's got a pretty good UI, similar to most consoles, but does not (yet) support things like Netflix/Youtube/VUDU. There are *thousands* of games available, and a few that are not. Some of the EA titles aren't available, such as the newer games in the Battlefield franchise. Ubisoft titles that you purchase in store usually won't have a Steam-redeemable product key, but you can purchase them through the Steam software instead.

Other things of note with Steam: In-Home Streaming, allowing you to stream from the gaming machine to another device such as a laptop. All the processing happens on the gaming machine. Also, Family Sharing. You can link up with friends and family and share your game libraries. Only one person can use a specific title at a time, but it expands your library pretty quickly.

A lot of people say negative things about Steam, but I have never had any complaints (except when they have those sales and i spend all my money). A lot of the things I hear/see all revolve around people disliking DRM.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join